[Today at 05:11:05 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by brewcity77
[May 03, 2024, 08:27:54 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka  (Read 3773 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2024, 10:07:58 PM »
Boy. Saying Buzz inherited “starters” David Cubillan and Mo Acker in year 2 from Tom Crean is really a stretch. In their first year with Buzz they averaged 2.8 and 1.6 points per game, 1.4 and .5 rebounds per game and 1.8 and .2 assists per game. Yes, they started for Buzz in his second year, but the guys Buzz got from Crean were end of the bench guys, not starters.

Tell you what...before we go further, I'm going to give you a chance to just retract and concede that this is a terrible point and your attempt to dispute my post is wholly without any merit.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #51 on: Today at 01:02:52 AM »
Tell you what...before we go further, I'm going to give you a chance to just retract and concede that this is a terrible point and your attempt to dispute my post is wholly without any merit.
Your post is insane and Lenny is right

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #52 on: Today at 06:02:34 AM »
Your post is insane and Lenny is right

In year two, Buzz inherited three staters on an NCAA tournament team, one of whom was a future first round NBA draft pick.

Pointing out that two of the three didn’t play much in year one is odd because Buzz also inherited the Amigos.

So to summarize, Buzz inherited…

Three seniors who had been starting since their freshman year.

A junior who started for two years, and would eventually start for two additional years and be drafted in the NBA.

Two additional juniors who would start on a NCAA tournament team.

Claiming the cupboard was bare is an insane take.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #53 on: Today at 08:05:25 AM »

Thanks for the offer, Brew - but I’ll decline. I’ll expand on my point tonight - too busy today.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #54 on: Today at 09:00:12 AM »
I know you have some looney takes, but you can't possibly think that the program was in a worse place when Crean left than it was when he arrived, can you?  You're just trolling at this point, right?

Where did I say the program was in worse shape when Crean left than when he arrived?  Here's the answer:  Nowhere.  I said the cuboard in Year 2 was empty.  If you think a roster in Year 2 for Buzz that left behind Lazar, Mo Acker, and David Cubillian was a full cupboard, well, per usual we see things differently.

Most Big East teams weren't forced into starting two guards who clocked in under 5'10" and one of whom didn't weigh more than 165 lbs.

Lenny said it best.  And what's funny is the posters here up in arms over this point insisted Wojo inherited an empty cupboard with 8 Top 100 recruits - none of whom were massively undersized at their positions.

S16, S16, Elite 8, trumps Crean's 1 Final Four, and of course Crean got knocked out in D-Wades sophomore year by a 14 seed in Round 1.

Lastly, I'm not a Crean hater at all.  Very grateful for what he did at MU.  There's no bias against Crean.  I just think Buzz was a better coach.  You can look at how each has perforrmed since leaving MU - Crean had 1 run while at IU but ended up getting fired, and then performed even worse at Georgia, getting fired again.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #55 on: Today at 09:07:49 AM »

Absolute tool of a post.  Then again, not surprised you wouldn't think great coaching was why a roster with two midget guards was able to earn a 6 seed. Nor should I be surprised that you'd think inheriting David Cubiallian and Mo Acker formed the ingredients of a full cupboard.  Lazar was the only high major caliber player left on the roster in Year 2.