[Today at 05:11:05 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by brewcity77
[May 03, 2024, 08:27:54 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Villain-ova game thread  (Read 12504 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Villain-ova game thread
« Reply #475 on: January 30, 2024, 09:02:18 PM »
Agreed.   He sees the problems and not the opportunities.   I am not mad at or even really that critical of his mindset.  It is fine.  He has been consistent in his approach.  Not irrational or vitriolic. Good on him.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #476 on: January 30, 2024, 09:13:18 PM »

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #477 on: January 30, 2024, 09:34:32 PM »
BC

You have not indicated being a big fan of this roster or overly optimistic for next year. I guess the fact that MU has been ranked in the top ten for much of the last twelve months has some fans more excited than you. That said, I was a major wet blanket back in Wojo’s “big” year.

Goose, this team has 2 of the best players in MU history, no one can deny that.  My expections this year were to win a National Championship, can that still happen, maybe.  For that to happen the secondary players have to be better, that’s it!  We will see what happens in 45 days!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #478 on: January 30, 2024, 09:39:53 PM »
BC

IMO, TK is an all time great player in MU history and Oso is playing great. We agree that NC is the bar and we will see what happens. That said, I think this team is far better than a year ago at this time. I think they are ready. Up to the boys!

Viper

• All American
« Reply #479 on: January 30, 2024, 09:48:02 PM »
BCHoopster does not like this team.
what is BC saying regarding Gold’s game tnite that’s inaccurate ? Flat shot. Rushed, off balance. Outmuscled in the paint. I assume Shaka sat Gold the final 10 minutes to take away ‘Nova exploiting the mismatch. I think once the game slows down for Ben, he’ll be ok. And at times…such as vs SH, he looked good. Tnite not so much. btw, Nova’s making this a game not on Ben, but SH Gold would have helped a lot, imo.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #480 on: January 30, 2024, 10:03:36 PM »
what is BC saying regarding Gold’s game tnite that’s inaccurate ? Flat shot. Rushed, off balance. Outmuscled in the paint. I assume Shaka sat Gold the final 10 minutes to take away ‘Nova exploiting the mismatch. I think once the game slows down for Ben, he’ll be ok. And at times…such as vs SH, he looked good. Tnite not so much. btw, Nova’s making this a game not on Ben, but SH Gold would have helped a lot, imo.

Yea Benny didn’t play great.

If he had, he wouldn’t have gotten 17 mins to Chase’ 31, coming off an injury.

It’s ok to admit that.

The last few games had me believing that he and Jop are the keys to March success, but it may be Chase and Jop instead, with Ben being a nice unexpected burst of a few 3s off the bench.

At the end of the day, for good or bad, Ben’s importance to this years squad fully depends on him making open 3s. He gets a ton, so hopefully he can make more.

I still have a feeling that in a weird way, and I hope I’m wrong, he might get thrust into action by necessity in an elimination game due to Oso foul trouble.
Hope he’s ready for that, because Marquette will need him to survive and advance so Oso can play again

Viper

• All American
« Reply #481 on: January 30, 2024, 10:06:09 PM »
Yea Benny didn’t play great.

If he had, he wouldn’t have gotten 17 mins to Chase’ 31, coming off an injury.

It’s ok to admit that.

The last few games had me believing that he and Jop are the keys to March success, but it may be Chase and Jop instead, with Ben being a nice unexpected burst of a few 3s off the bench.

At the end of the day, for good or bad, Ben’s importance to this years squad fully depends on him making open 3s. He gets a ton, so hopefully he can make more.

I still have a feeling that in a weird way, and I hope I’m wrong, he might get thrust into action by necessity in an elimination game due to Oso foul trouble.
Hope he’s ready for that, because Marquette will need him to survive and advance so Oso can play again
…agreed

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #482 on: January 31, 2024, 05:28:45 AM »
We got this.

Newsie, I am free for lunch on Friday.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #483 on: January 31, 2024, 02:20:39 PM »
Having watched the replay earIy this morning, I think it's important to reiterate that the foul on Oso at 1:17 was utter garbage.  And it's the kind of call that could have cost us the game.  Stevie had a steal after great defense and we would have had the rock up 6.  Instead, Dixon gets two freebies. Totally inexcusable call. 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #484 on: January 31, 2024, 11:19:01 PM »
Newsie, I am free for lunch on Friday.
LFG then
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE