[Today at 11:36:18 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 11:23:04 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: IU fan here... Did Crean ever develop big men?  (Read 4965 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: IU fan here... Did Crean ever develop big men?
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 12:31:55 AM »
I think you have a little too much love for Buzz and hold amazing double standards.   We can play this game all day if you wish.

I just enjoy showing the hypocrisy of it all.   I question a IU FAN and you guys come to his defense because he has to balls to question TC.  I question Buzz at times (so do others), and we don't have balls but we hate Buzz.  Is there a bigger double standard?  Please

Chicos, what are you even arguing anymore?  That doesn't address anything in this thread.  You see this as a "game" apparently.  I was pointing out that for some reason you want to pretend this guy isn't an IU fan.  Now you say he is.  Thanks.  That's all I was saying.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 12:36:50 AM »
IU Fan,

In fairness to Crean, he never had a big man of the caliber of Zeller at MU.  In his early days, he had a player named Scott Merritt come to MU.  Merritt was a skilled 6-11 player.  He was a role player on the Final Four team and when he was a senior, everyone had expectations that he would go to the NBA and be the leader.

By the end of the year, it was clearly Diener/Novak's team as Merritt was never able to step up.  It was one of two teams that made it to the NIT with two NBA players on it.  

Crean did tend to use Merritt on the perimeter, so sorry if that scares you.  Merritt put up numbers, but never lived up to his senior year expectations.  It might not be fair to him.  At the end of the day, Merritt put up some nice numbers here.  We all thought he had NBA talent but never developed.  

So, long story short, Scot Merritt is the best example we have for you.  I really don't envy your position at IU right now.  I hope that the talent Crean got down there can make up for him.  His act will get very, very old soon if it does not.  

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 01:06:02 AM »
Chicos, what are you even arguing anymore?  That doesn't address anything in this thread.  You see this as a "game" apparently.  I was pointing out that for some reason you want to pretend this guy isn't an IU fan.  Now you say he is.  Thanks.  That's all I was saying.

From the very start I said he was....I should have put it in teal instead of "IU FAN" in quotes.  That was my whole point...the double standards here.  Go back and read.  Yes, he's an IU fan and yes he knows the answer to his question as he's posted similar types of questions for years.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:07:38 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 06:45:30 AM »
Regarding Merritt, Crean never developed him. By the time he was a Senior Merritt's offense consited of dribbling on the perimeter, trying a spin move 15 feet out from the basket, and having the ball knocked awat from him. Merritt never did develop an inside game.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 06:52:05 AM »
As far as Crean is concerned for me, never was a Crean fan. He was a pretty good recruiter, promoted the program, and moved the program in the right direction. However, he was a big time prima donna, and was never a very good bench coach, although he did improve on that a bit, taking 10 years to do it. He has moved on, and is now II II's problem.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 07:30:59 AM »
Crean is an assh*le. The sooner you realize it, the better. Even if Indiana succeeds, you'll hold your nose because you'll come to realize you're rooting against him because he's such an unbelievable phony. He's literally one of the most loathesome people in sports.

Spot on. As a basketball coach, Crean makes a good used car salesman
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback