[Today at 12:46:07 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 12:40:54 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 12:35:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 11:23:04 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Will you be filling out a bracket this year?

Of course- multiple
32 (66.7%)
Of course- one
13 (27.1%)
No
3 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: March 17, 2011, 02:36:24 PM

Author Topic: Are you filling out a bracket?  (Read 3251 times)

jaybilaswho?

• All American
Are you filling out a bracket?
« on: March 14, 2011, 02:36:24 PM »
I havent filled brackets for the last two years and have enjoyed the tournament more because I can cheer for great games/upsets instead of always worrying about my bracket. I dont think I am going to fill one out this year again.

What will you be doing?
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
Re: Are you filling out a bracket?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 03:25:45 PM »
I only do one and go down with that ship. Can't do multiple, I hate being a position where I have to root for different teams that could face each other. it's like being in Multiple fantasy leagues... besides if I win one league, I'll likely win em all

augoman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 03:30:44 PM »
I do 3; 1 for a pool in AZ, one for a pool w/cpl friends, one with my heart (last year I had Catholic schools winning all their first round games.  You know how that one fared!!)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 05:09:44 PM »
Agreed with Ari.  I do one for fun, against a few buddies (ok, maybe a second one on scoop that I pay no attention to unless I do well!).  But I hardly sit and root for teams just so that I win a bracket challenge.  I just keep it around with me so I can see what the match-ups are in the future rounds.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 05:27:16 PM »
I get in multiple pools but used the same bracket in each.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 06:11:53 PM »
Still deciding.  I won a pretty big CFB bowl pool this year and want to keep my winning streak and feeling of invincibility going.  

I usually suck at NCAA tourney brackets anyway.  Anyone here ever won a sizable NCAA pool?

augoman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 06:36:26 PM »
last year I came in 3rd last in a pool of 118 entries.  just missed that booby prize.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 06:45:49 PM »
I follow college basketball and my wife does not.....the last two years we have entered the Buffalo Wild Wings National Pick'em Tourney.  She has finished in the top 7 one year and the top 18 the following.  I did beyond terrible.  I pick with my heart/brain and she picks by mascot/nicknames.  She has also won her office pool two years running.  Go figure.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 09:30:20 AM »
I follow college basketball and my wife does not.....the last two years we have entered the Buffalo Wild Wings National Pick'em Tourney.  She has finished in the top 7 one year and the top 18 the following.  I did beyond terrible.  I pick with my heart/brain and she picks by mascot/nicknames.  She has also won her office pool two years running.  Go figure.

I believe that this is becoming a law of science. Just like in video games, the ones who don't know what they are doing... always beat the ones that do.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 09:35:42 AM »
my favorite part about this thread is what it looks like in the left column under, 'recent posts'

*giggle*

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 09:36:42 AM »
my favorite part about this thread is what it looks like in the left column under, 'recent posts'

*giggle*

Hards... you've got a lot of growing up to do.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 10:18:15 AM »
I do three brackets... a "homer" bracket where MU wins the championship amongst a Big East Final Four, a "mascot" bracket where teams are judged based upon the ferocity of their mascot, and a "favorites" bracket where I never pick any upsets.  The first two are for fun... I never enter those in a pool.  I enter my favorites bracket only into a couple pools that give no bonuses for upsets.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 05:58:34 PM »
I do three brackets... a "homer" bracket where MU wins the championship amongst a Big East Final Four, a "mascot" bracket where teams are judged based upon the ferocity of their mascot, and a "favorites" bracket where I never pick any upsets.  The first two are for fun... I never enter those in a pool.  I enter my favorites bracket only into a couple pools that give no bonuses for upsets.

What color dress are you wearing tomorrow?

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 07:16:10 PM »
I do one for fun, but nothing competitive.  I prefer watching the games without having money riding on them.  I still find them exciting.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 10:46:28 AM »
What color dress are you wearing tomorrow?

Green... to match the color of the money I'll be winning.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »
did anyone do a yahoo league for scoopers?

feedback