[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: IDF targets and kills food aid workers  (Read 6758 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: IDF targets and kills food aid workers
« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2024, 11:00:20 AM »
Cracking down could mean a number of things. Limiting campus grounds to members of the campus community (students and faculty) for instance. Or limiting the space in which a protest could be held.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2024, 11:02:07 AM »
Cracking down could mean a number of things. Limiting campus grounds to members of the campus community (students and faculty) for instance. Or limiting the space in which a protest could be held.

"You can protest where we say and when we say" never has a positive effect.  Nor does sending in National Guard and overly militarized police.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2024, 11:02:25 AM »
Shockin' how the elephant in the room...the blatant, rising antisemitism in this country is not only tolerated, but also accepted.
A kinder, gentler nation where hate has no home here, hey?

#bullchit

I had forgotten you think young American Jews need to “know their place”. After all they have had a prominent presence in these protests.

Can we get Bill Ackman to weigh in here while we are recycling the classics?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2024, 11:07:17 AM »
Cracking down on peaceful protests tends to accomplish the opposite of what the crackdown is intended to do. As we seem to be seeing by their rapid growth around the country.

I agree, and I think it was heavy handed, and enflamed situations. But it was within the rights of the campuses.

Same when far-right groups and/or Antifa were disrupting campuses. It was within the rights of the campus to shut things down.

All I ask for is that people apply their outrage equally in these types of situations, instead of only directing outrage when "your" side is affected.

• All American
« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2024, 11:08:03 AM »
"You can protest where we say and when we say" never has a positive effect.  Nor does sending in National Guard and overly militarized police.

It's problematic sure, but there are a lot of problems with how the protesters are acting.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2024, 11:09:03 AM »
Outstanding of Robert Kraft to end donations to Columbia for failure to protect their students. When all fails, hit 'em in the pocket book, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #181 on: April 25, 2024, 11:12:39 AM »
Outstanding of Robert Kraft to end donations to Columbia for failure to protect their students. When all fails, hit 'em in the pocket book, aina?

Truth be told, he needed the moolah for more handys.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #182 on: April 25, 2024, 11:14:41 AM »
It's problematic sure, but there are a lot of problems with how the protesters are acting.

I'm sure the kind folks of Selma and Birmingham in the 60s would have agreed with you.

• All American
« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2024, 11:19:30 AM »
I'm sure the kind folks of Selma and Birmingham in the 60s would have agreed with you.

::) OK, I guess you don't want a serious dialogue here.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2024, 11:25:42 AM »
::) OK, I guess you don't want a serious dialogue here.

I do, but I understand your POV as a school admin prevents you from having an honest dialogue. 

Protests are intended to be inconvenient.  Occupying a quad/open space on a college campus isn't even that inconvenient, nor is it dangerous enough that police need to forcibly remove the peaceful protesters.  I'm sure you can agree that there shouldn't be a blanket ban on all protests at college campuses, correct?  What about this particular situation requires the protest to be broken up?

Removing peaceful protestors typically leads to radicalization and violence.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2024, 11:29:46 AM »
If this nonsense isn't dealt with now, commencement will be disrupted throughout much of the country, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2024, 11:39:05 AM »
I do, but I understand your POV as a school admin prevents you from having an honest dialogue. 

Protests are intended to be inconvenient.  Occupying a quad/open space on a college campus isn't even that inconvenient, nor is it dangerous enough that police need to forcibly remove the peaceful protesters.  I'm sure you can agree that there shouldn't be a blanket ban on all protests at college campuses, correct?  What about this particular situation requires the protest to be broken up?

Removing peaceful protestors typically leads to radicalization and violence.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with protests on college campuses. However protesters should not be able to block access to buildings where students go to class and people go to work. I was under the impression, though I may be wrong, that protesters were blocking such access. If not, then I have no problem.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2024, 11:56:45 AM »
If this nonsense isn't dealt with now, commencement will be disrupted throughout much of the country, aina?

I'm glad somebody is thinking about commencement

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2024, 11:59:57 AM »

There is absolutely nothing wrong with protests on college campuses. However protesters should not be able to block access to buildings where students go to class and people go to work. I was under the impression, though I may be wrong, that protesters were blocking such access. If not, then I have no problem.

If they're blocking building access that sounds like a job for campus security to handle.  If violence is involved have the police arrest the offenders blocking access. 

Yes, we agree here.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2024, 12:34:12 PM »
Speaking of antisemitism, make sure you tell Jewish people how they should vote and tell them they’re not real Jews for not voting the way you tell them to
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 12:36:26 PM by Uncle Rico »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2024, 12:38:48 PM »
I'm glad somebody is thinking about commencement

What’s wildly hilarious about this discussion about campuses is, the protests currently ongoing in Israel will have a far greater impact than what is happening here.

However, campus protest here are an excellent distraction from the Israel populace protesting their current government and their continuing failure that began well before October 6th.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2024, 12:39:21 PM »

Only drunk graduates and obnoxious families should be allowed to disrupt commencement.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2024, 12:40:17 PM »
Only drunk graduates and obnoxious families should be allowed to disrupt commencement.
All is fair if the commencement speaker is boring

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2024, 01:38:00 PM »
FWIW, my cousin is a post grad at Columbia and also Jewish.  His non-Jewish faculty advisor recommended he and another Jewish researcher in their lab steer clear of campus for a bit and went so far as to set them up with potential other research space in the city for the short term.  This was based on feedback he got from other faculty about the reactions to and treatment of Jewish students on and around campus.

There are plenty of peaceful protesters, but there are also plenty of hateful idiots who are shooting from the hip with a bunch of BS.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2024, 01:40:55 PM »

Anti-israel or anti-zionist =\= anti-Semitic
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 04:54:39 PM by jesmu84 »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2024, 01:41:25 PM »
FWIW, my cousin is a post grad at Columbia and also Jewish.  His non-Jewish faculty advisor recommended he and another Jewish researcher in their lab steer clear of campus for a bit and went so far as to set them up with potential other research space in the city for the short term.  This was based on feedback he got from other faculty about the reactions to and treatment of Jewish students on and around campus.

There are plenty of peaceful protesters, but there are also plenty of hateful idiots who are shooting from the hip with a bunch of BS.

Strange, especially since there are also a bunch of Jewish students who are active in the protests.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #196 on: April 25, 2024, 01:50:34 PM »

There are too many bigots and bad actors who will be opportunists and try and co-opt events like these. The summer of the George Floyd protests illustrated that again and again.

It's when you leave the gates of campus where the circus has congregated, and national media people are misinterpreting those there as being part of the core on campus demonstration.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #197 on: April 25, 2024, 03:02:02 PM »
Reports that after the arrests last night the crowd at UT is five times larger today.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2024, 03:18:08 PM »
Speaking of antisemitism, make sure you tell Jewish people how they should vote and tell them they’re not real Jews for not voting the way you tell them to

Yes, Doc’s hero really built up his antisemitic points with that one … as if kowtowing to Putin, accepting support from the Proud Boys, pumping up MTG, dining with Fuentes, and praising very fine people who were chanting “Jews will not replace us!” weren’t enough.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"