collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2015 MLB Thread & Pissing Match  (Read 1637 times)

Benny B

• All American
2015 MLB Thread & Pissing Match
« on: February 11, 2015, 09:42:51 AM »
10 days from P&C report, and Lucroy is already expected to miss Spring Training with a hammy injury.

Not exactly the news (or injury) you want to hear on your all-star catcher.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

🏀

• All American
Re: 2015 MLB Thread & Pissing Match
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 09:50:18 AM »
BASEBALL!

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 09:50:55 AM »
Wow that came up quick.  As a long suffering and dejected Cubs fan, I'm anxious for the season.  Looking forward to seeing if Baez and Soler develop and to see if Bryant is really the player they project him to be.
Like the Montero pick up, and more importantly than any transaction, including Lester, is Joe Maddon.
All I'm asking for this year is a meaningful game played in..... I'll take June at this point.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 11:01:10 AM »
Pecota has the Cubs at .500, the Brewers at 80-82, and the White Sox at 79-83.

Pecota also has the NL West getting three playoff teams; that would surprise me.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/fantasy/dc/

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 11:06:14 AM »
Martinez' knee surgery went well and his rehab is slated for 4-6 weeks.   Optimistically, he can DH for the Tigers during the first week of the season.   Unlikely he will be able to catch during interleague play, though. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 11:22:38 PM »
Wow that came up quick.  As a long suffering and dejected Cubs fan, I'm anxious for the season.  Looking forward to seeing if Baez and Soler develop and to see if Bryant is really the player they project him to be.
Like the Montero pick up, and more importantly than any transaction, including Lester, is Joe Maddon.
All I'm asking for this year is a meaningful game played in..... I'll take June at this point.

Everybody loves Maddon, but remember when Dusty was the guy?  Then remember when Lou was the guy?  Both far more accomplished than Maddon.  He is a great manager, but I'd take the Ace anyday.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 11:35:27 PM »
Pecota has the Cubs at .500, the Brewers at 80-82, and the White Sox at 79-83.

Pecota also has the NL West getting three playoff teams; that would surprise me.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/fantasy/dc/

Very interesting, I guess I wouldn't be too surprised.  The Dodgers still seem to be the class of the West in the regular season.  The Padres, have improved leaps and bounds, now throw in Shields, and their rotation may be second only to Washington.  There are certainly questions about who hits where (especially leadoff) and who plays where (center?) but they could be very good.  And I know I wouldn't bet against Brian Sabean and the Giants, though they did lose some talent.     

Not sure another division has a second level team that would be significantly better than any of those.  The Central would my best guess.  I can certainly see both the Cards and Pirates making it.  The Brewers, Cubs and Reds are all have significant questions.  Can the brewers play all year like they did the first half last season? Does Braun get back to what he was, or was it just roid fueled?  Can the kids produce for the Cubs?  Does Arrieta pitch like an ace again?  What will Bruce, Votto and Phillips combine to do for the Reds, a very, very intriguing division. 

In the East it seems like that Nats and a lot of mediocrity.  Not sure what to expect from the Mets or Braves, though I guess I don't expect much.  I expect the Phillies to stink, and that leaves the Marlins.  They had a good offseason, and filled some gaps, the biggest question for me there is when does Fernandez come back, and is he his old self. 

And I suppose that's my NL preview in a snapshot.  Sorry for the ramblings!  I got carried away. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 08:08:35 AM »
Very interesting, I guess I wouldn't be too surprised.  The Dodgers still seem to be the class of the West in the regular season.  The Padres, have improved leaps and bounds, now throw in Shields, and their rotation may be second only to Washington.  There are certainly questions about who hits where (especially leadoff) and who plays where (center?) but they could be very good.  And I know I wouldn't bet against Brian Sabean and the Giants, though they did lose some talent.     

Not sure another division has a second level team that would be significantly better than any of those.  The Central would my best guess.  I can certainly see both the Cards and Pirates making it.  The Brewers, Cubs and Reds are all have significant questions.  Can the brewers play all year like they did the first half last season? Does Braun get back to what he was, or was it just roid fueled?  Can the kids produce for the Cubs?  Does Arrieta pitch like an ace again?  What will Bruce, Votto and Phillips combine to do for the Reds, a very, very intriguing division. 

In the East it seems like that Nats and a lot of mediocrity.  Not sure what to expect from the Mets or Braves, though I guess I don't expect much.  I expect the Phillies to stink, and that leaves the Marlins.  They had a good offseason, and filled some gaps, the biggest question for me there is when does Fernandez come back, and is he his old self. 

And I suppose that's my NL preview in a snapshot.  Sorry for the ramblings!  I got carried away. 

Pretty much summed up the NL quite well.

feedback