[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: So No Transfers?  (Read 3523 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
So No Transfers?
« on: January 23, 2012, 07:00:57 PM »
A few weeks ago Sultan found this little gem in this thread http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=29651.msg343584#msg343584

----

Since MU students can register until 1/25, maybe this is the magic date to look for.

http://www.mu.edu/mucentral/registrar/cal_acadcal1112ugrd.shtml

----

This date is Wednesday.  After this date no one is leaving or coming in during mid-season.

Thoughts?

MuMark

• All American
Re: So No Transfers?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 07:39:48 PM »
What would make you start this thread?

I mean seriously? We have won 4 games in row. Top 20 in the country.....all of the players are with the team.......

I guess people just need something to worry about.

My thoughts?

We have a big home game tomorrow......lets get a win.

Those are my thoughts.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 07:46:03 PM »

I mean seriously? We have won 4 games in row. Top 20 in the country.....all of the players are with the team.......
My thoughts?
Those are my thoughts.

I started it because the calendar says Wednesday is the last day to take a mid-season transfer.  So please explain how you twisted this in your mind to mean something negative and diminishing to our team.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 07:49:32 PM »
I started it because the calendar says Wednesday is the last day to take a mid-season transfer.  So please explain how you twisted this in your mind to mean something negative and diminishing to our team.

I am not MuMark, but I suspect the reference to "someone leaving" hit a nerve.  I wasn't quite certain why you included that in your post, either, but not enough to challenge it.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 07:57:18 PM »
Probably because if someone came in before the date (which, in all fairness, is approaching) someone would have to leave. I never quite understood why fans got mad when all the focus wasn't on an upcoming game. We're not playing tomorrow night.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 08:11:18 PM »
Probably because if someone came in before the date (which, in all fairness, is approaching) someone would have to leave. I never quite understood why fans got mad when all the focus wasn't on an upcoming game. We're not playing tomorrow night.

Wha?  If someone came before the date, 1) there's an open scholarship for them already, 2) if there weren't, you can't open one mid-season with someone leaving anyway, they're for the full year.. And uh, I hope we're playing tomorrow night cause USF will be in town expecting a game.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 08:16:03 PM »
Only transfer in name was Jamal Branch and he is going to St. Johns.  No other "in's" and no "outs"..

romey

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 08:17:30 PM »
Wha?  If someone came before the date, 1) there's an open scholarship for them already, 2) if there weren't, you can't open one mid-season with someone leaving anyway, they're for the full year.. And uh, I hope we're playing tomorrow night cause USF will be in town expecting a game.
I believe he meant WE'RE not playing tomorrow night s in you and me and the rest of the bloggers.  Therefore we can talk about anything we want rather than focus on the game.  ;)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 08:18:37 PM »
Not sure why people get worked up when a legit fan brings up a topic of discussion or opinion.  It's a message board.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

chapman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 08:25:43 PM »
I believe he meant WE'RE not playing tomorrow night s in you and me and the rest of the bloggers.  Therefore we can talk about anything we want rather than focus on the game.  ;)

Thanks, I couldn't figure out any other interpretation...very guilty of referring to the team as "we", not "they"!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 08:29:43 PM »
Someone wouldn't have to leave for mu to accept a transfer. But I doubt anyone is coming.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 08:32:51 PM »
So Steve Taylor didn't graduate early and is suiting up tomorrow night?   ;)

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 08:41:57 PM »
Someone wouldn't have to leave for mu to accept a transfer. But I doubt anyone is coming.

Sorry for confusion, that's not what I meant. NEXT year someone would have to leave/not come. So, yes, it is worth bringing up in the OP.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 08:44:32 PM »
I am not MuMark, but I suspect the reference to "someone leaving" hit a nerve.  I wasn't quite certain why you included that in your post, either, but not enough to challenge it.

Ok, "someone leaving" should have been left out as everyone is back and taking classes as they started last week.  I apologize.  But how many iterations does one have to twist this post in their mind before they turn this into a negative?  It never occurred to me that I would be defending this as a cut to the team or program.  Some people are so touchy, except when it comes to ripping Vander.

And yes, we have an open spot this semester so we can take someone through Wednesday and then they would be eligible to play next January.  And yes again, it appears no one is on the radar but their are still two days, and Buzz often plays his cards close to vest, which is why I asked.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 09:56:59 PM »
My thoughts?

Those are my thoughts.
i'm disappointed you read this thread...shows you're not entirely focused on tomorrow's game. 

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 11:37:36 PM »

There are available scholarships for this year only.  If someone were to transfer in at the semester, then they would not have a scholarship for next year unless someone currently on the team either decides to transfer or gets dropped from the team by Buzz at the end of the year, or if Buzz tells one of the current recruits to get lost.  Ergo, by starting this thread you are raising such a possibility.  That is linear straight line logic, nothing twisted about it.

When the "So who's going to transfer threads" start, I hope that you will be willing to take your well deserved bow.

You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 11:58:22 PM »

My thoughts?

Those are my thoughts.

I highly recommend you avoiding threads you don't want to read.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 07:10:54 AM »
There are available scholarships for this year only.  If someone were to transfer in at the semester, then they would not have a scholarship for next year unless someone currently on the team either decides to transfer or gets dropped from the team by Buzz at the end of the year, or if Buzz tells one of the current recruits to get lost.  Ergo, by starting this thread you are raising such a possibility.  That is linear straight line logic, nothing twisted about it.

When the "So who's going to transfer threads" start, I hope that you will be willing to take your well deserved bow.

Except this is not a "who is going to transfer" post.  That would be about someone leaving.  This was meant as an incoming transfer thread.

You are correct if someone does come in, no one has to leave this semester but something would have to leave (or not come) this summer.  So, remind me where you and MuMark were ripping those starting the the threads about Branch transferring to MU as hate talk?  I don't see you or MuMark ripping anyone wanting Philip Nolan in the current thread about him because if he comes, someone has to go.

groove

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 07:23:22 AM »
Should be interesting to see how playing time is divided up as the season continues.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 07:58:03 AM »
This is no different than talking about Kendrick Nunn and other 2013 recruits.  Hell, we actually were talking about a 2012 JUCO transfer just last week.  The fact is that if Nunn (or anyone else) comes here, someone we are expecting to be here isn't going to be here.  I don't know why we can't address this....we don't have to wildly speculate who might leave or not show up.