[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 459443 times)

Mayor McCheese

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2008, 02:11:05 PM »
as long as David Ortiz doesn't play the field, he should never get MVP, unless he hits for the triple crown, and then some.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

chapman

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2008, 03:24:52 PM »

As a Brewers fan, I'm with you on this one. I love the tailgating, but only BEFORE and AFTER the game.

+1.  If you're going to spend a day at the ballpark, spend the day.  It ruins the whole day when you go with people who get there a half hour early and want to tailgate so you end up getting in around the 4th inning.  The lots open early for a reason.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2008, 03:28:11 PM »

I just thought it was humorous that people were arguing over two teams that are mediocre at best.

Yes, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say very few (if any) of the people involved in a thread between Cubs and Brewers fans are not really concerned with the AL...and how many Word Series they've won over the last x years.  Sure, the AS game now has meaning...we'll see what happens.

I guess it was wrong to assume based on "SaintPaul Warrior" that you may have been a Twins fan....hence the AL Central reference....my bad.

Calling the Cubs mediocre at best...especially at this point of the season with their record and they way they've been playing (i.e. second best winning PCT in baseball)is pretty off-base...pun intended.  It's a long season but the Cubs have not been anything close to mediocre.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 02:58:10 PM by MarquetteFan94 »

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »
as long as David Ortiz doesn't play the field, he should never get MVP, unless he hits for the triple crown, and then some.

I'll agree with that.  A real ball player plays the field.  The DH needs to go.

LON

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2008, 02:40:38 PM »
Wisconsin = huge German heritage
Polka = German

Making fun of us for singing it at Brewers games really doesn't bother me...

The wave, on the other hand, needs to go...and the only time it is somewhat amusing is at Badger football games

LON

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2008, 02:41:22 PM »
Wisconsin = huge German heritage
Polka = German

Making fun of us for singing Roll Out the Barrel at Brewers games really doesn't bother me...

The wave, on the other hand, needs to go...and the only time it is somewhat amusing is at Badger football games

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2008, 03:53:08 PM »
Gagne needs the crowd to do the wave that way they don't see him blow yet another lead!!!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2008, 03:56:32 PM »
I'm really not surprised:

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2008, 08:59:03 PM »
Gagne needs the crowd to do the wave that way they don't see him blow yet another lead!!!

can't blame Gagne for getting Pujols to hit into a double play, just to have Weeks f' it up.  Gagne will be solid, I still haven't lost faith...

and how can you seriously hate the racing sausages margptm?  yes they are silly, but so is having random B list celebrities sing the 7th inning stretch, but yet no one has made fun of the Cubs for that.  In fact I will take the racing sausages over the used-to-be's singing the stretch at the ballpark any day.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2008, 09:38:13 PM »
can't blame Gagne for getting Pujols to hit into a double play, just to have Weeks f' it up. 

No, but you can blame him for giving up a walk and a base hit to put the Brewers in the position to need a double play to get out of the inning. Either way, Weeks should have made a better throw. He had a ton of time.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2008, 10:36:45 PM »

No, but you can blame him for giving up a walk and a base hit to put the Brewers in the position to need a double play to get out of the inning. Either way, Weeks should have made a better throw. He had a ton of time.

You must have been doing the wave...there was no walk, he hit Ceaser Izturis in the arm. 

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2008, 10:56:01 PM »
And to whoever brought up backwards hats. . .

A) Fans of every team in baseball and every other sport wear backwards hats.

B) Buckethead Brigade.

C) Grown men wearing Burger King crowns for Prince.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2008, 11:13:27 PM »
You must have been doing the wave...there was no walk, he hit Ceaser Izturis in the arm. 

No wave today, but you're right--HBP, not BB. I was a few beers in by then (LONG GAME). My mistake.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 11:31:17 PM by IAmMarquette »

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2008, 11:38:44 PM »
And to whoever brought up backwards hats. . .

A) Fans of every team in baseball and every other sport wear backwards hats.

B) Buckethead Brigade.

A) Not to the extent seen in Cubs fans (according to a study I made up for this post).

B) Now defunct, since Daron Sutton's departure from the TV booth.

C) A prince is royalty. Crowns are worn by royalty. A stretch, sure, but unless Fukudome is Japanese for "backwards cap," there's no excuse for such behavior.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2008, 11:39:15 PM »
They tried to start the wave numerous times (INCLUDING THE BOTTOM OF THE 9TH WITH THE WINNING RUN ON BASE), it just didn't make it through with the large empty sections on the left foul line.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2008, 12:37:22 AM »

Please, someone tell me WHY they had to have a Prince Fielder bobblehead giveaway a couple weeks ago with a crown on Fielder's head?  And I was annoyed by the constant 1982 promotions.  I'd rather they just gave away a voucher for a free sausage at the Sausage Haus on your next trip to the park.  Or if they have a Fielder bobblehead again, put a stick of celery in his hands instead of a bat.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2008, 11:02:44 AM »
No wave today, but you're right--HBP, not BB. I was a few beers in by then (LONG GAME). My mistake.

That was a long game. just over 5 hours. It sucked seing my cards lose, but was a hell of a game, just like monday night. It was worth calling in sick to see.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2008, 01:06:12 PM »

This HAS to be the only bobblehead that features a head that is more correctly proportional to the players actual body.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2008, 07:44:10 PM »
Here's another reason some brewers fans are just as big of douchebags. I'm at the game now sitting next to a kid with a retarded under lip goatee and earring. The kid has spent the last 20 min pretending to talk to his friends promoting his brewers pod cast... What a douche

🏀

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2008, 08:25:14 PM »
I'm at the game now sitting next to a kid with a retarded under lip goatee and earring.

Milwaukee has a high percentage of these nu-metal era leftover losers.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2008, 08:33:41 PM »

The only time a DH and an AL pitcher should be in contention for the MVP, is if they teammates split, and split in every facet. If Papelbon and Ortiz both have MVP caliber seasons, then Jonathon Ortiz could get put on the trophy.

I hate the AL.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2008, 10:48:47 PM »
I love when MU alums from Chicago rip on Milwaukee and Wisconsin, seems pretty ironic to me.

2TimeWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2008, 01:24:37 PM »
Okay, I've been reading this thread for a while now keeping to myself.

I am a Brewers fan!  I hate the Cubs!

I have been to many games at both parks.  I like both parks for different reasons.  Wrigley is old school.  I agree that most fans at the game are there for the game.  Miller Park is a neat new stadium.  Lots of stuff going on to take your attention away from the game.  As a true baseball fan I don't care about that stuff, but it makes it a lot easier for my wife to go to the games.  It makes it more family friendly.

All the people on these posts who keep saying that Wrigley is a joke need to step back and look at it with open eyes.  It's a great place for baseball.  The people who are saying the Milwaukee fans don't care about baseball because of the all the extracurriculars at the game should look at the bigger picture.  Milwaukee is about 10%? the size of Chicago.  Putting people in the stands is harder in this market.  If it takes some of the BS to get them there, so be it.  It shouldn't take away from the fact that there are many fans who still remain dedicated to watching the game.

Comparing the douchbags from Milwaukee vs. the douchbags from Chicago makes no sense to me.  Any way you look at it they're all still douchbags.  They are everywhere.

I wish the best to both teams this year.  It is really fun to have two quality teams so close that it creates a rivalry. 

In closing, while everyone is sitting here bitching about who has better fans, which town is better, what traditions are more interesting,etc., I'll be the one going to the ballparks to watch some good baseball.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2008, 07:01:53 PM »
Good post Badger Killer!

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2008, 08:43:28 PM »