[Today at 04:43:45 PM]

[Paint Touches] Love in the time of the Portal Kombat by tower912
[Today at 01:46:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 01:20:38 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Recording of Novak's 41 points  (Read 2306 times)

SoCalstu09

• Starter
Recording of Novak's 41 points
« on: August 07, 2009, 09:02:32 PM »
I'm looking for anyone with a copy of the UCONN-MU game where Novak had an unbelievable 41 points. I was a student at the time and to this day, have never seen that game (it was over a christmas break if I recall). I'll throw a couple bucks your way if you can burn a DVD and send it to me. Thanks in advance!

Please e-mail me at adam.stout@mu.edu
"I think the world is run by C students."- Al McGuire

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
Re: Recording of Novak's 41 points
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 10:31:14 PM »
Possibly the greatest game I've ever been to.  I'll never forget the three he took that was pretty much from the Al emblem and Calhoun making reference to it in the post game presser.

"He hit fallaways, he hit a 38-footer, you name it," Calhoun said. "He was wonderful." - http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=260030269

I was telling my friends (jokingly) during the day that if Novak scores 40, we'll win.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 11:00:34 PM by eaglewarrior08 »

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 02:05:30 PM »
I am pretty sure I have got it.  I will check and see when I get back to my place next week if that works for you

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 06:43:16 PM »
Where does this rank on the "best wins by Marquette" list... I get it, this game wasn't for anything that special, however I still put it extremely high.  UCONN was #2, and more importantly I believe it showed the country that Marquette did belong in the Big East.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 03:57:03 AM »
I was flying back from Texas that night and I had given my tickets to my parents to use.  I get off the plane, gather our luggage, and while we're waiting for the transportation we had arranged, I turned my phone back on & loaded up ESPN mobile's college hoops page.

And then I stared at it.

And then I reloaded the page.

And then I reloaded it again.  AND AGAIN.

At that point I called my dad.  "Uh, dad?  Did we beat UConn by 15?"  "OH IT WAS CRAZY!  NOVAK WENT NUTS!" etc. etc.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

LON

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 08:54:42 AM »
I was flying back from Texas that night and I had given my tickets to my parents to use.  I get off the plane, gather our luggage, and while we're waiting for the transportation we had arranged, I turned my phone back on & loaded up ESPN mobile's college hoops page.

And then I stared at it.

And then I reloaded the page.

And then I reloaded it again.  AND AGAIN.

At that point I called my dad.  "Uh, dad?  Did we beat UConn by 15?"  "OH IT WAS CRAZY!  NOVAK WENT NUTS!" etc. etc.

What was worse than that was I had to give my tickets to friends because I had to be in Wausau for work, and of course, they called me from the game basically every time he scored...

I was not pleased.

Robyrd5

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 10:56:25 AM »
I also missed this game. I was home in GA and had to listen to the whole thing through some streaming radio feed on my computer.

Keep an eye on the Time Warner Sports channel. They've been playing Marquette games from the past few years on Fridays around 7 p.m. I just noticed it a few weeks ago. I don't know how long they've been doing this, so they might have already aired this game. Anybody know?

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 07:31:35 PM »
On Time Warner Sports, they aired MU vs. Notre Dame that year.. got to remember the Novak three in the corner ftw.  Forgot to tape it... fail.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 07:56:11 AM »
On Time Warner Sports, they aired MU vs. Notre Dame that year.. got to remember the Novak three in the corner ftw.  Forgot to tape it... fail.

I also have that.  I will figure out some way to get these to you guys next week

feedback