[Today at 10:46:03 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Viper
[Today at 10:44:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Et tu, Dwyane?  (Read 13994 times)

Marquette Mama

• Scholarship Player
Re: Et tu, Dwyane?
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 07:34:26 PM »
Here are Tom Crean's 3 tweets regarding the DWade IU shorts:

Our guys just brought up the footage of Dwyane Wade in a Espn spelling bee promo SPORTING INDIANA BASKETBALL SHORTS.

wish I could take credit for it but I cant. Thats all him. All I did was send him some IU gear back in the fall.

Dwyane is a loyal comrade.

"CoachTomCrean" is now chirping some follow-up tweets.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 07:46:08 PM »
In all seriousness, in my opinion, Crean crossed over the line with this stunt. Smacks of a man who is both desperate and chemically imbalanced.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Coach Norman Dale

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 08:08:24 PM »
In all seriousness, in my opinion, Crean crossed over the line with this stunt. Smacks of a man who is both desperate and chemically imbalanced.

In all seriousness, those of you who believe that Tom Crean lays out clothing for Dwyane Wade to wear to commercial shoots raise your right hands!  OK, now step away from any sharp objects.  Gooooooooooood.   ::)

Actually, I think we should be more concerned that Crean suggested Dwyane is a "com-symp" -- commie sympathizer.  Calling him a "comrade".   We should get Colonel Flag [M*A*S*H reference for the youngsters] to investigate this.

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2009, 08:12:52 PM »
I have no problem with Dwade wearing IU shorts..in fact I do the same (got them when i visited my jr. year of HS)

Now if he shows up at their camps and stuff..then i will be mad.

Coach Norman Dale

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2009, 08:22:55 PM »
I have no problem with Dwade wearing IU shorts..in fact I do the same (got them when i visited my jr. year of HS)

What???  ... sputtering ... You do what???  What are you desperate and chemically imbalanced or something???  What do you think those shorts are -- just clothes or something???  Don't you understand that they represent disloyalty of the highest order???  Where will it end???   

g0ldmember42

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2009, 08:43:09 PM »
yes, but Crean was probably the one who fought for him to the administration. I give Crean most of the credit on this one, as much as you hate Crean you need to realize that he has done a lot of good for MU and has brought us to where we are today.

even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while....

Whatever, DW is from Crean's most successful coaching year, period. What I would be willing to bet we NEVER see is any of the 3 amigos (+lazar) ever go and support TC. Probably easier for the other guys like Wade and Diener bc they weren't (sun)burned by him...

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2009, 08:58:37 PM »
So, to review:

Wade wears IU colors when he sells out and gets paid to be a jackass to a bunch of spelling geniuses.

Wade wears MU colors (including a shirt with the name on the front) when he does charity work, like the bit that ABC showed with him & the disabled kid.

I'm going to be okay with this.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2009, 09:12:32 PM »

Agreed 100%.

I also hated it when Crean also made Dwyane include all of the MU gear in his commercials and appearances.

What a douche Crean is.

Thanks for nothing Tom. You can take Dwyane Wade and Converse and shove them up your a**.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2009, 09:28:20 PM »

Agreed 100%.

I also hated it when Crean also made Dwyane include all of the MU gear in his commercials and appearances.

What a douche Crean is.

Thanks for nothing Tom. You can take Dwyane Wade and Converse and shove them up your a**.

I understand the teal...but the bold is REAL. Converse...er...NIKE...though uniquely MU, really sucks so far in their designs.

SS Marquette

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2009, 11:40:38 PM »
as much as you hate Crean you need to realize that he has done a lot of good for MU and has brought us to where we are today.

First of all chief, I am one of Crean's biggest supporters for what he did while he was at MU... I fully appreciate what he did for the MU basketball program. He took us back to a level just above where we were at in the mid 90's under Kevin O'Neil (sweet 16) but you are probably too young to remember that.  Additionally, let's not forget the program that Al ran in the 70's (national championship).  Get me back to that level and we can start to talk about legacy, loyalty, and respect.  Also, as far as where we are today, the last time I checked, we lost back to back years in the second round of the tourney... no reason to celebrate in my book.

No matter how much I loved the crap Crean was selling me during his MU years, I don't support how he left the program... with his star pg finding out that he he left via ESPN... with no conversations to the AD or President of the University that he just resigned a multi-year extension with the year before... to his bullcrap story on how he always dreamed as a kid that he would one day coach IU after reading their media guide.  In my eyes, it's MU first no matter what!

Then again, this thread isn't about Crean... it's about Wade wearing the jersey shorts of a program that is not his home State, did not recruit him, and most importantly, he did not play for!  This is a thread on Wade selling out... I call bull sh*t on him... if he want's to wear IU gear, I say we MU fans who are his longest and most loyal fans should boycott his crap.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Looks like DWADE has a new set of shorts
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2009, 12:16:53 AM »
http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ind&media=129119

As some of us stated long ago, he'll always be a MU guy but he's going to support Crean as well (despite the howling here by some that he never would....silly....of course he would).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 12:20:08 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2009, 12:20:54 AM »
Another tired, completely predictable stunt by a complete dick.

God, I'm glad he's gone!!!

I'll bet Crean made him wear them too, or perhaps Wade did that on his own. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2009, 12:23:06 AM »
In all seriousness, those of you who believe that Tom Crean lays out clothing for Dwyane Wade to wear to commercial shoots raise your right hands!  OK, now step away from any sharp objects.  Gooooooooooood.   ::)

Actually, I think we should be more concerned that Crean suggested Dwyane is a "com-symp" -- commie sympathizer.  Calling him a "comrade".   We should get Colonel Flag [M*A*S*H reference for the youngsters] to investigate this.

LOL  +1

MARQKC

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2009, 01:29:15 AM »
We get mad when hot recruits follow coaches who change jobs before they play for us. Now we're upset when hot players follow coaches who change jobs AFTER they've played for us, too?

Did D.Wade ever earn a Marquette degree? If not, is he seeking to transfer his MU credits, too?

Is the Converse uniform contract transferable, too? Please?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2009, 08:29:55 AM »
First of all chief, I am one of Crean's biggest supporters for what he did while he was at MU... I fully appreciate what he did for the MU basketball program. He took us back to a level just above where we were at in the mid 90's under Kevin O'Neil (sweet 16) but you are probably too young to remember that.  Additionally, let's not forget the program that Al ran in the 70's (national championship).  Get me back to that level and we can start to talk about legacy, loyalty, and respect.  Also, as far as where we are today, the last time I checked, we lost back to back years in the second round of the tourney... no reason to celebrate in my book.

No matter how much I loved the crap Crean was selling me during his MU years, I don't support how he left the program... with his star pg finding out that he he left via ESPN... with no conversations to the AD or President of the University that he just resigned a multi-year extension with the year before... to his bullcrap story on how he always dreamed as a kid that he would one day coach IU after reading their media guide.  In my eyes, it's MU first no matter what!

Then again, this thread isn't about Crean... it's about Wade wearing the jersey shorts of a program that is not his home State, did not recruit him, and most importantly, he did not play for!  This is a thread on Wade selling out... I call bull sh*t on him... if he want's to wear IU gear, I say we MU fans who are his longest and most loyal fans should boycott his crap.

It's a pair of shorts, dude. I understand that it sucks to see it on TV... but again, it's a pair of shorts.

Boycott? C'mon.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2009, 11:19:38 AM »
Disappointing. You would never see Jordan in anything but UNC clothing. If DW goes to the IU Basketball camp or does anything where he specifically advocates IU he is dead to me.

When did Dean Smith burn UNC? Did he coach anywhere else after leaving UNC? Doesn't he still have a huge affiliation with the program at Chapel Hill? It's a horrible comparison. Personally, it didn't bother me much. I don't see anything wrong with a player showing support for his former coach. After all they DO happen to be "comrades".

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2009, 11:36:38 AM »

I attended the Rich Falk (former Northwestern basketball coach) Camp as a youngster and Isaiah Thomas was in attendance.

Buzz4Prez

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2009, 05:33:35 PM »
First of all chief, I am one of Crean's biggest supporters for what he did while he was at MU... I fully appreciate what he did for the MU basketball program. He took us back to a level just above where we were at in the mid 90's under Kevin O'Neil (sweet 16) but you are probably too young to remember that.  Additionally, let's not forget the program that Al ran in the 70's (national championship).  Get me back to that level and we can start to talk about legacy, loyalty, and respect.  Also, as far as where we are today, the last time I checked, we lost back to back years in the second round of the tourney... no reason to celebrate in my book.

No matter how much I loved the crap Crean was selling me during his MU years, I don't support how he left the program... with his star pg finding out that he he left via ESPN... with no conversations to the AD or President of the University that he just resigned a multi-year extension with the year before... to his bullcrap story on how he always dreamed as a kid that he would one day coach IU after reading their media guide.  In my eyes, it's MU first no matter what!

Then again, this thread isn't about Crean... it's about Wade wearing the jersey shorts of a program that is not his home State, did not recruit him, and most importantly, he did not play for!  This is a thread on Wade selling out... I call bull sh*t on him... if he want's to wear IU gear, I say we MU fans who are his longest and most loyal fans should boycott his crap.

Ha, its hard to argue with stupidity. To young to remember Al? Ha check yourself sir, I am plenty old enough to remember Al and everything he has done for this university, I am also old enough to remember that we were not anywhere near that level of success since he left. That is why I am thankful for Tom Crean, yes he left in a flurry over night, however what he did in the 9 years is really only 2nd to Al in terms of coaching basketball at MU. If you are going to compare every coaches success to Al then you will be very upset with every coach that comes through that door for the rest of your life. Al was a once in a lifetime guy, ask anyone who knows him.

By the way... sounds like real loyal fans if anyone is actually willing to boycott him with you. Are you nuts?!? Boycott our most famous Alumni right now?!?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2009, 12:05:46 AM »
I think we are overlooking the funniest part that a headline story on famed, historic, legendary, top-teir Indiana's official website is "Dwyane Wade wears IU Shorts".

Marquette Mama

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2009, 05:18:23 AM »
I think we are overlooking the funniest part that a headline story on famed, historic, legendary, top-teir Indiana's official website is "Dwyane Wade wears IU Shorts".

Exactly!

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2009, 08:01:39 AM »
I'm waiting for the next headlines on the Indiana Athletics website: "Dwyane Wade Passes Gas Through Fibers of IU Shorts" and "Dwyane Wade Lowers IU Shorts to Take Dump".
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

leftcoast warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2009, 07:00:23 PM »
I would say that most college players identify more with the coach than the institution which is why it typically takes them so long to decide on a coach to play for....the institution comes second to the coach.

Still hate to see DWade in anything other than MU colors but it is understandable that he is close with Crean and would be willing to help a struggling friend...even if it is cheap and tasteless....like crean...ha

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2009, 08:15:27 PM »
I'm waiting for the next headlines on the Indiana Athletics website: "Dwyane Wade Passes Gas Through Fibers of IU Shorts" and "Dwyane Wade Lowers IU Shorts to Take Dump".

LOL! :)
SS Marquette

MUF22

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Dwyane Wade Promotes IU Basketball
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2009, 01:45:03 PM »
Old