collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2024?  (Read 97778 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: What are you watching in 2024?
« Reply #1450 on: Today at 12:55:21 AM »
Finished Fallout. As a huge fan of the games, I was impressed. They NAILED the look. So many details were perfect in recreating the scenery, costumes, and props from the game. Couldn't believe how many easter eggs they worked in. We got to see a frickin Junk Jet in action! The tone of the show was also on point, absurdity with grave undertones. I wasn't sure about having an original story instead of following one of the games but I like the direction that they went. I'm excited to see where they go from here.

Wife and I tried to watch this together. Like TLoU, I played the video games and she didn't. Unlike TLoU, there is a universe established over decades that this game operates in, and she felt the learning curve was too steep.

As a fan of the game, I was surprised how little context they gave and how they just threw non-fans into the deep end. I kept waiting for some explainers on things like The Brotherhood of Steel, the Enclave, the Invasion of Alaska, why everything looks like the 1950s had a baby with Lost in Space, etc. They never came. My wife never played the games and she said she had no trouble following along and enjoyed it but I wonder how much of that is because she's heard me talking about the games before.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2024?
« Reply #1451 on: Today at 09:24:52 AM »
Didn't even know Fallout was based on a video game until my son told me, and the details you mentioned that were left out appear to have not really mattered to the overall story arc.

It was no The Last of Us, but my wife and I enjoyed it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson