'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Another Hunt Article  (Read 8183 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Another Hunt Article
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 11:39:16 PM »
.....said the least impartial human on subjects great and small I have ever encountered.

I didn't realize I was a reporter or part of the independent press....you know, the subject we were talking about.  

Carry on and put me on ignore, I think it would save you a lot of mental anguish.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2014, 11:45:58 PM »
I didn't realize I was a reporter or part of the independent press....you know, the subject we were talking about.  

Carry on and put me on ignore, I think it would save you a lot of mental anguish.

Lots you don't realize - and the idea that someone like you could cause me mental anguish is over the top laughable.

brandx

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2014, 11:48:59 PM »
Lots you don't realize - and the idea that someone like you could cause me mental anguish is over the top laughable.

Anger Management??

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2014, 11:55:55 PM »
You see what Fox News does too, huh ;D

"Of course reporters are liberal"
-Walter Cronkite

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2014, 12:47:05 AM »
I won't comment on the content, because I don't know what is true and what isn't. All I know is that was a terribly written piece. I could have done better as an underclassmen...in high school.

Unless Buzz just flat out hates working at Marquette (99% sure he doesn't), there is no logical reason that USF is even considered.

Nothing to see here.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2014, 01:30:11 AM »
Touche. To reinforce your point, I didn't even bother clicking on the link as I find little value in what the man writes. But that is not to say he doesn't have better access than anyone here.

If you listen to Homer's radio show and then read Hunt's articles you quickly realize that Hunt has ZERO access to Buzz.  He merely quotes what Buzz says on the Radio or in the post game interview... with Homer.

I think we can safely assume that there's no difference in the off season.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Class71

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 04:48:02 AM »
I am getting to the point where I believe we will survive whether or not the article is true. That is why I think articles such as these are just garbage. We have no control over what people wish to do, stay or go. If Buzz likes MU by all means stay he has many positive qualities. But if he does not like it here then move on. We do not need a dissatisfied coach. I find it hard to believe MU is a bad place to work. I can believe at the top coaching is very difficult by nature but moving will not solve that.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 07:30:18 AM »
-Walter Cronkite
any you said my posts were lazy...lmao

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 09:22:18 AM »
Back on topic from the political squabble, Hunt writes that he wouldn't be surprised if the South Florida job "intrigued" Buzz. Normally, a writer would add two or three nuggets after that as to why the job would be intriguing. Hunt didn't write anything.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2014, 12:12:47 PM »
I won't comment on the content, because I don't know what is true and what isn't. All I know is that was a terribly written piece. I could have done better as an underclassmen...in high school.

Unless Buzz just flat out hates working at Marquette (99% sure he doesn't), there is no logical reason that USF is even considered.

Nothing to see here.

How can you say that?
But if Williams is looing for a change after a 17-15 season

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2014, 06:45:36 PM »
Buzz isn't going anywhere because he's way too excited about coaching "Chris" Taylor next year.

I wish there was another newspaper interested in hiring away Mike Hunt.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2014, 06:58:24 PM »
I find it hard to believe MU is a bad place to work.

Not a bad place to work, just really cold.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2014, 07:37:04 PM »
-Walter Cronkite

Can we have a link to that quote. I have a sneaking suspicion Cronkite never said that. But he did say:

“I think being a liberal, in the true sense, is being nondoctrinaire, nondogmatic, non-committed to a cause - but examining each case on its merits. Being left of center is another thing; it's a political position."

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2014, 08:52:36 PM »
"I don't see Auburn as a good fit for Williams because of the low profile of Auburn basketball. It is also a place where coaching careers go to die. But the guy does enjoy a challenge."

Thanks, A-hole. Guy has such a good pulse on Buzz and the program. Knew Otule was getting a 6th season only 2 months after it happened.  ::)

feedback