[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If Nate Oats calls, what do you say?  (Read 15484 times)

WindyCityGoldenEagle

• Scholarship Player
Re: If Nate Oats calls, what do you say?
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2019, 09:54:49 PM »
I get that guru. And if wojo and marq ever parted ways I’d want marq to knock on high major coaching doors. I’m not necessarily saying I’d for sure want oats or otzelberger. I’m just saying as a marq fan I feel like my emotional pendulum has swung me too far to the side of wanting a long term guy that I overvalue local connections stupidly thinking that means (assuming success) they’d want to stay at marq a long time. Just a fault of mine that I wanted to disclose 😀
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 09:56:45 PM by WindyCityGoldenEagle »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2019, 07:37:55 AM »
If Nate Oates callled....

Congratulations on your new gig at Alabama. Make sure you get out of town once and awhile as that big football in town casts a huge shadow... almost Ike an eclipse. You need a title bit of sunshine!

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2019, 07:52:42 AM »
<chuckles at people who legitimately thought Wojo would be fired and MU would hire Oats>

leever

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2019, 09:13:46 AM »
Hi Nate.  How are you?

Why did you sign a 5 year extension with Buffalo only to move on to ALABAMA after flaming out in the 2nd round?  You do know that they play football in Alabama, right?

You remember Buffalo.  They gave you a shot even though you had zero head coaching experience at any college.  Oh well, money talks.

Do you not read Scoop?  The Marquette job would have been available in a few days.

Character revealed?

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2019, 09:43:28 AM »
Hi Nate.  How are you?

Why did you sign a 5 year extension with Buffalo only to move on to ALABAMA after flaming out in the 2nd round?  You do know that they play football in Alabama, right?

You remember Buffalo.  They gave you a shot even though you had zero head coaching experience at any college.  Oh well, money talks.

Do you not read Scoop?  The Marquette job would have been available in a few days.

Character revealed?

I too get mad at people when they take new jobs with better pay and better benefits.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2019, 12:38:18 PM »
Hi Nate.  How are you?

Character revealed?

Hi Nate,

I know we had a great season and, as a mid-major, you are expected to be courted and hired at a higher paying, higher profile job. As a kind gesture to the school for the good times we had, could you please sign this "extension" which will essentially just increase the buyout your next school will undoubtedly pay on your behalf so we get something out this deal?

-Mark Alnutt, Buffalo Athletic Director

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2019, 06:39:36 PM »
I too get mad at people when they take new jobs with better pay and better benefits.

Follow the Money.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust