[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: You want Motivation Marquette players and Buzz?  (Read 9420 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: You want Motivation Marquette players and Buzz?
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2012, 12:45:15 AM »
Florida is 0-2 against the Big East. At that rate they will never win a game against a Big East team ever again.

Marquette is 1-2 against the SEC. Last I checked, .3333333 > 0

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2012, 12:47:09 AM »
  Vander Blue cannot make a layup.  Seriously, I have never seen a guy shoot layups like him as a guard and it gives off a long rebound because it is such a brick. 

I vehemently disagree with all of your criticisms about MU except for this one

Albert Gator

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2012, 12:07:29 PM »
Florida is 0-2 against the Big East. At that rate they will never win a game against a Big East team ever again.

Marquette is 1-2 against the SEC. Last I checked, .3333333 > 0

We lost to your best team by 4 points in the Carrier Dome.  You lost to that same team in the Carrier Dome by 7 points and trailed by 20 at one point.

Keep underestimating us and our conference.  I love it.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2012, 12:29:56 PM »
We lost to your best team by 4 points in the Carrier Dome.  You lost to that same team in the Carrier Dome by 7 points and trailed by 20 at one point.

Who does Vegas say will win?  Just curious...
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

classof70

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2012, 12:31:48 PM »
From Gator:  "It is true we live by the three and die by the three.  If we are shooting well, we will win.  If we are not shooting well, we likely lose."  

I agree,  this will be the key.  I always worry when MU plays a good 3 point shooting team.  And, give the guy a break, he's posts are at least thoughtful and thought-provoking.  Some of the MU responses, sound like Tea Party members.  Civil discourse is good.  

Albert Gator

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2012, 12:35:40 PM »
Who does Vegas say will win?  Just curious...

You are naive to think Vegas picks winners.  They pick lines to drive betting.  That is all they do. 

Ken Pomeroy's site predicts Florida will beat Marquette despite Florida ranked below Marquette.  76-75 prediction.  I'll say 78 to 70 Gators

Albert Gator

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2012, 12:37:11 PM »
From Gator:  "It is true we live by the three and die by the three.  If we are shooting well, we will win.  If we are not shooting well, we likely lose."  

I agree,  this will be the key.  I always worry when MU plays a good 3 point shooting team.  And, give the guy a break, he's posts are at least thoughtful and thought-provoking.  Some of the MU responses, sound like Tea Party members.  Civil discourse is good.  

I would say they sound more like liberal clap trap responses.  Some of the most uncivil people out there are liberals hiding behind a mask of tolerance.  Hypocrites.

Civil discourse is good.  Should be a great game.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2012, 12:53:59 PM »

Comparative scores are useless barometers - both ways.  Games played in November and December are even more useless to use to determine who has the advantage.  MU is a much different team than they were in December.  I suspect Florida is as well.

I think MU has many advantages over Florida.  Conversely, there are many things about Florida that concern me.  In the end, I believe MU will win.  But frankly, Florida concerns me. 

As Buzz said yesterday, seeds are useless in the Sweet 16.  Both teams deserved to be there and IMHO, the loser will be better than some of the teams that will left standing.

This will be a fun game.

Albert Gator

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2012, 01:20:56 PM »
Comparative scores are useless barometers - both ways.  Games played in November and December are even more useless to use to determine who has the advantage.  MU is a much different team than they were in December.  I suspect Florida is as well.

I think MU has many advantages over Florida.  Conversely, there are many things about Florida that concern me.  In the end, I believe MU will win.  But frankly, Florida concerns me. 

As Buzz said yesterday, seeds are useless in the Sweet 16.  Both teams deserved to be there and IMHO, the loser will be better than some of the teams that will left standing.

This will be a fun game.

On this we can agree.  Should be a fun game.

I am going to brush my one tooth right now, breathe through my mouth while doing it and hope that aliens don't abduct me.   ;D   Best of luck guys.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2012, 01:21:31 PM »

Amen. I certainly don't want to be judged by the December Debacle that was the Vanderbilt game. I'm sure they have games they'd forget too!

As I've said several times already, "That's onnnnneeee MMMMEEEEEAAAANNNNN Gator we gotta get by!"

He's got sharp teeth and he's hungry, just like we are!