'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: FS1 Mobile App or online streaming  (Read 11948 times)

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
FS1 Mobile App or online streaming
« on: October 09, 2013, 05:56:52 PM »
I believe they promised that online streaming and/or a mobile app would be available for FS1 at roll out in August.  Then on the first day or broadcasting they mentioned that the app isn't ready yet.  Does anyone know if this will be ready by the time the season starts?

kryza

• Team Captain
Re: FS1 Mobile App or online streaming
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 07:08:54 PM »
It was actually quietly just released on iOS. However, my cable provider (RCN) is not on there nor either is Time Warner. Hopefully that changes with time...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:22:14 PM by kryza »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 07:12:58 PM »
I believe they promised that online streaming and/or a mobile app would be available for FS1 at roll out in August.  Then on the first day or broadcasting they mentioned that the app isn't ready yet.  Does anyone know if this will be ready by the time the season starts?

It launched a few weeks ago.  Right now, only one major provider (Xfinity) is authenticated, meaning their customers can get content.  Uverse is as well, but they are much smaller and regional.  Suddenlink, WOW, Optimum and Mid Contintent are the others.

Of the top 5 television providers, only Xfinity (Comcast) is on the list.  Of the top 10, only Xfinity and Uverse. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 07:21:13 PM »
It was actually quietly released yesterday on iOS. However, my cable provider (RCN) is not on there nor either is Time Warner. Hopefully that changes with time...

For iOS, Sept 28th released v1.  October 1st v1.0.1   I think you may be waiting for others to be added.  Remember, almost no one has a deal with Fox as Fox had to get the programming on and they caved to the television providers at the last second or risk launching to crickets.  So this is a chit for them to play in the continued negotiations.  Or so I would speculate if I were an outsider.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/page/FOX-Sports-Mobile

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:50:09 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 07:25:35 PM »
so who feels like donating their comcast account info for all of us to "borrow"??

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 07:41:04 PM »
so who feels like donating their comcast account info for all of us to "borrow"??

I would pretty much guarantee they will have a concurrent stream governor built in that limits it to two or maybe three active devices at one time.  That's the typical standard to avoid piracy, etc.

downtown85

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 05:01:07 AM »
Thanks all.  Got IOS and got WOW.  I'm in luck. 

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 09:42:20 AM »
Any idea if this service is going to require a cable subscription from those providers?  Do you think that there may be an FS1 Mobile App subscription service (ala Netflix) offered?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 09:46:44 AM »
Any idea if this service is going to require a cable subscription from those providers?  Do you think that there may be an FS1 Mobile App subscription service (ala Netflix) offered?

Most definitely 100% there will not be an a la carte offering.  Or they will watch their television channels be dropped in nanoseconds.

So yes, you need to be authenticated to your pay television service source.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 10:02:15 AM »
Most definitely 100% there will not be an a la carte offering.  Or they will watch their television channels be dropped in nanoseconds.

So yes, you need to be authenticated to your pay television service source.

Yo get the big wigs @ DirecTV on this.

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 10:28:01 AM »
I have UVerse and an iPad. I have to do some travel to Germany for most of November. Think this will work to allow me to watch the games?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 10:33:58 AM »
Yo get the big wigs @ DirecTV on this.

There's a reason why 8 of the top 10 don't have it.  I don't see it changing soon unless there is movement on their side on $$

TT13

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 11:56:12 AM »
Big Saturday ratings wise this week for FS1 as Oregon @ Washington is their biggest game to date on the new channel.

downtown85

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 01:19:59 PM »
I have UVerse and an iPad. I have to do some travel to Germany for most of November. Think this will work to allow me to watch the games?

It should work.  Like I said.  I have WOW and an IPAD mini.  I am in Europe now and it is working for me right now.  You just need to have a Uverse login and password.   Set it up before you come over.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 05:30:56 PM »
Big Saturday ratings wise this week for FS1 as Oregon @ Washington is their biggest game to date on the new channel.

Anecdotally, I met earlier this week with the manager of the Marquette bar in Denver (Stoney's Tavern) about the upcoming season.  He said that since FS1 has launched, they've had lots of interest in playing different content, especially college football.  He was really impressed that MU (and Big East) would be televised in pretty much every game this season.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 12:07:52 PM »
I have UVerse and downloaded the ipad app last night after I read this thread.  Worked great.  Pretty simple.  Obviously it's not as extensive as ESPN3 because they don't have nearly as much programming, but that made it less cumbersome to use.  On the left margin of the screen, they've got the "now playing" for FS1 and FS2 and the coming schedule.  Just tap the one you want to watch and it comes on.  It worked pretty well, the picture quality was usually pretty good, and there wasn't much buffering going on.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 02:09:23 PM »
It should work.  Like I said.  I have WOW and an IPAD mini.  I am in Europe now and it is working for me right now.  You just need to have a Uverse login and password.   Set it up before you come over.

Awesome, glad to get a first hand account that it is working in Europe from someone.

I'd love to be able to watch it at a bar or something, but I'm sure that is going to be impossible over there...

feedback