[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Stone interview - mentions Badgers and Tar Heels  (Read 11923 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Stone interview - mentions Badgers and Tar Heels
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2013, 01:10:46 PM »
Looney's Dad is a big fan of Bo Ryan from I have read from another poster on here. Bo worked Looney hard and who knows he might just land him.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 01:13:22 PM »
Looney's Dad is a big fan of Bo Ryan from I have read from another poster on here. Bo worked Looney hard and who knows he might just land him.

I'd put any friendly wager you want on that not happening. Looney has been committed to leaving the state for a long, long time.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 01:14:47 PM »
brewcity

I agree that UW likely will not land Looney. Just saying it sounds like the family has a very friendly relationship with Ryan.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 02:16:23 PM »
brewcity

I agree that UW likely will not land Looney. Just saying it sounds like the family has a very friendly relationship with Ryan.

Looney is going to Duke. Stone to Kentucky. Mark it down.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 03:12:31 PM »

I would rather have them stay in state then go to NC or Duke.  Tokoto last year found out how easy it is to play at NC, it will not get any easier there with Top 20 type kids
he brings in.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2013, 03:42:12 PM »
I think if Looney goes to UW Stone will follow. I rather have them go anywhere else.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2013, 03:45:41 PM »
Can we just get 4Never to hook Stone up with 1 of those blue and gold grillz and get the inside scoop?

Then again, that didn't go so well with Looney so maybe he's better off out of the picture.  Shocking.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2013, 04:02:14 PM »
Stone to Kentucky. Mark it down.

Could be, but of the Top 20 players of that class, Cal is in on five of the top centers including Stone...three of these are ranked higher than Stone. He is also in on a PF (#12).  Cal would take Zimmerman over Stone in a heartbeat...would Stone be fine with a Cousins role? 

I also find it interesting that Cal and Izzo went to check Cohen out, Stone's AAU teammate, right before he committed to MU. Interest on their behalf or looking for an angle to Diamond? My guess is this one isn't over yet.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2013, 04:04:10 PM »
I think if Looney goes to UW Stone will follow. I rather have them go anywhere else.
I do not agree. I would rather have them go to MU, than anywhere else. If both went to UW, it would create Hiroshima/Nagasaki/Pearl Harbor/9-11 on this board, and then there would be big time comparisons to Buzz-Bo recruiting abilities.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 04:06:51 PM »
Tweeted at the guy who did the interview. He said he did not ask about Marquette, and thats why Diamond said nothing. He said he belives Marquette has a Great chance of landing him, so dont get too down guys!
That helps a little. Hope is always good, unless you are hoping that taxes go up.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2013, 04:15:35 PM »
I do not agree. I would rather have them go to MU, than anywhere else. If both went to UW, it would create Hiroshima/Nagasaki/Pearl Harbor/9-11 on this board, and then there would be big time comparisons to Buzz-Bo recruiting abilities.
I am not sure what you are not agreeing with, but to make it clear I rather have them go anywhere else besides UW. as far asi I am concerned MU would be great and UW would be terrible.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2013, 05:58:11 PM »
That helps a little. Hope is always good, unless you are hoping that taxes go up.

Wow. Can't believe how many guys get worked up over a couple of high schoolers. No one—I repeat—no one is a "must get." No such thing. Will MU crumble when Looney and Stone go somewhere else? Hardly. And what if they go to...shudder...UW??? UW will still be boring to watch and struggle to score 60 points a game. That's just who they are, and Ryan ain't changing a thing at this stage. They'll continue to pass the ball 20 times before shooting in an attempt to frustrate and put their opponent to sleep.

They wanna go to UW??? Good luck with that.

boyonthedock

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2013, 06:09:01 PM »
I'm just curious as to how Buzz recruits on style. His teams play different from year to year. Last year, for instance, our teams basically pretended 3s didn't exist, on offense and defense. BUt Coobie and Acker and Lazar made it rain all season,  and we've been better at running guys off the line in the past as well. He tailors his teams style to his players ability, and the feeds Davante gets would likely be there for Stone as well. We've been fast, we've been slow, tall and short. shooters and drivers, all in different years. I like that versatility as a coaching asset, but do recruits prefer a "brand," a la Louisville's press, Orange 2-3, JTIII's Princeton sets, Bo's Boringball, etc.?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2013, 06:18:08 PM »
I'm just curious as to how Buzz recruits on style. His teams play different from year to year. Last year, for instance, our teams basically pretended 3s didn't exist, on offense and defense. BUt Coobie and Acker and Lazar made it rain all season,  and we've been better at running guys off the line in the past as well. He tailors his teams style to his players ability, and the feeds Davante gets would likely be there for Stone as well. We've been fast, we've been slow, tall and short. shooters and drivers, all in different years. I like that versatility as a coaching asset, but do recruits prefer a "brand," a la Louisville's press, Orange 2-3, JTIII's Princeton sets, Bo's Boringball, etc.?

Buzz's 'style' has been what he promised at his introductory press conference.....winning basketball.    He has shown he can win big, small, 3pt bombing, 3pt ignoring, without a great center, without a great point guard, without great 3pt defense....   Buzz has shown himself to be a basketball savant who can win any which way but loose.    Now, he can point to the players he has developed, his tourney success, ....winning basketball.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2013, 07:55:43 PM »
Sounds like hes getting good advice, losing weight and getting strong. Not a lot of hype to him.I think he stays
in the Midwest somewhere.I just hope he gives us a chance because MU is on the rise and he could be a big part of it.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2013, 09:42:39 PM »

Players ranked that high only have one goal in mind and which college get them the exposure.  NBA

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2013, 09:47:10 PM »
Can we just get 4Never to hook Stone up with 1 of those blue and gold grillz and get the inside scoop?

Then again, that didn't go so well with Looney so maybe he's better off out of the picture.  Shocking.

Let the record reflect that I've known the Looney's since Kevon was about 9 years old.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2013, 09:50:28 PM »
Let the record reflect that I've known the Looney's since Kevon was about 9 years old.

Uh huh
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2013, 09:53:36 PM »

And Michelle Knight knew Ariel Castro for 11.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2013, 09:55:40 PM »
A search of my prior postings on his recruitment will verify, as far back as 2 years ago, that it was very unlikely that Kevon would stay in town for his college basketball. That was based on separate conversations with him and Mrs. Looney.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2013, 10:38:51 PM »
A search of my prior postings on his recruitment will verify, as far back as 2 years ago, that it was very unlikely that Kevon would stay in town for his college basketball. That was based on separate conversations with him and Mrs. Looney.

Had to get away from your ol' ass and find a real doctor of teefe.