[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Stone interview - mentions Badgers and Tar Heels  (Read 11924 times)

Tums Festival

• All American
Stone interview - mentions Badgers and Tar Heels
« on: July 31, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »
In an interview with 247sports.com, Diamond Stone makes no mention of Marquette, only Becky and UNC. Fortunately, there's still a long way to go in his recruiting.

http://247sports.com/Article/2015-Top-Ten-prospect-Diamond-Stone-talks-recruiting-141175
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

MUCrew

• All American
Re: Stone interview - mentions Badgers and Tar Heels
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 06:30:45 PM »
Smoke and mirrors.  Writer probably picked 2 schools and was like, "What do you think of school 1? What do you think of school 2?"  I still see his recruitment as up in the air. 

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »
Smoke and mirrors.  Writer probably picked 2 schools and was like, "What do you think of school 1? What do you think of school 2?"  I still see his recruitment as up in the air. 

Dream on. He knows exactly where he's going. He just haven't let us know yet.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 07:38:39 PM »
Dream on. He knows exactly where he's going. He just haven't let us know yet.

Funny thing is it's neither of the schools he mentioned.  So it's not like his comments were telling.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 09:28:45 PM »
Buzz to Madison and Chapel Hill.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 09:43:23 PM »
Funny thing is it's neither of the schools he mentioned.  So it's not like his comments were telling.

Care to clue us in?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 09:52:15 PM »
UW has really nice coaches.  Time to move on.  ;)

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 10:58:36 PM »
Kentucky.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 11:01:19 PM »
Not looking good for the hometown team.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 01:32:39 AM »
Phine whatevs JUCO 4/5 and a 5th year transfer. Perfect. IF we don't get stone.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 08:12:58 AM »

Agreed with this, especially reading how Stone answered. The questions were "What do you think of Wisconsin?" and "What about the UNC offer?". You can tell by Stone's phrasing that he was responding, not volunteering.

Regardless, we'll get him or we won't, but anyone who has followed Buzz as a recruiter should realize we are still in this. When Buzz is out, he stops following them early. Looney said in March that he hadn't heard from Marquette in awhile and with Tokoto it was the same, with Marquette not wasting time and resources on a kid obviously going elsewhere. That Buzz is still watching and recruiting Stone speaks volumes.

Bo seems to find value in pursuing the unobtainable. He stayed on Tokoto to the bitter end when all the world (outside UW fans) knew it was UNC and is doing the same with Looney despite it being fairly common knowledge for the past year that he wants to go out of state, most likely to Duke. Maybe Bo is hoping to get lucky or wants the fanbase to keep believing they have a shot at these kids and that not picking Madison is a failing on the part of the kids and not the UW coaching staff.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 08:20:54 AM »
Bo seems to find value in pursuing the unobtain't I dimble. He stayed on Tokoto to the bitter end when all the world (outside UW fans) knew it was UNC and is doing the same with Looney despite it being fairly common knowledge for the past year that he wants to go out of state, most likely to Duke. Maybe Bo is hoping to get lucky or wants the fanbase to keep believing they have a shot at these kids and that not picking Madison is a failing on the part of the kids and not the UW coaching staff.

Best auto-correct ever.

Anyway, if you read the Badger boards, that is one of their excuses as to why they didn't recruit Cohen.  They have an outstanding offer to Looney and there is no reason for them to make any other offers until Looney says no.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 08:36:10 AM »
In the article he basically said he is not concerned right now about recruiting. He is letting his family and coaches handle it for now. Until he gets seriously involved nobody really knows what his lean will be. I did get the impression that his father likes Bo, but assuming Stone is his own man that might not matter much in the end. A big factor will be how much Wilson enjoys his first year at MU. A good year for Wilson will not necessarily bring Stone here, but if Wilson sours on MU there is no way Stone is coming.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 08:40:04 AM »
In the article he basically said he is not concerned right now about recruiting. He is letting his family and coaches handle it for now. Until he gets seriously involved nobody really knows what his lean will be. I did get the impression that his father likes Bo, but assuming Stone is his own man that might not matter much in the end. A big factor will be how much Wilson enjoys his first year at MU. A good year for Wilson will not necessarily bring Stone here, but if Wilson sours on MU there is no way Stone is coming.

Bold is false - will have zero impact either way. Also, Diamond's Dad will have a huge impact on his recruiting.
But I like to throw handfuls...

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 08:43:05 AM »

Best auto-correct ever.

What's even better is it suggested another autocorrect when I finished the word and I X'd it out. Why it autocorrected a second time is beyond me lol.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 08:43:32 AM »
Bold is false - will have zero impact either way. Also, Diamond's Dad will have a huge impact on his recruiting.
You could be right, but Wilson has been a major encourager to other recruits such as JJJ to come to MU. I rather have him a s a cheerleader versus saying he does not like MU.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 09:23:37 AM »

Is this the Georgetown theory?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 09:44:39 AM »
What's even better is it suggested another autocorrect when I finished the word and I X'd it out. Why it autocorrected a second time is beyond me lol.

Apropos of nothing, brew, you might want to change the little tagline you throw at the end of your posts. You've been so right these last couple years, why remind everybody of your guarantee that Vander would get drafted?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GoldenBoy16

• Walk-On
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 09:56:14 AM »
Tweeted at the guy who did the interview. He said he did not ask about Marquette, and thats why Diamond said nothing. He said he belives Marquette has a Great chance of landing him, so dont get too down guys!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 10:17:25 AM »
Apropos of nothing, brew, you might want to change the little tagline you throw at the end of your posts. You've been so right these last couple years, why remind everybody of your guarantee that Vander would get drafted?

Integrity.  When he was right, he kept it up, when he's wrong he's keeping it up until the next prediction, as well.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GoldenBoy16

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 10:25:42 AM »
he wants good coaches and good chemistry? Look at Trent leaving this year after one year, he was very emotional because the chemistry was a family like atmosphere. Buzz is a great coach too, so I could definitely see Diamond going to Marquette.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 12:17:40 PM »

I can't find the thread/comment right now (actually I didn't look), but didn't someone say that his dad didn't think Buzz was genuine (ie, rubbed him the wrong way)?  I know I read this a while back, just can't remember which recruit it was.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 12:19:57 PM »
I can't find the thread/comment right now (actually I didn't look), but didn't someone say that his dad didn't think Buzz was genuine (ie, rubbed him the wrong way)?  I know I read this a while back, just can't remember which recruit it was.

I can't remember the player, but I thought it was Looney.  I do remember that it came from the Badger board however.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 12:55:10 PM »

Someone on the Badger board said it. It was never substantiated. Typical Buckyville crap.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 12:59:14 PM »

Re. Stone's Dad this would also be false.
But I like to throw handfuls...

feedback