[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: It Took Until About Day 821,,,  (Read 11922 times)

MUSF

• All American
Re: It Took Until About Day 821,,,
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2010, 10:05:45 AM »

So you don't have an issue with oversigning if all parties know what they are getting into?  And how do you know that the Newbill's side didn't know what they were getting into?  Here - I'll answer why:  Because you are choosing to believe the Newbill's side of the story, rather than Buzz's and MU's.  

WOW! 

Do you even read my posts?

I don't pretend to know what transpired between Buzz and DJ and I have never stated otherwise.  What I do know is the DJ believes, wrongly perhaps, that Buzz did not make it clear that he was looking to replace him.  So, as I said, I don't have a problem with the practice of over-signing if everyone involved knows the deal.  Since DJ is claiming that he didn't know this was going on, I think that Buzz and MU should get together and figure out how to communicate their position to guys like DJ so they don't bash the program after they are asked to leave.  If that still doesn't fix the issue and this happens again, then it may be time for MU to abandon the practice all together.

This is my last attempt to explain this to you.  If you want to believe that my words above suggest some hidden anti-Buzz agenda, then go right ahead.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2010, 10:14:31 AM »
WOW! 

Do you even read my posts?

I don't pretend to know what transpired between Buzz and DJ and I have never stated otherwise.  What I do know is the DJ believes, wrongly perhaps, that Buzz did not make it clear that he was looking to replace him.  So, as I said, I don't have a problem with the practice of over-signing if everyone involved knows the deal.  Since DJ is claiming that he didn't know this was going on, I think that Buzz and MU should get together and figure out how to communicate their position to guys like DJ so they don't bash the program after they are asked to leave.  If that still doesn't fix the issue and this happens again, then it may be time for MU to abandon the practice all together.

This is my last attempt to explain this to you.  If you want to believe that my words above suggest some hidden anti-Buzz agenda, then go right ahead.
As I mentioned I have read about your last 35 posts which all belabor the same point.  And notice the bolded words above - they all indicate you are speculating...and my problem is that based on your SPECULATION, you continue to indict Buzz's character.  You've just acknowledged you "don't pretend to know what transpired between Buzz and DJ," so why choose to speculate that Buzz was in the wrong on UNO, Maymon, Roseboro, and Newbill?
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2010, 10:18:16 AM »
so why choose to speculate that Buzz was in the wrong on UNO, Maymon, Roseboro, and Newbill?

I didn't.

Shades of grey dude.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2010, 10:25:21 AM »
As I mentioned I have read about your last 35 posts which all belabor the same point.  And notice the bolded words above - they all indicate you are speculating...

Interesting, because when I search my most recent posts, at about number 13 or so I find posts about Rob Frozena's nickname.  I suggest baby's breath by the way, which is awesome.

Don't let the facts get in the way buddy.  Keep on truckin'.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2010, 10:40:09 AM »
Interesting, because when I search my most recent posts, at about number 13 or so I find posts about Rob Frozena's nickname.  I suggest baby's breath by the way, which is awesome.

Don't let the facts get in the way buddy.  Keep on truckin'.

Sorry for the oversight - let me clarify...in APPROXIMATELY 90% of your posts NOT pertaining to the nickname thead, you are belly aching over the "lack of effective communciation," by Buzz..and calling into question Buzz's character/credibility/modus operandi.  Yet you are excited about seeing Vander Blue in an MU uniform.  Hey guess what buddy - maybe Buzz did go after Maymon to help/increase our chances of landing Vander Blue.  I just don't get why you are all over Buzz - he's probably in the top 10-20% of character guys in NCAA D-1 Basketball, he's done a great job recruiting, done a great job coaching, great job developing the players within the MU program personally and basketball-wise.  We are LUCKY to have Buzz here...being a head coach at a high-major D-1 program (football or basketball), is a high-stakes, high-pressure, existence.  Buzz isn't perfect, but he's damn near the Top of the list when it comes to College basketball coaches under 40.  I get annoyed that some nitpick and want him to be the second coming of Jesus Christ..and when people jump to conclusions regarding situations they were not a part of.  Just give it a rest, and stop judging and expecting perfection from people and situations you weren't a part of.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2010, 10:50:48 AM »
Sorry for the oversight - let me clarify...in APPROXIMATELY 90% of your posts NOT pertaining to the nickname thead, you are belly aching over the "lack of effective communciation," by Buzz..and calling into question Buzz's character/credibility/modus operandi. 

No problem, we all make mistakes.  I'm not going to "crucify" you over it. ;)

I will stick with not explaining my points to you again because it is exauhsting and pointless.  However, I will defend myself against your innacurate conclusion.

Yes, I have questioned Buzz's ability to effectively communicate his intentions with some recruits.  This is accurate.

I have not questioned Buzz's character or credibility.

I did suggest that Buzz MAY need to change his MO in the future if recruits or those affiliated with them continue to cry foul.

I am excited to see this talented team on the court and I am hopeful that Buzz continues to bring MU success and pride.