collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Lonzo Ball  (Read 8800 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Lonzo Ball
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 05:41:09 AM »
i guess i thought only daddy was the one who had taken a few too many "head shots" during his illustrious athletic career but now it looks to be contagious and the apple tree is being fruitful.  the other 2?  oh you wait, the campaign has only begun.  daddy wants to cash in
don't...don't don't don't don't

reinko

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 08:19:50 AM »
now "zo" is better than markelle and on and on and...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2700493-lonzo-ball-says-hes-a-better-nba-draft-prospect-than-markelle-fultz

i mean, come on man!  really? and he's gonna be better than steph...and he's gonna be better than magic...seriously?  is this what it's come down to today?  ok, gotta love the passion, right? nope!  it's stupid.  just go out and show us!  anyone gonna bring all these quotes up if he DOESN'T live up to all this hype?  why create anymore pressure?  i know, just put lonzo and markelle and whoever else out there at half court and see who's "stream" is the furthest.  then, the winner has something to brag about heyn'a?

When you are a top 3 Draft NBA talent, I would hope he believes and even says he is better than the guys in front of them.  It's a big deal to be the #1 pick in the draft.

Everything I have read and seen from Lonzo, is he is a baller, no issues with his teammates, actually focuses on his team getting better, rather than putting 40 shots a game.  As I said earlier, ignore the dad, the kid can play at a high level.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 08:25:26 AM »
When you are a top 3 Draft NBA talent, I would hope he believes and even says he is better than the guys in front of them.  It's a big deal to be the #1 pick in the draft.

Everything I have read and seen from Lonzo, is he is a baller, no issues with his teammates, actually focuses on his team getting better, rather than putting 40 shots a game.  As I said earlier, ignore the dad, the kid can play at a high level.

NBA scouts left the UCLA vs. Kentucky game less than impressed with Ball.  And it had nothing to do with his basketball skills.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

reinko

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 09:05:47 AM »
NBA scouts left the UCLA vs. Kentucky game less than impressed with Ball.  And it had nothing to do with his basketball skills.

Cite?

Also, if a team is spooked off because his dad, they deserve to be continually in the lottery and in the basement of the league.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 09:56:28 AM »
Cite?

Also, if a team is spooked off because his dad, they deserve to be continually in the lottery and in the basement of the league.

While NBA teams want nothing to do with his dad, it had everything to do with Ball and nothing to do with his dad.

He'll still go top 5 so it doesn't really matter.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

reinko

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2017, 10:36:50 AM »
While NBA teams want nothing to do with his dad, it had everything to do with Ball and nothing to do with his dad.

He'll still go top 5 so it doesn't really matter.

I guess, I am just confused, in your quote above, it said it had everything to with Ball, and nothing to do with his dad.

But also, two posts down, you said it had nothing to do with his basketball skills.

Not trying to be an ass but just interested...in the article you read, it had nothing to do with basketball or his dad, but nonetheless came away unimpressed.  Character, effort, coaching issues?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 10:39:49 AM »
I guess, I am just confused, in your quote above, it said it had everything to with Ball, and nothing to do with his dad.

But also, two posts down, you said it had nothing to do with his basketball skills.

Not trying to be an ass but just interested...in the article you read, it had nothing to do with basketball or his dad, but nonetheless came away unimpressed.  Character, effort, coaching issues?

I know a couple of people that work/have worked in UCLA's athletics in some way.  They all say Lonzo is a pretty good kid, but the dad is as bad as advertised, if not worse, and nobody wants to touch him.

But in the UK vs. UCLA game and after, from what I heard scouts weren't impressed with his perceived lack of desire on the court and his comments after it.  They thought he looked fairly indifferent and like he just wanted to get on with the next step and be an NBA player.  They liked what they saw from the UK players more than what they saw from Ball in terms of on court mentality, effort, etc.

But talent wins out and Ball will almost certainly go higher than any of the UK guys.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2017, 10:53:21 AM »
I know a couple of people that work/have worked in UCLA's athletics in some way.  They all say Lonzo is a pretty good kid, but the dad is as bad as advertised, if not worse, and nobody wants to touch him.

But in the UK vs. UCLA game and after, from what I heard scouts weren't impressed with his perceived lack of desire on the court and his comments after it.  They thought he looked fairly indifferent and like he just wanted to get on with the next step and be an NBA player.  They liked what they saw from the UK players more than what they saw from Ball in terms of on court mentality, effort, etc.

But talent wins out and Ball will almost certainly go higher than any of the UK guys.

Gotcha, thanks for the info.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2017, 04:44:24 PM »
 i like the kid and picked ucla to go further into the tourney.  i wish the kid well, but-my opinion-i think he is being over-hyped.  if he played for "middle america" mid major or any other school out of the spotlight, he gets an atta boy and needs to work it a little more.  there are many other ballers that can do what he does, but they're not ucla or new yawk and they don't have a lavar.  yes, i know the nba can and will tell lavar to "f" off, but who needs or wants the headaches and the press/distractions that follow.  the show ain't gonna hand it to him.  either he swims or he...good luck lonzo

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2017, 09:19:52 PM »

Interesting.

I will say I really love watching the Fox kid from UK and I think he'll be an outstanding pro. I know ... this just in.

As an aside, the Giles kid from Duke went pro after averaging under 4 points per game as a freshman. So much for those who say this guy or that guy shouldn't go pro because "he's not ready." That has nothing to do with anything. Most of 'em aren't ready. Word is that Giles will still be a lottery pick. It's all about the potential they see.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2017, 10:32:51 PM »
Interesting.

I will say I really love watching the Fox kid from UK and I think he'll be an outstanding pro. I know ... this just in.

As an aside, the Giles kid from Duke went pro after averaging under 4 points per game as a freshman. So much for those who say this guy or that guy shouldn't go pro because "he's not ready." That has nothing to do with anything. Most of 'em aren't ready. Word is that Giles will still be a lottery pick. It's all about the potential they see.

I'm not 100% sold on Fox.  He's super thin and can't shoot a lick.  If he bulks up (not all that crazy of an idea given he's 19) and remakes his shot he will be outstanding.  If not he'll be a (hopefully healthy) bigger, better defending TJ Ford.  I actually think Giles has more upside than just about anybody in this draft.  Hopefully he can get and stay healthy.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Watch-LeBron-James-mocks-Lonzo-Balls-shooting-form-52067913

And LBJ is petty as heck.  A 3 time NBA champ, 4 time NBA MVP, and a guy who lists himself on his own Mount Rushmore of NBA players is getting worked up about a 19 year old college kid who's never stepped foot in an NBA game.  Classic.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2017, 10:41:58 PM »
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19097642/lavar-ball-casts-blame-ucla-bruins-white-guys

Apparently all his other actions were not crazy enough.  Wanted to up his game.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2017, 10:59:04 PM »
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19097642/lavar-ball-casts-blame-ucla-bruins-white-guys

Apparently all his other actions were not crazy enough.  Wanted to up his game.

Yeah. DeAaron Fox schooling his own son had nothing to do with it.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2017, 11:45:10 PM »
Yeah. DeAaron Fox schooling his own son had nothing to do with it.

That was just because of the Hamstring injury that no one knew about...and poor help defense from slow white guys. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2017, 07:50:53 AM »
Wearsda outrage four da old man's blatant racist remark? Kid'sa good playa. If I wuz a GM, woodant touch him wit a 10 ft. pole, hey?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 07:52:43 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2017, 08:01:25 AM »
That shot is not going to work in the NBA.  However his vision is pretty darn good.  Worth a high level pick IMO.

Why won't the shot work in the NBA at his height? If he were playing the 2 or 3 you'd have an issue because at 6'5" it could be blocked relatively easily. But he's going to be one, if not the tallest point guards in the NBA. The form looks bad, but it's quick and he shot 41% from 3 with it. He's the type of shooter you want in the NBA as a PG because he can distribute and drive very effectively so that if teams sag off he can hit the open 3.

Changing his form may do more harm than good at this point.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2017, 09:55:31 AM »
And LBJ is petty as heck.  A 3 time NBA champ, 4 time NBA MVP, and a guy who lists himself on his own Mount Rushmore of NBA players is getting worked up about a 19 year old college kid who's never stepped foot in an NBA game.  Classic.

You mean the thinnest skinned superstar of all time?  This is like Apple reacting to a small start up questioning their technology by buying multiple prime time ad slots slamming them.  Laugh at the original comment and let it go dude.  My god.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2017, 05:06:04 PM »
Wearsda outrage four da old man's blatant racist remark? Kid'sa good playa. If I wuz a GM, woodant touch him wit a 10 ft. pole, hey?

saw that-what what what?? i love steve, i love bryce, i love...why some of my best friends are...stevie a. has got to get outta there.  can you imagine having to put up with la'var for another decade?  it's no wonder he likes ucla and alford-who else would put up with him? looks like the kids are going to have to give daddy a "time-out" 

warriorchick

• All American
Have some patience, FFS.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2017, 05:18:23 PM »
I do feel bad for Lonzo, because he's mostly kept his mouth shut but those highlight videos we're still hilarious.

Also, if you dont think Lavar will have a negative effect on Lonzo think again. Just look at this Brice Johnson play.

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/883516323602366465

After he dunks on him he turns around and stares him down and says something, and that's from a second year player.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2017, 10:49:42 PM »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2017, 06:22:33 AM »
And he bounces back with a triple double.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2017, 09:33:34 PM »
lonzo out vs. de'arron round 1 due to groin injury.   say they'replay'in it safe...from what?  embarrassment?  i have a feeling this is going to be a long year for magic

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19956044/lonzo-ball-los-angeles-lakers-miss-matchup-vs-deaaron-fox-sacramento-kings-groin-injury

MU82

• All American
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2017, 10:50:51 PM »
And he bounces back with a triple double.

While wearing Nikes, not Big Ballers!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback