[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Snaer timetable/RedWebster  (Read 4863 times)

ATWizJr

• All American
Snaer timetable/RedWebster
« on: October 02, 2008, 08:29:15 AM »
Was looking for this thread and cannot seem to find it anywhere.  Has it been removed?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Snaer timetable/RedWebster
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 09:37:29 AM »
With the credit market crisis, there was a shortage of electrons. 

All FAIL threads were recycled.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 09:45:10 AM »
Don't know about that, but the question arose a couple of days ago concerning the origin of the screen name, "Red Webster." I haven't axed RW, nor do I even know who he is, but have always enjoyed reading his comments and agree with him a large portion of the time, maybe even all the time since he provides a real prospective on the subject, particularly for the younger MUScoopers who tend to get caught up in the hyperbole of Warrior's basketball and can't separate fact from fiction. Anyway, I believe his screen name refers to the dictionary, where there used to be both a red and a black version. I can assure you RW is not a Badger in disguise.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 10:48:12 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 10:23:16 AM »
Thanks 4ever.

I, also, have no idea who RW is, but I was a little surprised at the action taken. 

Hey, it's up to the mods and I very much appreciate the work they do in creating and maintaining this site for all of us to enjoy.   I just thought that a vacation seemed like overkill and then the thread just disappeared.  Guess I don't know how these things work.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 01:41:10 PM »
Hey, it's up to the mods
Agreed! :D

I very much appreciate the work they do in creating and maintaining this site for all of us to enjoy.
Thank you for saying so, and you're welcome :)

Guess I don't know how these things work.
It's ok, that's why we take care of it ;)  But in a nutshell:
A.) This site focuses on basketball and general MU community discussion/interaction.
B.) There is no MUScoop.com, Inc. that pays us to be full time moderators; as a result, we unfortunately have to work real jobs to provide for our families (and, oh by the way, pay for this site).  As such, sometimes we don't have time to make precision cuts and the broad side of the blade is more effective. So....
C.) If a majority of a thread doesn't contribute anything worthwhile to the purpose of the site (see point A) then we're not really interested in spending any time maintaining it.  If no maintenance is required then great, we usually leave it alone.
D.) If such a post/thread requires maintenance (e.g. editing for flames, etc.) then it'll more likely just disappear.
E.) If a specific user is requiring a significant amount of effort to moderate, we help ourselves out there too by reducing that user's demands on our time (i.e. give them a vacation).

Pretty simple really.. make the threads and posts you create not require moderation and they'll almost certainly be left untouched by moderator actions.  We aren't interested in spending time doing warrant-less moderation (see point B).

Reasonable?
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 07:31:11 PM »
Reasonable?  Sure and thanks for the clarification.

Pardner

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 07:37:21 PM »
Don't know about that, but the question arose a couple of days ago concerning the origin of the screen name, "Red Webster."... Anyway, I believe his screen name refers to the dictionary, where there used to be both a red and a black version. I can assure you RW is not a Badger in disguise.

Red Webster is a character in the now cult classic film "Roadhouse" famous for this piece of wisdom quote:

"I got married to an ugly woman. Don't ever do that. It just takes the energy right out of you. She left me, though. Found somebody even uglier than she was. That's life. Who can explain it?"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 07:43:22 PM »
Which suggests that redwebster is also Abefroman.   Obscure characters from 80's movies.   Plus the wordplay.   A badger fan on the internet is a red webster.   My money is on froman.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 07:58:36 AM »
I didn't think RW had the same writing style as Abe Froman.  Plus Red Webster is a way more obscure reference than the sausage king of Chicago.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 09:32:51 AM »
I concur.  Red Webster is not Froman.  Froman is much more obnoxious and full of himself.  We probably shouldn't even mention his name over here anymore.  He's such a narcissist, he'll think we want him on this board.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 11:09:12 AM »
I know I'm showing my age here, but, what are "flames" as it relates to blogging?

Thanks.

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 11:28:04 AM »
Baseless comments designed to provoke angry responses.

If I joined a Notre Dame forum and posted that I don't think 'we'll' win 5 conference games, simply to elicit a flurry of responses, that would be a flame.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 12:25:15 PM »
gotcha.  sounds kind of like the east coast equivlaent of "busting balls".

Thanks.

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 01:06:09 PM »
gotcha.  sounds kind of like the east coast equivlaent of "busting balls".

Thanks.

Basically, only ball busting is more upfront.  Like asking a Philly fan when they last won a championship in, well, anything.

RedWebster

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 03:54:32 PM »
RedWebster is not AbeFroman or a Badger fan. Red Webster is, in fact, a reference to the movie "Road House."

RedWebster is also dumbfounded that mocking the holier than though (and almost always misguided) tone of another poster is grounds for a "vacation" and the deletion of a thread.

Somebody's got an itchy trigger finger.

Dudes, what's with the attack on the mods? You might not agree with the way they run their board, but hey, it's their board. Make sense?

Is that offensive?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 04:10:22 PM »
Welcome back, Bro. Where's that Chicos cat at or does he go into hiding during the Angels postseason? Probably ZFB is sitting in his bedroom fixated on ESPN waiting for EA to flash a little tail.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 06:13:10 PM »
me thinks that redwebster is what 4ever calls his johnson.  red and short, like webster.

me also thinks that redwebster is PRN.

feedback