[Today at 04:40:58 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MUbiz
[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: RIP Herb Kohl  (Read 630 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
RIP Herb Kohl
« on: December 27, 2023, 05:43:28 PM »
Passed away at age 88.  A legacy of service to Wisconsin and Milwaukee that will live on forever
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: RIP Herb Kohl
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 05:51:05 PM »
He bagged my grandmother’s groceries at the Kohl’s (now a Sendicks) at 86th and North.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 05:55:35 PM »
Til Herb was still alive. Died too soon (before Ron Johnson)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 06:00:10 PM »
Had 2nd row tickets to a Bucks game a year or two before he sold the team. Herb was directly in front of me. Had several conversations with him over the course of the game. Very friendly and unassuming.

(Unfortunately, he had to leave early for a meeting with Herman Cain - discussing National Defense or something.)

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 06:07:02 PM »
Til Herb was still alive. Died too soon (before Ron Johnson)

Ban dis guy ^^^

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2023, 06:40:05 PM »
He bagged my grandmother’s groceries at the Kohl’s (now a Sendicks) at 86th and North.
Quite the euphimism

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2023, 09:20:49 PM »
Had 2nd row tickets to a Bucks game a year or two before he sold the team. Herb was directly in front of me. Had several conversations with him over the course of the game. Very friendly and unassuming.

(Unfortunately, he had to leave early for a meeting with Herman Cain - discussing National Defense or something.)

Feelings on his tenure as Bucks owner aside, he was an incredible friendly and kind man.  My best friend's wife was a staffer in his office in DC.  3 years after she left the office, she and my friend got married in downtown Milwaukee in 2012.  She didn't invite Herb, cause she thought it would be silly even symbolically.  But one of her bridesmaids still worked for him at the time.  We were departing the church and we see Herb unassumingly sitting in the second to last row by himself smiling.  Chatted with the wedding party for a few min and ducked out.  Always has stuck with me as classy and very non-politician sort of move.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2023, 10:54:58 PM »
The Heat played in Milwaukee right around my birthday during their peak pre-“Heatles” Wade years. My dad got me tickets to the games right behind the Heat bench from Herb a few times. I think he enjoyed that birthday gift as much as me.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2023, 02:23:09 AM »
A very nice man and a tremendous legacy. Great ties to Al/MU basketball, the city of MKE and the entire state. He and Ric Cobb spent many nights watching the Bucks together.

Had a chance to spend a few minutes with him at The Pfister this summer. He was frail but still very sharp. He spent most of the time talking with my 3y granddaughter. Herb Kohl was very good man and will be missed.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2023, 09:01:16 AM »

Whew, good thing there was a second half to that sentence.

Its DJOver

• All American

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2023, 03:33:32 PM »
Years ago, my father-jn-law once saw Herb Kohl in a public place and joked, "Hey Herb, when you are going to invite me to your skybox for a Bucks game?"

Herb smiled and said, "Give me your card."

The next week, Herb's secretary called him to find out which game he wanted to attend and made all of the arrangements.
Have some patience, FFS.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2023, 07:45:53 PM »
Herb handed me a chocolate milk every year at the State Fair.