[Today at 11:12:06 AM]

[Paint Touches] Love in the time of the Portal Kombat by frozena pizza
[Today at 08:33:37 AM]

Welcome Jack Anderson! by Jay Bee
[May 02, 2024, 08:58:35 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New MU Scoop rule proposed- No more Tom Crean references  (Read 8020 times)

TomW1365

• Team Captain
New MU Scoop rule proposed- No more Tom Crean references
« on: October 22, 2009, 03:20:04 PM »
For not recognizing he had an NBA talent on the roster for 3 years and miscasting his roll on the team. Thankfully, Buzz corrected this last season and Wes was able to make the most of his opportunities.
Shame on Tommy and to think he makes a living evaluating and coaching talent, pathetic.

People that continue wasting time writing Anti-Crean posts remind me of an old friend that would call all his ex-girlfriends sluts or f'n bitches after they dumped him.  I always thought it showed no class to lambaste a girl that my friend used to like in such a crude way.  I realized it was his way of dealing with being the break-up-ee... but it shows a lack of class.  Let's face it, Crean was similar to the faithful girlfriend who gets attention from other guys and seems to like it.  It was obvious that this relationship wasn't going to last.  At least there were benefits along the way and MU is better off than it was before he came along.  The distinction between a girlfriend and wife is there's no marriage (among many other things  ;) )... College coaches and universities aren't married... while it would be nice to have a coach (or hot girlfriend) that will never leave you, nothing lasts forever.  The best way to get over the ex is to get under another ;D.  So whether you're the guy who hated Crean every single minute, or are pissed because of the sudden departure that was done in a way you didn't like, let's move on... the coach (and your ex) has!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 03:25:06 PM by TomW1365 »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: New MU Scoop rule proposed- No more Tom Crean references
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 03:21:06 PM »
Nay.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 03:26:04 PM »
Let's not talk about McGuire, Raymonds, Majerus, Dukiet, O'Neill or Mike Deane, either. Or Dean Meminger, George Thompson, Butch Lee, Bo Ellis, Doc Rivers, Tony Smith, Diener, Novak or Wade.

Great idea.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 03:27:50 PM »
+1000

I'll follow this request, but I know that many, many others will not. Some people refuse just because...well I don't really know why, but it is very tiresome. So even though others will continue to bring up Crean as often as Buzz (often in an unproductive way) I guess we'll have to keep ignoring them, TomW.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 03:30:45 PM »
People that continue wasting time writing Anti-Crean posts remind me of an old friend that would call all his ex-girlfriends sluts or f'n bitches after they dumped him.  I always thought it showed no class to lambaste a girl that my friend used to like in such a crude way.  I realized it was his way of dealing with being the break-up-ee... but it shows a lack of class.  Let's face it, Crean was similar to the faithful girlfriend who gets attention from other guys and seems to like it.  It was obvious that this relationship wasn't going to last.  At least there were benefits along the way and MU is better off than it was before he came along.  The distinction between a girlfriend and wife is there's no marriage (among many other things  ;) )... College coaches and universities aren't married... while it would be nice to have a coach (or hot girlfriend) that will never leave you, nothing lasts forever.  The best way to get over the ex is to get under another ;D.  So whether you're the guy who hated Crean every single minute, or are pissed because of the sudden departure that was done in a way you didn't like, let's move on... the coach (and your ex) has!

to make things go away, "Just don't look"

don't look if you don't want to read about it.

CrazyEcho

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 03:33:47 PM »
Nay--it's a message board.  Stop trying to censor people.

I think there is a difference between people who make threads about Crean and people who take threads not about Crean and hijack the thread and turn it into a Crean-bashing thread.  For the former, just don't click on them.  The latter, on the other hand, are a little annoying.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 03:34:20 PM »
I'm of the school of thought that forum rules are bad.

I don't want Crean on these forums, so I try not to bring him up.  I'm sure the people that bring him up all the time will start bringing him up less frequently over time, especially once our program is established as successful again without Crean.

Instead of pointing out that people are talking about Crean in a thread and telling them to stop just ignore that piece of their comment or continue talking about the original thread topic.  If enough people do the little things like this it will be less fun for the Crean-trolls to bring him up repeatedly.

The sting of Crean's sudden departure will wear off soon enough for those of us that are still butt-hurt about the guy.  Let them talk out their feelings and maybe give them a bro hug next time you see them?

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=1fcd900c02c19d0127c39a003b710ad0&cid=vplayer

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 03:40:28 PM »
Let's not talk about McGuire, Raymonds, Majerus, Dukiet, O'Neill or Mike Deane, either. Or Dean Meminger, George Thompson, Butch Lee, Bo Ellis, Doc Rivers, Tony Smith, Diener, Novak or Wade.

Great idea.

I guess I should have changed the subject of my post to:  

How is Tom Crean like your wife or girlfriend?  

Warhawk Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 03:42:38 PM »
I vote in the affirmative.  Crean comments are passe.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 03:51:01 PM »

I agree with you, but I'm afraid it's just not going to stop.

However, maybe we could move all of the Crean comments to the Superbar? Could there be a Master Crean thread or Crean pissing match thread? Then people could blast away at him and at each other without hijacking other threads.

If a thread turned into Crean vs (insert something here), then we could move those posts into the master thread.

Just an idea.

Kramerica

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 04:04:26 PM »
I whole hartedly endorse this proposal.  Anytime a thread gets hijacked into a Crean/Buzz arguement we move it to the superbar.  Or when ever it becomes a Chicos/Hayward argument.  There was one thread a couple weeks ago that got absolutely ridiculous. 

I agree with you, but I'm afraid it's just not going to stop.

However, maybe we could move all of the Crean comments to the Superbar? Could there be a Master Crean thread or Crean pissing match thread? Then people could blast away at him and at each other without hijacking other threads.

If a thread turned into Crean vs (insert something here), then we could move those posts into the master thread.

Just an idea.

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 04:12:38 PM »
Isn't it time to move on?

Perma-Tan is fully immersed in all things crimson while Buzz is in the process of hauling in another top 10-15 class something that P-T seemed unable to do while at MU.  Forget about him!

Go Buzz.....keep working to add Tarik and a few more real studs to the classes of 2010 and 2011...the rest will take care of itself.....

Ring Out Ahoya!!!!

Just my $0.02

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 04:12:53 PM »
to make things go away, "Just don't look"

don't look if you don't want to read about it.

I'll endorse this forever.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 04:13:44 PM »
We should not ban posts. However, we should make an effort to post with class. Remember we are suppose to represent a Catholic University. Personal attacks really are not what Christians should be about.

MUinCO

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 04:19:15 PM »
Tom who?

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 04:28:21 PM »
To those in the "just don't read it camp" I would usually agree.  However, there are more than one hijackers  around here who would like to turn any thread into what they would like to talk about.  That is the real problem, whether it is regarding Crean or not.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 04:43:14 PM »
Unless an article/blog re TC/IUis really newsworthy or otherwise relelvant to a topic/thread, I wish folks would just avoid him in their posts.  Reading articles/blogs on how IU will do is not very newsworthy.  If it was, we would see such items about many other schools.  As for bashing TC, why bother?  He is gone and was suceesful at MU.  That some guys did not like his personality is truly irrelevant.  Not saying we should avoid TC; but, guys and gals, lets use some common sense here.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 05:02:24 PM »
Can the mods set up a function where as soon as the name Crean shows up in a thread, a "TC" shows up on the main page like the "NEW" message.  Then it everyone would be happy.  (I couldn't decide if I should type this in teal or not.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 05:27:59 PM »
just be patient, time will do this on it's own.  right now 70% of the threads are hijacked.  Use to be 99%.  In 3-4 years the board will be almost tom crean free and we'll be back to people complaining about the nickname and quoting some unscientific poll from the 90's again.

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 06:40:32 PM »

Great idea.

Good Point

He was part of MU Basketball.  You can't just say he doesn't matter because he's not now-that's absurd. He will always be part of MU.
There will always be discussion of him as part of MU basketball.
We have a right to point out good things and bad things he has done, if he was good for the program or bad for the program and the legacy, good or bad or somewhere inbetween, that he has left for Buzz.

TC discussion is important discussion because we are dealing with two years of recruits, or non-recruits, that were part of his tenure.  That is why discussion continues and may go off topic to other things about TC.  If you are blinded to that then don't make the comments or read them.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:42:56 PM by pillardean »
Marquette University, Spring '08

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 07:33:46 PM »
You mean Tom Crean's not our coach anymore?
When did he leave? Was that what ESPN was talking about?

I wholeheartedly ask that members temper their TC assails...or Tweet them to TC himself.

www.twitter.com/tomcrean

That way I can read his responses. ;)
SS Marquette

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 08:16:41 PM »
The only issue I take with the original post was myself and many others referred to Tommy Naismith as a F'n bitch long before he left ...started in about 2004 for me.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 08:26:06 PM »

The last thing this board needs is a condescending lecture from an amatuer shrink. I understand that any talk about Crean is boring and a waste of time to some. As time goes by it will recede. Insulting people by calling them jilted lovers won't speed up the process.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 09:29:20 PM »
The only issue I take with the original post was myself and many others referred to Tommy Naismith as a F'n bitch long before he left ...started in about 2004 for me.

I left his corner during the semi-final debacle vs. Kansas and never looked back. Convinced beyond a doubt , he's a phony and a bs'er.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 09:41:53 PM »
yes i was there in NO and actually saw him before they went to the dome on the charter bus he was white literally looked like he was going to crap himself.  His panic obviously was felt by the team.  Crean always had trouble controlling his emotions typically to his teams detriment, if you are scared your team will play scared.   Same thing in St. Louis in 2002  and in Indianapolis in 2003 I watched a team more talented than their opponent play in utter fear of losing. 

Another moronic decison by Naismith was the choice of Hotels in NO  gee lets set them up in the middle of the french Quater.  Smart ...Al had his kids in the suburbs of Atlanta and many great coaches get their teams out of the hoopla. 

feedback