[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vote!  (Read 87294 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Vote!
« Reply #1125 on: November 05, 2020, 09:23:14 PM »
So who's buying a gun for the civil war that breaks out tomorrow?

Not happening. We were told violence and disturbances would only come if Trump won.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1126 on: November 05, 2020, 09:24:16 PM »
Clayton County has been cranking out 85% for Biden. Biden could be ahead by at least a few thousand later tonight. Come through John Lewis. Cue the Louis Armstrong and Ray Charles.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 09:37:30 PM by shoothoops »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1127 on: November 05, 2020, 09:35:01 PM »
Not happening. We were told violence and disturbances would only come if Trump won.

Good point. I feel safer already.
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1128 on: November 05, 2020, 09:46:17 PM »
I do think AZ goes back to Trump but man, John Lewis’ district giving Biden Georgia would be unbelievable

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1129 on: November 05, 2020, 09:54:33 PM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1130 on: November 05, 2020, 10:03:49 PM »
Think we know the count by tomorrow?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 10:54:17 PM by forgetful »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1131 on: November 05, 2020, 10:04:17 PM »
Good point. I feel safer already.

Me too. At least COVID is done.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1132 on: November 05, 2020, 10:11:18 PM »
Me too. At least COVID is done.

Yep. That and now we can stop watching the election since Trump won all the "legal" votes.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1133 on: November 05, 2020, 10:32:04 PM »

Now that the anarchists have taken over so many of our American cities, I'm sure the president will send in the secret military police to throw the rioters into unmarked vans.

Oh wait ... these anarchists are white "patriots." Never mind.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1134 on: November 05, 2020, 10:36:16 PM »
Stacey Abrams had the 2018 Georgia Governor race stolen from her by the current Georgia Governor's voter suppression.

What did she do next?

Abrams then founded "Fair Fight" raising $32 million and registering 800,000 new voters.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1135 on: November 05, 2020, 10:40:54 PM »
Now that the anarchists have taken over so many of our American cities, I'm sure the president will send in the secret military police to throw the rioters into unmarked vans.

Oh wait ... these anarchists are white "patriots." Never mind.

In Portland they’re the same far left groups that were rioting all summer. Last night it was “f—k Trump, f—k Biden” being chanted while a Catholic Church was trashed. The violence had been planned and promoted for a week regardless of who won.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 10:43:03 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1136 on: November 05, 2020, 10:47:39 PM »
As a tease, Clayton County GA dropped 129 votes just now. 117 were for Biden.

The bigger one coming shortly.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1137 on: November 05, 2020, 10:51:43 PM »
"Do not get lost in a sea of despair. Do not become bitter or hostile. Be hopeful, be optimistic. Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble. We will find a way to make a way out of no way. #goodtrouble"

https://twitter.com/repjohnlewis/status/1151155571757867011?s=19

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #1138 on: November 06, 2020, 12:42:12 AM »

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #1139 on: November 06, 2020, 01:35:50 AM »
PA looks like it may hold for trump. Must be Voter fraud!!! Every state my guy didnt win is cuz fraud damnit! every state my guy won was legit though. I cant stand the garbage people spew.. ugh jesus. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1140 on: November 06, 2020, 05:33:12 AM »
Biden is now ahead in Georgia by 1,096 votes.

Biden is closing in Pennsylvania and there are far more than enough ballots left in Philadelphia alone to cover the gap.

Biden almost certain to hold on in Nevada based on where the remaining votes are, they plan to have them all counted by February.

Biden will likely hold Arizona, but with Georgia and Pennsylvania both going blue, he doesn't need it anymore.

Of course, the political wheel will still turn as all eyes shift to the two Georgia Senate run-offs.

This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1141 on: November 06, 2020, 06:13:51 AM »
Stacey Abrams had the 2018 Georgia Governor race stolen from her by the current Georgia Governor's voter suppression.

What did she do next?

Abrams then founded "Fair Fight" raising $32 million and registering 800,000 new voters.

Fun fact:  Born in Madison

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1142 on: November 06, 2020, 06:59:29 AM »
Georgia, with its Republican governor, Republican secretary of state (who is in charge of the election) and Republican voting system implementation manager, is obviously trying to steal the election for Democrats. I mean, duh.

There are more important things to do right now, but when it's all said and done, numerous hard-working election and state officials in Georgia, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Michigan, Nevada and Wisconsin should file slander lawsuits against Citizen Trump and the Trump puppets who have publicly impugned their integrity.

Truly a disgusting performance by a small, hate-filled, desperate bully who is losing his lunch money to a 593-year-old man.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1143 on: November 06, 2020, 07:51:43 AM »
Biden now up in the Keystone State.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1144 on: November 06, 2020, 07:55:43 AM »
Here's some interesting stuff from the NYT on all the lawsuits Trump has filed or will file ...

The Trump campaign and its allies have filed so many election challenges that it requires litigation trackers. This litany of lawsuits is typical of the president’s strategy in his business career — make claims and see what sticks — but it’s unlikely to clinch the election, legal experts say. However, it may serve other purposes.

“‘Sue everyone all the time’ is not going to get him anywhere” in stopping vote counts, Garrett Epps, a constitutional law scholar at the University of Baltimore, told DealBook. Mr. Trump was famously litigious in business, but as president he’s been “better at getting into court than performing,” he said. Republican lawyers have noted flaws in the approach. “You need a legal violation to go to court. It depends on state law and on the facts,” the former White House counsel Don McGahn said this week after the president invoked the Supreme Court in a tweet.

The big picture: Lawsuits matter only if the vote margins are very thin and there’s fraud or procedural problems; so far, these haven’t been issues, said Josh Blackman of the South Texas College of Law. Yesterday, judges in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Georgia resisted requests to stop counts, saying they found no threats to election integrity. But Mr. Trump has regularly used legal complaints to buy time, so Mr. Blackman posits that he is “hoping something breaks,” which would allow for more cases. This isn’t likely, given “the number of eyeballs” on the process, he added.

What about the Supreme Court? The president asked to intervene in a case about a ballot count extension in Pennsylvania that state Republicans twice requested the justices review, unsuccessfully. Mr. Blackman believes that the top court probably won’t agree to hear the case now, either, unless the vote count is so close that a decision is critical to certifying Pennsylvania’s winner. “They don’t unnecessarily decide difficult constitutional questions,” he said. Mr. Epps said the justices “have to think about their legacy and reputation,” especially the newest member of the court, confirmed quickly ahead of the election. “If I were Amy Coney Barrett, I would not want my 40 years to start with this case,” he said.

What happens next? The lawsuits can be effective for Mr. Trump without succeeding or being valid, Mr. Epps added, simply by showing that he’s fighting, providing fund-raising motivation and cultivating a narrative of unfair treatment. This could serve him well should the votes ultimately go against him and he moves on to lead a media empire or act as a Republican kingmaker (or candidate) in 2024.

I thought the comment about Barrett, which I bolded, was especially interesting and rings true.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1145 on: November 06, 2020, 08:03:01 AM »
Andrew Yang speaks the truth about the disconnect between Democrats and the working class. Worth watching the full clip, if you're interested.

"In there minds the Democratic party unfortunately has taken on this role of the coastal urban elites who are more concerned about policing various cultural issues than improving their way of life."

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1324517436469760007/pu/vid/1314x720/GcjgKXrd6QucRXMA.mp4?tag=10

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1146 on: November 06, 2020, 08:03:10 AM »
Biden now up in the Keystone State.

Yeah, its all over but the cryin'.  Hopefully momentum can be held through January for those two GA senate races.  They're essential.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1147 on: November 06, 2020, 08:03:46 AM »
Andrew Yang speaks the truth about the disconnect between Democrats and the working class. Worth watching the full clip, if you're interested.

"In there minds the Democratic party unfortunately has taken on this role of the coastal urban elites who are more concerned about policing various cultural issues than improving their way of life."

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1324517436469760007/pu/vid/1314x720/GcjgKXrd6QucRXMA.mp4?tag=10

Andrew Yang is awesome, hope he runs again or gets a prominent spot in the new administration.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1148 on: November 06, 2020, 08:06:11 AM »

What did she do next?

She should run the DNC. She should also continue pushing for paper ballots nationwide.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1149 on: November 06, 2020, 08:07:48 AM »
Yeah, its all over but the cryin'.  Hopefully momentum can be held through January for those two GA senate races.  They're essential.

IMHO, it's important for the national psyche that Biden win Georgia. Win a state whose election officials and governor are Republican, and win Nevada as expected to get to 275, and then Pennsylvania doesn't really "matter" in the outcome.

That wouldn't stop Trump from whining and litigating, but it would render his baseless claims meaningless.

As for the Senate races, I have trouble believing that Dems will get out the vote with Trump not on the ballot. That sucks, but I think history has shown that to be true.

feedback