[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vote!  (Read 87279 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Vote!
« Reply #1000 on: November 05, 2020, 11:19:22 AM »
@RalstonReports: NEWS: First batch of new votes from NV, from Clark, shows Biden lead up to 12K.

Small gain for trump it's down to 11k
Maigh Eo for Sam

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1001 on: November 05, 2020, 11:31:59 AM »
I don't see any numbers suggesting he'll run out of runway in PA. I agree on GA. I just don't think there are enough votes left there.

In PA, there are 784K votes left with a deficit of 165K. 62% (486,080) to 38% (297,920) of the remaining vote would put Biden ahead by ~20K votes. He is hovering around 73% of the vote in every update.

My concern come from this dashboard.

https://www.votespa.com/About-Elections/Pages/Counting-Dashboard.aspx

Still a lot of votes to count in places like Cumberland County, which is a Trump stronghold. Also, Philly burbs where at best it's a push. So the question is whether Biden can keep running the margins.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1002 on: November 05, 2020, 11:42:14 AM »

Still a lot of votes to count in places like Cumberland County, which is a Trump stronghold. Also, Philly burbs where at best it's a push. So the question is whether Biden can keep running the margins.

Take into consideration the early/mail votes will still run 70% Biden, even from Trump strongholds.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1003 on: November 05, 2020, 11:43:49 AM »
Trump's lead in GA down to 14k.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1004 on: November 05, 2020, 11:46:48 AM »

From everything I'm hearing, there are still tens of thousands of votes to count in Philadelphia and perhaps as many as 30K in Alleghany (but they need to be reviewed, so who knows).

Trump does do well in Cumberland County, but are you assuming the mail-in ballots there are going to go against state trends (i.e. Dems do relatively better compared to in-person votes)?

As for the Philly burbs ... not a push. So far:
Chester County - Biden +51K votes
Delaware County - Biden +70K votes
Montgomery County - Biden +130K votes
Bucks County - Biden +6,500 votes
Lancaster County - Trump +44K votes
Berks County -  Trump +16K votes

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1005 on: November 05, 2020, 12:00:08 PM »
Slightly off topic, but I wonder what someone like Ann Richards would say about Trump.

Her and Bentsen campaigning around Texas if they were still alive would have been quite a sight to see.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1006 on: November 05, 2020, 12:04:24 PM »
Trump lead is 13,500 over Biden in Georgia with over 50k absentee votes left.

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1324411276269887495?s=19

This is a list of county by county. I know that Fulton County will have an additional few thousand or more provisional ballots added as well among others:

https://twitter.com/RichardFausset/status/1324362209745604608?s=19
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 12:13:48 PM by shoothoops »

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1007 on: November 05, 2020, 12:14:41 PM »
Trump lead is 13,500 over Biden in Georgia with over 50k absentee votes left.

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1324411276269887495?s=19

This is a list of county by county. I know that Fulton County will have an additional few thousand or more provisional ballots added as well among others:

https://twitter.com/RichardFausset/status/1324362209745604608?s=19
military ballots as well, not sure how many there are

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1008 on: November 05, 2020, 12:16:09 PM »

Secretary of State implied that those were being counted in with absentee.
Maigh Eo for Sam

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1009 on: November 05, 2020, 12:17:48 PM »
Secretary of State implied that those were being counted in with absentee.

Those are considered in addition to if you read the comment from the AJC first link in my post above.

GA Sec of State has been wrong a lot and it is always saying there are only xyz ballots left and it is always more.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1010 on: November 05, 2020, 12:19:12 PM »
Or which way they will break. Normally we would be pretty sure, but after the "suckers and losers" comments its not so clear this year.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1011 on: November 05, 2020, 12:22:11 PM »
For what it's worth, one Pennsylvania Senator believes Biden will win by around 100k votes, and the other, with a larger consensus says Biden will win Pennsylvania by about 175k votes. They said this within the half hour

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1012 on: November 05, 2020, 12:23:54 PM »
Or which way they will break. Normally we would be pretty sure, but after the "suckers and losers" comments its not so clear this year.
A poll of active duty members by Military Times in August showed 41 percent to 37 percent in favor of Biden. This was before "Suckers and losers."

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2020/08/31/as-trumps-popularity-slips-in-latest-military-times-poll-more-troops-say-theyll-vote-for-biden/

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #1013 on: November 05, 2020, 12:24:51 PM »
So we've often heard the line about "there are bad people on both sides" very often. Most often from conservatives trying to minimize actions taken by far right extremists.

Honest question, I promise I'm not being snarky, are there any liberal leaning groups out there demanding to stop the count in places where Biden is winning? The fact that there are people demanding that legally cast votes not be counted so their candidate can win is terrifying to me. I understand we can disagree on a lot of key issues but I thought the democratic process was something both sides firmly endorsed.

Brother TAMU:

1) Why would you stop the count when you're benefitting from every newly counted vote?

2) Nobody -- except maybe hard cores -- want to stop counting legally cast ballots. That's why I say what I say about credible evidence of misbehavior or of election violation. I don't think there is any. If there's not, keep counting.

Brother Hoops:

I get you don't like Trump's record. There's things I find about it that are sad and in some cases sick. But I would note that regardless of what happens, 100,000 more votes in the right places and we don't have a "controversy" and Donald Trump is re-elected. There's a lot of people that see enough in him who aren't right wing nutcases, reactionary anarchists, hoodlums etc., and voted for him. You can't ignore that or the consideration it requires in the legislative process.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1014 on: November 05, 2020, 12:25:14 PM »
Take into consideration the early/mail votes will still run 70% Biden, even from Trump strongholds.

I saw this exactly reported last night.  Even in major Trump vote counties, the absentee ballots were favoring Biden at the 70%+ rate.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1015 on: November 05, 2020, 12:28:42 PM »
A poll of active duty members by Military Times in August showed 41 percent to 37 percent in favor of Biden. This was before "Suckers and losers."

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2020/08/31/as-trumps-popularity-slips-in-latest-military-times-poll-more-troops-say-theyll-vote-for-biden/

Yeah, family members in the military told me that the idea of the military being hard core Republicans is largely false.  (Mostly because the military is quite diverse.)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1016 on: November 05, 2020, 12:29:34 PM »
Brother TAMU:

1) Why would you stop the count when you're benefitting from every newly counted vote?

2) Nobody -- except maybe hard cores -- want to stop counting legally cast ballots. That's why I say what I say about credible evidence of misbehavior or of election violation. I don't think there is any. If there's not, keep counting.

Brother Hoops:

I get you don't like Trump's record. There's things I find about it that are sad and in some cases sick. But I would note that regardless of what happens, 100,000 more votes in the right places and we don't have a "controversy" and Donald Trump is re-elected. There's a lot of people that see enough in him who aren't right wing nutcases, reactionary anarchists, hoodlums etc., and voted for him. You can't ignore that or the consideration it requires in the legislative process.

While we differ ideologically, I respect your opinions.  Thanks for being cool.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1017 on: November 05, 2020, 12:31:53 PM »
Brother TAMU:

I think Arizona goes against this assumption.

I wasn't suggesting anyone besides the hard cores want to stop counting votes. But I was genuinely curious if there was evidence of liberal "hard cores" trying to disrupt the democratic process or asking that the democratic process be disrupted.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1018 on: November 05, 2020, 12:36:13 PM »
Brother TAMU:

Brother Hoops:

To be fair 100k in the right places as trumps never even president in the first place. It breaks both ways.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1019 on: November 05, 2020, 12:40:45 PM »
According to Pennsylvania Sec of State:

About 550K ballots remain. Most should be counted today.
About 100K are in Philly, with another 10-40K in each of the collar counties.
About 37K in Alleghany County.

Because of legal challenges, late-arriving ballots are being segregated in the event they're thrown out. But based on trends, they're not expecting those ballots to decide the race either way.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: November 05, 2020, 12:43:16 PM »
Brother TAMU:

Brother Hoops:

I can't speak for TAMU but he is referencing the actions of Trump etc and stopping counts here and not doing it there. Zero integrity.

As for me, I 100% acknowledge that Trump is getting millions and millions of votes. That doesn't make it good or okay to me. It means that you and whomever votes for him enables and condones all of those things. Example, the wealthy individual or corporation that is more concerned with tax cuts and deregulation first. Yes, I think very poorly of these people, and some (some not) of those both 1% and regular people are in my family and friends etc...

I like making money, stocks, and so on like many other people, but some things come first.

By definition, malignant narcissists don't have an ideology. They are chameleons that constantly change adding and dropping people after getting what they want.

But words matter, actions matter, policy matters, truth matters, hate matters and on and on. Trump is far from Conservative as you know.

But it's the politicians, business people, voters, that enable and condone and encourage for their own interests and personal gain.

I'm far from perfect, but maybe begin with a basic set of standards.

It's pretty simple, all of those things I mentioned and more don't matter as much to his voters and enablers than their own $ and personal gain. Raise the Bar.

We can sit here and debate and disagree about policies, beliefs etc ....but we are nowhere near that point. It's not okay to lie tens of thousands of times, to not do the work, to be Racist, Mysogonistic, a Xenophobe. It's basic respect for people.

Gotta get to that first. Until then the Trumps McConnell's and so on gotta go for me.

I am well aware 40 plus percent of people do not care about these things. I am not in that group. Too many people act like it is a game. Separating kids from parents for kicks and then losing them. PTSD for life right there. Sure let's vote for that because maybe someone is anti abortion or insert reason here. I would say pro life but these people are not pro life.

But I calmly, matter of factly digress. Back to the voting numbers. I am pretty consistent about one thing, ask yourself is this fair? Basic fairness isn't much to ask.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 12:55:18 PM by shoothoops »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1021 on: November 05, 2020, 12:51:37 PM »

These fu*king people ...

David Corn @DavidCornDC
The Trump family is now calling on GOP-controlled state legislatures to nullify the actual vote and push for Trump electors. This is a dangerous moment.

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1324415365439463424

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: November 05, 2020, 12:57:57 PM »
So based on how Trump's campaign is acting, would this race have been called by now if it was any other incumbent basically in the history of the country?  I mean, if you think there's still a chance you win the election it doesn't seem like you'd act the way Trump's campaign is.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #1023 on: November 05, 2020, 12:59:11 PM »
To be fair 100k in the right places as trumps never even president in the first place. It breaks both ways.

Very true :-).

But my point in bringing this out is that he has a sizeable constituency, not all of whom are deplorables.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1024 on: November 05, 2020, 01:01:34 PM »
I can't speak for TAMU but he is referencing the actions of Trump etc and stopping counts here and not doing it there. Zero integrity.

As for me, I 100% acknowledge that Trump is getting millions and millions of votes. That doesn't make it good or okay to me. It means that you and whomever votes for him enables and condones all of those things. Example, the wealthy individual or corporation that is more concerned with tax cuts and deregulation first. Yes, I think very poorly of these people, and some (some not) of those both 1% and regular people are in my family and friends etc...

By definition, malignant narcissists don't have an ideology. They are chameleons that constantly change adding and dropping people after getting what they want.

But words matter, actions matter, policy matters, truth matters, hate matters and on and on. Trump is far from Conservative as you know.

But it's the politicians, business people, voters, that enable and condone and encourage for their own interests and personal gain.

I'm far from perfect, but maybe begin with a basic set of standards.

It's pretty simple, all of those things I mentioned and more don't matter as much to his voters and enablers than their own $ and personal gain. Raise the Bar.

We can sit here and debate and disagree about policies, beliefs etc ....but we are nowhere near that point. It's not okay to lie tens of thousands of times, to not do the work, to be Racist, Mysogonistic, a Xenophobe. It's basic respect for people.

Gotta get to that first. Until then the Trumps McConnell's and so on gotta go for me.

I am well aware 40 plus percent of people do not care about these things. I am not in that group. Too many people act like it is a game. Separating kids from parents for kicks and then losing them. PTSD for life right there. Sure let's vote for that because maybe someone is anti abortion or insert reason here. I would say pro life but these people are not pro life.

But I calmly, matter of factly digress. Back to the voting numbers. I am pretty consistent about one thing, ask yourself is this fair? Basic fairness isn't much to ask.

my sister is a now-former teacher (taking this year off due to COVID) and her kids are unable to go back to school. She asked my parents why were so gung ho about Trump (my mom flew a flag) and the answers they had were "look at our retirement" and "no more political correctness." My dad lectured my 16-year-old nephew as to why he needed to take down "in this house..." sign my sister put up. Socialism was also brought up. Granted, this is just anecdotal evidence of one couple, but these are retired, highly educated, and successful suburbanites. They occasionally go to a nondenominational church, are pro-choice having worked in the medical field but are full time Fox News viewers and listen to Limbaugh and local right wing radio.

I don't think they are that far off from many Trump voters.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

feedback