[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vote!  (Read 87282 times)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: Vote!
« Reply #950 on: November 04, 2020, 11:13:18 PM »
What is interesting about Pennsylvania, is it doesn't seem to matter what county the mail in votes are coming from. Biden is winning them 4:1 even in Trump counties.

Likely an artifact of focusing on getting out the in person vote. The only difference is the number of mail in votes, margin seems to be consistent.

Sources saying Biden could win PA by 200K+ when all votes are counted.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #951 on: November 04, 2020, 11:21:06 PM »
another Fulton County batch update:

https://twitter.com/brendankeefe/status/1324207280443793409

Confused by these updates as the numbers haven't shifted that much.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #952 on: November 04, 2020, 11:44:52 PM »
Confused by these updates as the numbers haven't shifted that much.

He is getting his numbers on the ground from the Georgia Secretary of State in person, in Fulton County, in person. He is not watching a ticker.

He also says all Fulton County numbers excluding adjudicated ballots will be in by 3am. 17k left. But Gwinnett and DeKalb not likely in before tomorrow.

Apparently the state staff that reports the numbers online went home for the night. So he is saying he has numbers online people don’t.

We’ll see.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #953 on: November 05, 2020, 12:02:59 AM »
He is getting his numbers on the ground from the Georgia Secretary of State in person, in Fulton County, in person. He is not watching a ticker.

He also says all Fulton County numbers excluding adjudicated ballots will be in by 3am. 17k left. But Gwinnett and DeKalb not likely in before tomorrow.

Apparently the state staff that reports the numbers online went home for the night. So he is saying he has numbers online people don’t.

We’ll see.

Dekalb is now done. Don't know if the votes are in the totals. Thinking there isn't enough runway to flip Georgia.

Looking at the outstanding ballots in PA. The majority of outstanding ballots are either in contested counties or Trump counties. For Biden to pull it out in PA, it appears he is going to have to hope that the majority of mail in ballots go his way regardless of county.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #954 on: November 05, 2020, 02:36:46 AM »
Dekalb is now done. Don't know if the votes are in the totals. Thinking there isn't enough runway to flip Georgia.

Looking at the outstanding ballots in PA. The majority of outstanding ballots are either in contested counties or Trump counties. For Biden to pull it out in PA, it appears he is going to have to hope that the majority of mail in ballots go his way regardless of county.

The AJC is reporting 23k lead for Trump with over 80k ti 99k ballots left to count in Atlanta and Savannah, strong locations for Biden.

Many of the ballots remaining to be counted in Pennsylvania are strong locations for Biden, including Philadelphia and Pittsburgh and some others. Biden may win Pennsylvania with Philadelphia alone. Many are predicting a very comfortable 3% Biden win in Pennsylvania.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 03:06:55 AM by shoothoops »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #955 on: November 05, 2020, 06:01:30 AM »
It appears everything is in in GA from what I can see and Trump held by .4%

So NV and PA will decide it.

EDIT: Well, the map I was looking at showed 100% reporting, but I am now seeing there are still votes left to count. Not sure which one is accurate.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 06:15:24 AM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #956 on: November 05, 2020, 06:03:10 AM »
NY Times Morning Brief:

The president versus democracy
This is a dark and dangerous moment for American democracy.

A sitting president has spent months telling lies about non-existent voter fraud. Now that his re-election bid is in deep trouble — but with the outcome still uncertain — he has unleashed a new torrent of falsehoods claiming that the other side cheated. He has demanded the Supreme Court intervene to decide the election in his favor.

His supporters are staging protests in Arizona, Michigan, Nevada and Pennsylvania meant to interfere with legitimate vote counting. In Phoenix, some have showed up at the State Capitol with guns (as you can see in this short video taken by my colleague Simon Romero).

The worst democratic outcome — in which judges appointed by the president’s political party intervene to overrule the apparent will of voters — seems likely to be avoided. The Supreme Court has shown no signs of halting vote counts, and Joe Biden’s leads in the decisive states may end up being large enough to avoid the election hinging on the sort of ballot-counting minutiae (like hanging chads) that decided the 2000 result in Florida.

But President Trump’s actions are still causing significant damage. They undermine his supporters’ faith in the country’s government. They also undermine the credibility of the United States around the world. And they force election officials, journalists and social-media platforms to choose between telling the truth and sounding nonpartisan; it is impossible to do both about Trump’s election claims.

In the simplest terms, the president of the United States is attacking American democracy in an effort to remain in office.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #957 on: November 05, 2020, 06:16:05 AM »
[/quote]
It appears everything is in in GA from what I can see and Trump held by .4%

So NV and PA will decide it.

25k to go with a 18,540 spread. Done by noon.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #958 on: November 05, 2020, 07:02:00 AM »

25k to go with a 18,540 spread. Done by noon.

Friendly reminder that the Georgia Sec of State has downplayed the quantity if remaining votes at various points. He is very conservative with his numbers. This says 50k plus votes left. I am seeing multiple places saying there are way more than 25k votes left to be counted.

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1324331236198932480?s=19

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #959 on: November 05, 2020, 07:36:43 AM »
About 51K ballots left in Georgia, most in Fulton (Atlanta) and Chatham (Savannah) counties.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/about-200000-absentee-ballots-still-need-to-be-counted-in-georgia/BYGJAXV5FRBGBAMA6JPIC7ZL34/?D

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #960 on: November 05, 2020, 07:40:40 AM »
About 51K ballots left in Georgia, most in Fulton (Atlanta) and Chatham (Savannah) counties.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/about-200000-absentee-ballots-still-need-to-be-counted-in-georgia/BYGJAXV5FRBGBAMA6JPIC7ZL34/?D

Yes. (Biden says it is even higher over 70k)

The number discrepancy seems to be votes counted vs votes reported.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 07:46:17 AM by shoothoops »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #961 on: November 05, 2020, 07:41:01 AM »
Shameless hypocrisy is a Republican strong suit.

Why do we still have to deal with him.  He's the main agitator of disfunction.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #962 on: November 05, 2020, 07:49:07 AM »
Not a shocker, Georgia Secretary of State corrects his votes left number:

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1324346056499486720?s=19

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #963 on: November 05, 2020, 07:53:16 AM »
Why do we still have to deal with him.  He's the main agitator of disfunction.

Well, we have to deal with him because the Republican controlled senate chose him as SML.  Quickest way to get Mitch out of power is to vote out Republican senators.  But that is too hard, apparently.

Mitch McConnell catches all the heat because he isn't afraid of the criticism.  Keep in mind he serves as SML because the other Republican senators have chosen him.  We can blame Mitch all we want, but he merely represents all of them.  If they wanted to or were pressured enough, they could relegate him to being just another senator.  But they want him in power.  It allows them to dip responsibility for his actions.  It's why you see senators like Romney, Collins, and Murkowski appear to be 'bipartisan' when they aren't.  When their votes don't tip the scales in the favor of things (SCOTUS confirmations especially) they're allowed this appearance.  But make no mistake, if their votes are needed, Mitch will whip the votes.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #964 on: November 05, 2020, 07:55:42 AM »
CNN is reporting 140K left in Philadelphia and 28K in Bucks County (suburban Philly). Mostly mail-ins in both places.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #965 on: November 05, 2020, 07:56:21 AM »
Mitch is the "bad cop."  He will take all the sh*t because he knows his seat is safe, and doesn't really care.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #966 on: November 05, 2020, 07:59:45 AM »
Mitch is the "bad cop."  He will take all the sh*t because he knows his seat is safe, and doesn't really care.

Correct, and he proved it on Tuesday.  Despite Democrats throwing piles of cash at some of these senate races, they came up woefully short. 

Almost as if candidates matter more than money!  Money helps, but if the candidate's platform is, "I'm not that guy" then they're going to lose.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #967 on: November 05, 2020, 08:08:48 AM »
Much of today’s Mitch McConnell types are often traced back to Newt Gingrich in the 90’s.

So what is Newt up to during the election?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #968 on: November 05, 2020, 08:20:13 AM »
Well, Trump was right about "anarchy" in American cities.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/04/us/politics/trump-supporters-protest-arizona.html

PHOENIX — More than 150 supporters of President Trump, some of them armed, gathered outside the Maricopa County election office on Wednesday and chanted “Count the vote,” as officials did just that under the protection of sheriff’s deputies.

Early results in Arizona show Joseph R. Biden Jr. in the lead, but Trump supporters believe that could change as the last votes are counted.

Keely Varvel, chief deputy recorder for Maricopa County, said counting would continue despite the protest. “We are still planning to finish up our scheduled ballot processing work and report out more results tonight,” Ms. Varvel said.

Without citing evidence, some Republicans have accused election officials of manipulating the results to indicate that Mr. Trump is losing in Maricopa County, which is home to about 60 percent of Arizona’s population.

“The only way Biden can win Arizona is through fraud,” said Jim Williams, 67, a welder who attended the protest. “I won’t accept a Biden victory. I don’t want to live under Communist rule.”

Many in the crowd were holding Trump flags, and numerous people were wielding AR-15 rifles and other firearms. Some also chanted “Fox News sucks,” reflecting their displeasure with the network’s decision on Tuesday to call Arizona for Mr. Biden, a move that some other news outlets later followed.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #969 on: November 05, 2020, 08:21:01 AM »
Georgia voters sure seem to remember 2018:

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1324115650177048577?s=19

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #970 on: November 05, 2020, 08:24:01 AM »
A couple of follow-up thoughts to Tuesday's elections:

1) The lawsuits need to stop. Judges need to ask a simple set of questions: "Do you have any credible evidence of widespread fraud that you can present to this court right now?" The lawyers will hem and haw but if the judge is firm, their answer will be "no." The second is, "Do you have any credible evidence of a violation of a voting law by a commissioner of elections in our state?" Again, hemming and hawing will be the order of the day but, the answer likely will be "no." In both cases, just dismiss the damn lawsuit and go home.

2) Believe it or not, Florida had it right on election day. After the disastrous 2016 mid-term election, Governor Ron DeSantis used his constitutional authority in our state to fire the Palm Beach County Commissioner of Elections. Broward County cleaned up their act. As a result, everything went off without a hitch. Our races were close but by 11:30 p.m., Tuesday, we knew results. What happened was that Florida counted ballots as they came in. Our County Election Commissioners allowed you to go on their website to see if they had received a ballot and if it had been counted. If it had not by election day, you go vote. Second, in most media markets, there were PSAs from County election officials outlining the rules. Those started back in May and have been broadcast ever since. Early voting started in mid-October and ended Sunday. The procedures at the polls were clear and well broadcast. Oh, and you were required to bring a government issue photo ID which had to be presented to a voting official.

3) To Brother Hoops and others who had advocated that Mr. Biden was not suffering from diminished capacity, I sure hope you're right. In fact, I pray you are. We elected a man for four years and his supporters deserve the right to have his wisdom, his visions and his hopes executed. I'm not a fan of the platform on which Mr. Biden ran and as a former Amtrak finance professional, I had some real problems with "Amtrak Joe", but assuming the expectations bear out, he will be my President. I think he's a decent man who truly cares about our country. As a Republican, I'm confident that if Mr. Biden is elected President, he'll be wheeling and dealing with the Republicans in the Senate. I think that will be good for our country.

4) If President Trump loses, and I think he will, he needs to set into the west. He needs to head down here for Mar Lago and enjoy life as a retired President. Write another darn book if you will, but do what honorable former Presidents do -- give your successor a chance. Recommended role model: George W. Bush or Jimmy Carter. The latter had a tough loss to a ideological opposite but he showed a great deal of dignity and class and exemplified the best of what our country is about.

OK, I know Item 4 aint going to happen! Item 1 probably is a lost cause too, but I can hope we rise above bitterness in this country and do something profound.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #971 on: November 05, 2020, 08:26:59 AM »
Georgia voters sure seem to remember 2018:

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1324115650177048577?s=19

They also ousted the county DA who declined to prosecute Ahmaud Arbery's killers.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #972 on: November 05, 2020, 08:27:18 AM »

PHOENIX — More than 150 supporters of President Trump, some of them armed, gathered outside the Maricopa County election office on Wednesday and chanted “Count the vote,” as officials did just that under the protection of sheriff’s deputies.

So Trump supporters are chanting "count the vote," while Trump is suing to get vote counts stopped in PA and GA. And I'll bet none of them see the irony....

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #973 on: November 05, 2020, 08:31:46 AM »
They also ousted the county DA who declined to prosecute Ahmaud Arbery's killers.

Yep, I saw that one too.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #974 on: November 05, 2020, 08:34:42 AM »
Well, Trump was right about "anarchy" in American cities.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/04/us/politics/trump-supporters-protest-arizona.html

Early results in Arizona show Joseph R. Biden Jr. in the lead, but Trump supporters believe that could change as the last votes are counted.

Keely Varvel, chief deputy recorder for Maricopa County, said counting would continue despite the protest. “We are still planning to finish up our scheduled ballot processing work and report out more results tonight,” Ms. Varvel said.

Without citing evidence, some Republicans have accused election officials of manipulating the results to indicate that Mr. Trump is losing in Maricopa County, which is home to about 60 percent of Arizona’s population.

“The only way Biden can win Arizona is through fraud,” said Jim Williams, 67, a welder who attended the protest. “I won’t accept a Biden victory. I don’t want to live under Communist rule.”

Many in the crowd were holding Trump flags, and numerous people were wielding AR-15 rifles and other firearms. Some also chanted “Fox News sucks,” reflecting their displeasure with the network’s decision on Tuesday to call Arizona for Mr. Biden, a move that some other news outlets later followed.
Even though Arizona is an open carry state, you would think legislators would pass some sort of law to keep guns away from polling places, schools etc.