[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vote!  (Read 87283 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Vote!
« Reply #900 on: November 04, 2020, 05:16:22 PM »
Trump is a lifetime grifter but my god, the Lincoln Project just pulled off the nicest grift I've ever seen

This.

Dems leaned into "never-trumpers" as a hope to be more "inclusive" to their voting base (at the expense of alienating the left). Well, trump won conservative voters more solidly than 2016.

Sheesh

MU82

• All American
« Reply #901 on: November 04, 2020, 05:16:55 PM »
I hereby claim a new Lexus from the local dealer!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #902 on: November 04, 2020, 05:19:28 PM »
This.

Dems leaned into "never-trumpers" as a hope to be more "inclusive" to their voting base (at the expense of alienating the left). Well, trump won conservative voters more solidly than 2016.

Sheesh

Yup, and people threw money at those guys because they had pretty ads and they wanted to believe that they'd make a difference.  LP guys are laughing all the way to the bank.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #903 on: November 04, 2020, 06:06:17 PM »
You can find it anywhere.  But no matter what I show you, you're going to attack the source material, attack the bias of the video, or say that things were clipped or fake.  So, I'll challenge you to do a little bit of looking on your own.  Biden of 2020 isn't the man he was even a few years ago.  Look, Jack, if Donald can get through it, I'm sure Biden will sleepwalk his way through a couple of years, but if he runs in 2024... I won't be voting for an 82 year old man.   That is stupid, and shouldn't even be on the table.

“Look, Jack” on paper implies emotion to me. You asked if my reaction was out of emotion.

I am genuine, sincere, and open minded. But you made the allegation. And you now want me to provide the evidence for it too. Why would I look for it? I haven’t seen it. It isn’t a premise I believe. Again, I would be happy to look at something.

Apples to oranges comparison for the sake of discussion. Was RBG capable of still doing her job, based on mental acuity? I believe that answer was yes by many accounts.  Was she vulnerable to
to physical challenges based on her age and medical history? Yes.

You literally had an opponent recently try to attack Biden in debates, interrupting at all times to try to rattle him because of his stutter history for two hours at a time. That didn’t go so well.

The discussion of age limits etc for various jobs is a whole other discussion. And my opinion there may be very different. But that isn’t the topic.

The discussion also isn’t how how someone is vs some time in the past. The question is does he or she have the mental acuity to do the job now. I believe that is a clear yes to many people. Always subject to change of course aa we are all day to day in life.

Lastly you mentioned 82. He is 78. We’ll take a look at 82 at 82. I am talking about today.

Feel free to show me something I am missing.Otherwise we can agree to disagree and move forward. 👍
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 06:13:52 PM by shoothoops »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #904 on: November 04, 2020, 06:16:37 PM »
“Look, Jack” on paper implies emotion to me. You asked if my reaction was out of emotion.

I am genuine, sincere, and open minded. But you made the allegation. And you now want me to provide the evidence for it too. Why would I look for it? I haven’t seen it. It isn’t a premise I believe. Again, I would be happy to look at something.

Apples to oranges comparison for the sake of discussion. Was RBG capable of still doing her job, based on mental acuity? I believe that answer was yes by many accounts.  Was she vulnerable to
to physical challenges based on her age and medical history, yes.

You literally had an opponent recently try to attack Biden in debates, interrupting at all times to try to rattle him because of his stutter history for two hours at a time. That didn’t go so well.

The discussion of age limits etc for various jobs is a whole other discussion. And my opinion there may be very different. But that isn’t the topic.

The discussion also isn’t how how someone is vs some time in the past. The question is does he or she have the mental acuity to do the job now. I believe that is a clear yes to many people. Always subject to change of course aa we are all day to day in life.

Feel free to show me something I am missing.Otherwise we can agree to disagree and move forward. 👍

Look, Jack, if you want my opinion about RGB, that's fine.  She should have retired when Obama was president.  There should be term limits for SCOTUS justices.  Furthermore, being President is FAR AND AWAY more taxing than being a SC justice.  Don't be silly.

I told you to find it so we don't have an endless discussion about other BS.  If you can't be arsed to google a couple of videos of Biden's decline then why are we even talking?  I already said that the bar that Trump set is pretty low, so just let it go if you're not willing to take a look into it.  I'm not going to sift through the videos I googled in two seconds to appease your lack of desire to do the same.

You can disagree, I really don't care.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #905 on: November 04, 2020, 06:25:34 PM »
This.

Sheesh

Regarding the Lincoln Project, I never was under the impression that their mission was to pull conservatives from Trump. That was never going to happen.
They were trying to pull moderate Republicans, R-leaning independents and conservative Democrats from Trump.
To that end, among self-identified moderates, Trump won 33 percent this year compared to 41 percent in 2016.
Among Democrats, Trump won 6 percent this year compared to 9 percent in 2016.

It would be pure speculation to suggest this was a result of the Lincoln Project. But clearly a portion of the people they were trying to sway turned on Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/exit-polls-president.html
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/politics/election-exit-polls.html

« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 06:28:59 PM by Pakuni »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #906 on: November 04, 2020, 06:46:38 PM »
Look, Jack, if you want my opinion about RGB, that's fine.  She should have retired when Obama was president.  There should be term limits for SCOTUS justices.  Furthermore, being President is FAR AND AWAY more taxing than being a SC justice.  Don't be silly.

I told you to find it so we don't have an endless discussion about other BS.  If you can't be arsed to google a couple of videos of Biden's decline then why are we even talking?  I already said that the bar that Trump set is pretty low, so just let it go if you're not willing to take a look into it.  I'm not going to sift through the videos I googled in two seconds to appease your lack of desire to do the same.

I said I would look at various things you presented. You made the allegation, I didn't. That puts the burden of proof on you, not me.  That is like saying "Such and such" ran a child trafficking ring out of the back of a pizzeria, Prove me wrong. It doesn't work that way.

Take Donald Trump. As I said he has multiple disorders. But take any random example. When Donald Trump says something such as Tim Apple, that is more likely because of a lack of preparation than lack of cognition or mental acuity, in that type of example. Things like that.

We can move on. By the way, I like the name Jack. I have had friends and relatives with that name. Jack, Jackie, Jackson. 👍

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #907 on: November 04, 2020, 06:48:14 PM »

Do you own a Feel the Bern bumper sticker, by chance? That is, after all, where the "Biden is in cognitive decline" stuff originated. Not very nice of the Bernie Bros, but they're the MAGA cap wearers of the Left, right?

Anyhow, I know it's not as powerful evidence as your casual observers and YouTube videos, but there is this:

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump may call Joe Biden “sleepy,” but the former vice president’s physician states that the 77-year-old is in good health and nowhere near slowing down.
Dr. Kevin O’Connor of The George Washington University released a three-page medical summary of Biden's health on Tuesday at the request of his patient, in which he described Biden as a “healthy, vigorous, 77-year-old male, who is fit to successfully execute the duties of the Presidency to include those as Chief Executive, Head of State and Commander in Chief.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/blog/meet-press-blog-latest-news-analysis-data-driving-political-discussion-n988541/ncrd1103456#blogHeader

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #908 on: November 04, 2020, 06:53:58 PM »
Charlie Baker & Larry Hogan are Northeast Republicans which kind of makes them Democrats anywhere else in the country.  You're right, if they somehow got through a primary they would have broad appeal.
Paul Ryan - barf, vomit - he thinks he so smart but he's not really.  A co-architect of the least popular tax bill ever.
John Kasich - I don't agree with a lot of his views but he's a sane Republican and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Biden Administration.

If I were to pick a northeast+ republican gov that would be accepted by the broader country for president, I would go Sununu. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #909 on: November 04, 2020, 06:58:43 PM »
I'm going to show my ignorance when it comes to stutters, but is it possible that the idea that "Sleepy Joe" is not all there cognitively comes from the fact that he has a stutter, but it's not an obvious stutter?  Like if you knew nothing about Joe Biden and you just heard him give a speech, I don't think you'd have a clue that he had a stutter (unless you work with have studied speech impediments or are in some way familiar with them) and there were just times he struggled to come up with a word or a phrase.  Is it possible that there are people who just didn't (or still don't) even realize Joe Biden had a stutter and then just put it in their own mind that he's losing it?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #910 on: November 04, 2020, 07:16:25 PM »
I'm going to show my ignorance when it comes to stutters, but is it possible that the idea that "Sleepy Joe" is not all there cognitively comes from the fact that he has a stutter, but it's not an obvious stutter?  Like if you knew nothing about Joe Biden and you just heard him give a speech, I don't think you'd have a clue that he had a stutter (unless you work with have studied speech impediments or are in some way familiar with them) and there were just times he struggled to come up with a word or a phrase.  Is it possible that there are people who just didn't (or still don't) even realize Joe Biden had a stutter and then just put it in their own mind that he's losing it?

Here's the thing, confusing Biden's occasional stutter with cognitive decline was and is an intentional strategic tactic by some opponents in multiple parties.

For me it is about being fair. Lying, stealing, cheating, manufacturing information etc isn't fair.

If someone wants to discuss past record or policies or actual factual things, about Biden or anyone else, that'd be fair and different.

If there was any evidence, I would say okay there appears to be some evidence here etc...but I have yet to see any.

As I mentioned before, some research shows constant interrupting and attacking can have an affect on someone with a stutter in those moments. It doesn't mean that person doesn't have mental acuity. It just means that he or she has a stutter and someone is trying to exploit that for personal gain.

Muddying the waters is an intentional strategy to sow doubt. It has been a frequent effective Trump strategy on a variety of topics. Make something up, repeat it endlessly, and some people might believe it because either they want to, or they don't take the time to learn differently.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #911 on: November 04, 2020, 07:17:12 PM »
Biden is down 46k votes in Georgia, 1%.(I have heard it is now 36k down but need to take a look soon.)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 07:19:23 PM by shoothoops »

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #912 on: November 04, 2020, 07:19:59 PM »
The conventional wisdom when JBiden debated PRyan in 2016 was that Ryan was going to clean Biden’s clock.  He did not.  Biden fared quite well.  But there was never any mention, that I recall, of any stuttering issues in his entire career until this year. 

And I believe he will be up to the task.  God willing. 
Ludum habemus.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #913 on: November 04, 2020, 07:26:19 PM »
Is he ok? I was just thinking about his insane rants a few days ago and worried he may have had a stroke/aneurism/heart attack none of which seem unlikely with how tightly he was wound up. Even if Trump pulls it out I'm worried Guru might not be there to see it.

I hope you, MU82 and Jockey are here on Election Night, I will be, and if things go as i hope/think they will...My presence will be WELL known, believe me. There will be NO mercy, none.  :D
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #914 on: November 04, 2020, 07:29:51 PM »
Has Biden suffered cognitive decline? Is he just fine? I have no idea.

But I do know this: I would rather have a humane and well–intentioned statesman in the office than a smooth-talking sociopath.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #915 on: November 04, 2020, 07:31:32 PM »
Here's the thing, confusing Biden's occasional stutter with cognitive decline was and is an intentional strategic tactic by some opponents in multiple parties.

For me it is about being fair. Lying, stealing, cheating, manufacturing information etc isn't fair.

If someone wants to discuss past record or policies or actual factual things, about Biden or anyone else, that'd be fair and different.

If there was any evidence, I would say okay there appears to be some evidence here etc...but I have yet to see any.

As I mentioned before, some research shows constant interrupting and attacking can have an affect on someone with a stutter in those moments. It doesn't mean that person doesn't have mental acuity. It just means that he or she has a stutter and someone is trying to exploit that for personal gain.

Muddying the waters is an intentional strategy to sow doubt. It has been a frequent effective Trump strategy on a variety of topics. Make something up, repeat it endlessly, and some people might believe it because either they want to, or they don't take the time to learn differently.

I agree wholeheartedly. Obviously Trump knows he has a stutter and instead of acknowledging it he tries to expose it and then explain it away as Joe losing his cognitive ability. My question is whether your average person even knows he deals with a stutter. My honest guess is that most people don’t even know it. So when he does sometimes struggle to get a certain thought out they could be viewing it with a different mindset.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #916 on: November 04, 2020, 07:36:09 PM »
Biden now down only 196k in Pennsylvania. It does not appear Pennsylvania is going to be all that close in the end, or as close as some of the others.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #917 on: November 04, 2020, 07:37:34 PM »
It's probably a combination of both, he's definitely had some "senior moments" but he also has a stutter which is likely under a microscope as well to pile on evidence that senior moments are actually full on cognitive decline
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #918 on: November 04, 2020, 07:52:25 PM »
Do you own a Feel the Bern bumper sticker, by chance? That is, after all, where the "Biden is in cognitive decline" stuff originated. Not very nice of the Bernie Bros, but they're the MAGA cap wearers of the Left, right?

Anyhow, I know it's not as powerful evidence as your casual observers and YouTube videos, but there is this:

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump may call Joe Biden “sleepy,” but the former vice president’s physician states that the 77-year-old is in good health and nowhere near slowing down.
Dr. Kevin O’Connor of The George Washington University released a three-page medical summary of Biden's health on Tuesday at the request of his patient, in which he described Biden as a “healthy, vigorous, 77-year-old male, who is fit to successfully execute the duties of the Presidency to include those as Chief Executive, Head of State and Commander in Chief.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/blog/meet-press-blog-latest-news-analysis-data-driving-political-discussion-n988541/ncrd1103456#blogHeader

Nope, didn't vote for Bernie, and bumper stickers should be called chumper stickers because they make it easy to spot the chumps.

Curious that you believe the VP's doctor, but I doubt you believe Trump's doctor.  Just sayin'.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #919 on: November 04, 2020, 07:53:39 PM »
Just a bunch of white people in Detroit demanding officials stop counting mostly black people's votes.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1324164998474727433

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #920 on: November 04, 2020, 07:54:08 PM »
I said I would look at various things you presented. You made the allegation, I didn't. That puts the burden of proof on you, not me.  That is like saying "Such and such" ran a child trafficking ring out of the back of a pizzeria, Prove me wrong. It doesn't work that way.

Take Donald Trump. As I said he has multiple disorders. But take any random example. When Donald Trump says something such as Tim Apple, that is more likely because of a lack of preparation than lack of cognition or mental acuity, in that type of example. Things like that.

We can move on. By the way, I like the name Jack. I have had friends and relatives with that name. Jack, Jackie, Jackson. 👍

I'm not asking for the moon and the stars.  Saying "Look, Jack" is just me imitating Biden.  lol

Also, I've said they both are experiencing it.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #921 on: November 04, 2020, 07:54:14 PM »
Just a bunch of white people in Detroit demanding officials stop counting mostly black people's votes.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1324164998474727433
anti democracy

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #922 on: November 04, 2020, 07:57:49 PM »
Has Biden suffered cognitive decline? Is he just fine? I have no idea.

But I do know this: I would rather have a humane and well–intentioned statesman in the office than a smooth-talking sociopath.

Absolutely.  Unequivocally.  Just trying to call an apple an apple.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #923 on: November 04, 2020, 08:02:05 PM »
Ha my favorite comment under the tweet is that they should start playing the national anthem on a loop so that the protesters will stand with their hands over their hearts.....

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #924 on: November 04, 2020, 08:11:23 PM »
Biden now down only 196k in Pennsylvania. It does not appear Pennsylvania is going to be all that close in the end, or as close as some of the others.

I hope that is true. I think Biden is still going to lose Arizona.

Pennsylvania would make that all moot.

feedback