[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vote!  (Read 87302 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Vote!
« Reply #825 on: November 04, 2020, 12:27:01 PM »
So if I am reading this right, if Biden wins AZ, WI, MI and NV, he doesn't need PA, GA or NC?  He will lose one EV in Maine, but will gain one in Nebraska.  That's 270.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #826 on: November 04, 2020, 12:36:03 PM »
So if I am reading this right, if Biden wins AZ, WI, MI and NV, he doesn't need PA, GA or NC?  He will lose one EV in Maine, but will gain one in Nebraska.  That's 270.

Correct.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #827 on: November 04, 2020, 12:39:54 PM »
The scariest thing about Trump losing, is the possibility that he can run again in 2024. 

Trump v Biden II!  The title bout that absolutely no one asked for!  Sounds so gross. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #828 on: November 04, 2020, 12:40:58 PM »
The scariest thing about Trump losing, is the possibility that he can run again in 2024.

He will not get the Republican nomination.

He has enough people brainwashed that maybe he could win as an independent!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #829 on: November 04, 2020, 12:47:05 PM »

Why wouldn't he?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #830 on: November 04, 2020, 12:49:41 PM »

Also, if Trump takes AZ, NV, and PA. And Biden flips Georgia. We have a tie.

• All American
« Reply #831 on: November 04, 2020, 12:53:55 PM »

Which means the Republicans would win because the House votes for the President, with each state's delegation counting as one vote, and the Vice President is decided by a straight vote by the Senate.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #832 on: November 04, 2020, 01:01:04 PM »

Trump v Biden II!  The title bout that absolutely no one asked for!  Sounds so gross.

I would bet substantial money neither are running in 2024 even if Biden pulls this out. Trump will stamp and shout and then move on to his own TV network or the like. He has what he needs to keep giving himself a platform and adoration.

Biden will be on the wrong side of 80 and he’s already seemed to be burned out. There is a far better chance of him stepping down before the end of his term than running for re-election

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #833 on: November 04, 2020, 01:14:18 PM »

Many of the outstanding votes in Nevada are in metro Vegas and Reno. Many of the outstanding votes in Arizona are Metro Phoenix and Tucson. Anything can happen, but these are areas where Biden is more successful. They are expected to break for Biden. Little to zero reason to believe right now that Biden will not win both Arizona and Nevada.

The expectation in Pennsylvania is that Biden will win with a higher number than DT did in 2016.

We'll see.

• All American
« Reply #834 on: November 04, 2020, 01:20:39 PM »
Trump will be 78 in 2024, and will likely need to spend the next four years cashing in on his name.  The big race will be which Republican he will deem as his successor.  (It won't be Pence.)

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #835 on: November 04, 2020, 01:22:01 PM »
I would bet substantial money neither are running in 2024 even if Biden pulls this out. Trump will stamp and shout and then move on to his own TV network or the like. He has what he needs to keep giving himself a platform and adoration.

Biden will be on the wrong side of 80 and he’s already seemed to be burned out. There is a far better chance of him stepping down before the end of his term than running for re-election

This. Plus Trump would be 78, I mean Biden clearly shows that that's a big four years in terms of energy and mental acuity
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #836 on: November 04, 2020, 01:22:37 PM »
Trump will be 78 in 2024, and will likely need to spend the next four years cashing in on his name.  The big race will be which Republican he will deem as his successor.  (It won't be Pence.)

My guess is it's the Q nut job from Georgia.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #837 on: November 04, 2020, 01:25:54 PM »

I concur.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #838 on: November 04, 2020, 01:28:12 PM »
Many of the outstanding votes in Nevada are in metro Vegas and Reno. Many of the outstanding votes in Arizona are Metro Phoenix and Tucson. Anything can happen, but these are areas where Biden is more successful. They are expected to break for Biden. Little to zero reason to believe right now that Biden will not win both Arizona and Nevada.

The expectation in Pennsylvania is that Biden will win with a higher number than DT did in 2016.

We'll see.

Re: Arizona:
Biden's lead is about 93,500 votes.
There are an estimated 450,000 votes left to be counted. So Trump needs about 328,500 of the remaining votes, i.e. 73 percent, to make up that gap. The only counties in which he's come close to that big of a margin, Mohave and Graham counties, have 96 and 94 percent of their votes in, respectively. So he's not getting much help there
Of the six counties with the most uncounted ballots, four have Biden leading: Apache (+35), Maricopa (+6), Coconino (+28) and Pima (+22).
It's not impossible for Trump to stage a comeback and win Arizona, but it sure seems a longshot.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 01:30:33 PM by Pakuni »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #839 on: November 04, 2020, 01:30:30 PM »

JWags hits the nail on the head. Trump Media Network will be up and running next year and he'll find himself much happier (I would imagine) being able to use that platform.

The 2024 election potentially could be radically different on a few levels. Assuming Biden wins, I can't see him possibly wanting a second term at his age. Pelosi is 80 right now, McConnell turns 79 in a couple months, Pence won't run in 2024. I have no idea how the ideology of America will or won't change over the next four years, but I do know that father time is undefeated.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #840 on: November 04, 2020, 01:41:10 PM »
JWags hits the nail on the head. Trump Media Network will be up and running next year and he'll find himself much happier (I would imagine) being able to use that platform.

The 2024 election potentially could be radically different on a few levels. Assuming Biden wins, I can't see him possibly wanting a second term at his age. Pelosi is 80 right now, McConnell turns 79 in a couple months, Pence won't run in 2024. I have no idea how the ideology of America will or won't change over the next four years, but I do know that father time is undefeated.

Agreed on Mitch, Nancy and Pence. 2024 will also be too late for Bernie, and possibly Warren (she'd be 75).

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #841 on: November 04, 2020, 01:42:31 PM »

Correct

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #842 on: November 04, 2020, 01:44:35 PM »
Re: Arizona:
Biden's lead is about 93,500 votes.
There are an estimated 450,000 votes left to be counted. So Trump needs about 328,500 of the remaining votes, i.e. 73 percent, to make up that gap. The only counties in which he's come close to that big of a margin, Mohave and Graham counties, have 96 and 94 percent of their votes in, respectively. So he's not getting much help there
Of the six counties with the most uncounted ballots, four have Biden leading: Apache (+35), Maricopa (+6), Coconino (+28) and Pima (+22).
It's not impossible for Trump to stage a comeback and win Arizona, but it sure seems a longshot.

Yep. I would also add that Biden is ahead roughly 71-27 percent with Hispanic voters in AZ. Huge considering the quantity of voters.

Contrast this with 55% Florida Cuban voters for Trump. And 30% Puerto Rican Florida voters voted for Trump.

Wisconsin was 77-22 percent Hispanic voters for Biden. Colorado was 73-24 percent Hispanic voters for Biden.

One can see that Hispanic voters vary across the country.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #843 on: November 04, 2020, 01:46:32 PM »

We'll see.

From what I read in Pennsylvania, the absentee ballots being counted were about 75%+ for Biden and they expect the trend to hold.  If holds then Biden wins PA by well over 100,000+ votes.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #844 on: November 04, 2020, 01:52:11 PM »

And Trump and his entourage will most likely be investigated for various corruption charges (those not already charged) and he won't have executive privilege to hide behind nor an Attorney General covering him up. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #845 on: November 04, 2020, 01:55:02 PM »
There's always a tweet.

@EricTrump
The Sad Truth: The Cost Of Stein/Clinton's #Wisconsin Vote Recount Could Have Saved At Least 5,000 Children's Lives
3:01pm · 4 Dec 2016

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #846 on: November 04, 2020, 02:05:07 PM »
Even Scott Walker is essentially saying a recount in Wisconsin would be a waste of time.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #847 on: November 04, 2020, 02:16:27 PM »
I'm going to put a rational conservative spin on the whole thing, if you folks promise not to shoot me!

1) Trump's only hope is to carry Nevada and maintain his leads in Pennsylvania, Georgia and Florida. Possible but not easy and certainly less than likely given where the votes probably are.

2) Mr. Biden, at best, is a one-termer. His mental acuity does not appear to be what it once was and I'm frightened that he won't make it through his entire term. If he does and he maintains the effort he did when he was Vice President, we have the potential for a new era of collaborative politics. Something we haven't seen since the Clinton era. If Ms. Harris becomes President, many of us conservatives will have severe indigestion.

3) The GOP's probable retention of the Senate means coalition government is a MUST. Coupled with a conservative Supreme Court likely to look askance on excessive Executive Actions, I'm hopeful that the result will be more of a brake on unilateral executive action and more of an effort to go back to Washington horsetrading. I see a divided legislature as a blessing (as it was during the Reagan and Clinton administrations).

4) The fact that a candidate as flawed and divisive as Donald Trump is drove the Democrats to defeat in 2016 and may get within an eyelash of doing it again in 2020 should tell the Democrats that they need to come back from the edge and move more toward the needs and expectations of every American. Had Bernie been nominated, the Orange One would have ended up back in the White House and we wouldn't be worried as I write this about Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Georgia! Really, we would not be. Middle America is still out there and it aint going away. Not now, nor when the Millennials age.

5) One of the most frustrating elements of the Republican party is its inability to reach out to African-Americans, most Hispanics, gay and lesbian people and others. Look, conservatives have a good story, when they sell it right. And most of us agree with the notion of compassion for our fellow man and woman. But how many African Americans have been asked for their vote by the Republicans? Honestly? Donald Trump, when he wasn't aggravating people, started down this path four years ago. He turned back almost as fast as he headed down it. Conservatives -- and nonconservative Republicans -- have to sell the notion that our capitalistic ideas and commitment to rising the tide will help everyone, regardless of color, religion orientation or anything else. It's OK to embrace Conservative Christians but you do so by reminding them that God commanded us to love our neighbor as ourselves! Not to be self-centered or bigoted.

6) The GOP has to move past its excessive focus on guns. Defend the second amendment, OK. But this irrational fixation on guns does relatively little good.

7) A final thought -- If The Donald is truly vanquished, it opens the way for a new breed of GOPers. You're up Nikki Haley!

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #848 on: November 04, 2020, 02:23:52 PM »
TUCKER CARLSON!!!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #849 on: November 04, 2020, 02:25:27 PM »
For the most part, I was with you until #7. Want nothing to do with Haley or anyone that worked in this administration.