[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vote!  (Read 87292 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Vote!
« Reply #675 on: November 02, 2020, 08:57:33 PM »
The left has been rioting in our cities for months. Sure, there are crazies on the right, but how much destruction have they wreaked in Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, etc., etc., etc.?

None of which has shown the audacity that trying to kidnap a governor has. And need I remind you this is not the first or second crazy right wing organized attack/attempt.

Look if we're both going to compare our dregs of the party i stand with Antifa, a loosely organized at best group of people who are against racism and fascism and bring bats and the like, I also side with a "Marxist organization" because you can't separate the movement and org. A few crazy murders like that lady MU had the brief mural of. And probably some other awful corrupt unions & politicians (apparently not the right ones since it seems the police unions and fire unions are now terrible.)

On your dregs side it's with Proud Boys, Hutaree, Boogaloos, Timothy Mcveigh, some people who have been show to have instigated portions of the riots you bring up, the the guys trying to kidnap a governor, harassing a campaign bus trying to run it off the road, anti maskers, Eric Allport, and a nut job who ran a peaceful protestor over at a rally.

Which is truly a deplorable crowd to be associated with? I personally commend the brave republicans against trump who stay true to moral values and don't find false equivalencies to sleep at night.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 09:30:38 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #676 on: November 02, 2020, 08:58:37 PM »
The left has been rioting in our cities for months. Sure, there are crazies on the right, but how much destruction have they wreaked in Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, etc., etc., etc.?

Why, those crazies are practically harmless!

A new database of nearly 900 politically motivated attacks and plots in the United States since 1994 includes just one attack staged by an anti-fascist that led to fatalities. In that case, the single person killed was the perpetrator.
Over the same time period, American white supremacists and other rightwing extremists have carried out attacks that left at least 329 victims dead, according to the database.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/27/us-rightwing-extremists-attacks-deaths-database-leftwing-antifa

White supremacists and other like-minded groups have committed a majority of the terrorist attacks in the United States this year, according to a report by a security think tank that echoed warnings made by the Department of Homeland Security this month.
The report, published Thursday by the Center for Strategic and International Studies, found that white supremacist groups were responsible for 41 of 61 “terrorist plots and attacks” in the first eight months of this year, or 67 percent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/24/us/domestic-terrorist-groups.html

The Department of Homeland Security warned on Tuesday that violent white supremacy was the “most persistent and lethal threat in the homeland” in an annual assessment that a former intelligence chief had accused the agency of withholding in deference to President Trump.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/06/us/politics/homeland-security-white-supremacists-russia.html

Between 1994 and 2020, there were 893 terrorist attacks and plots in the United States. Overall, right-wing terrorists perpetrated the majority—57 percent—of all attacks and plots during this period, compared to 25 percent committed by left-wing terrorists, 15 percent by religious terrorists, 3 percent by ethnonationalists, and 0.7 percent by terrorists with other motives.
https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-terrorism-problem-united-states

Seriously, Lenny, it's time to leave the Fox News bubble,. or whatever bubble you've been living in these past 7-8 months. It's warping your brain.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 09:01:22 PM by Pakuni »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #677 on: November 02, 2020, 09:02:19 PM »
Because that’s just like shooting cops, looting and burning down businesses, right?

But, but, what about a highway being shut down? Weak sauce whataboutism.

Wait. You mean the stuff that right extremists are on trial for?

Oh.

Also, no whataboutism here. Conservatives cried when people shut down highways in protest for equality in America. Now that they’re shutting down highways to suppress votes it’s all good, apparently.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #678 on: November 02, 2020, 09:18:04 PM »
Wait. You mean the stuff that right extremists are on trial for?

Oh.

Also, no whataboutism here. Conservatives cried when people shut down highways in protest for equality in America. Now that they’re shutting down highways to suppress votes it’s all good, apparently.

Not only did I not “cry“ about peaceful protests, I (and every Conservative I know) supported the protesters rights. When cops started getting attacked or shot, when businesses were burned and looted (and the “peaceful protesters” defended the destruction and looting as “reparations” that were justified) - and we heard crickets from folks like you and the “these are mostly peaceful protests, nothing to see here” media- you lost us.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #679 on: November 02, 2020, 09:18:50 PM »
99,719,397 people have voted before election day.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #680 on: November 02, 2020, 09:21:01 PM »

Not only did I not “cry“ about peaceful protests, I (and every Conservative I know) supported the protesters rights. When cops started getting attacked or shot, when businesses were burned and looted (and the “peaceful protesters” defended the destruction and looting as “reparations” that were justified) - and we heard crickets from folks like you and the “these are mostly peaceful protests, nothing to see here” media- you lost us.

Yes. They were mainly peaceful protests. They usually turned into looting when the far right extremists showed up. Then murder occurred and we found our new national hero.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #681 on: November 02, 2020, 09:22:26 PM »
Given the opportunity to condemn terrorists who plotted to kidnap, torture and kill the governor of a U.S. state, the president of the United States instead criticized the intended victim.

I mean, talk about a sentence that perfectly captures what this “law and order” president stands for.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #682 on: November 02, 2020, 09:25:58 PM »
Right wing extremists are out there killing people - including cops - and Lenny is outraged because a Wendy's got torched and the Apple store got looted.
Interesting priorities.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #683 on: November 02, 2020, 09:29:00 PM »
Trump supporters have plotted the kidnapping of more than one governor because they have to wear masks, crossed state boarders with an assault rifle where they have wound up murdering two people, intentionally blended in with peaceful protests to start rioting and looting, started parades of pickup trucks that go around surrounding people with BLM signs on their car or buses that have Biden Harris signs on them, but thank god we only have to worry about unrest if Sleepy Joe loses. MAGAs aren’t violent in the least bit.

Oh and just about every one of these situations has come with (at least) a Tweet of support from 45. Excellent. No way there will be unrest from MAGAs if 45 doesn’t win. The inclusive, welcoming, friendly group of folks will clap for Joe Biden’s well deserved win as 45 gracefully steps down, I have no doubt about it now.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease Lenny.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 09:33:08 PM by BLM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #684 on: November 02, 2020, 10:08:35 PM »

Like the looting and destruction of the precinct in Minnesota, and many of the businesses, that were later proven to be caused by right-wing extremists trying to create violence and terror.

Or Proud Boys and Boogaloo going to Portland, and Seattle to instigate violence and cause destruction?

If you think places are boarded up just because of people on the left, you are not seeing the big picture.

And remember, only one presidential candidate told militant right-wing groups to stand by, and has touted the fact that there will be violence if they count all the votes and deprive him of his election.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 10:51:12 PM by forgetful »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #685 on: November 02, 2020, 10:14:35 PM »
And remember, only one presidential candidate told militant right-wing groups to stand by, and has touted the fact that there will be violence if they count all the votes and deprive him of his election.

And remember, only one presidential candidate said he opposed violence and looting by everybody, and challenged the other to do the same ... and the other wouldn't do it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #686 on: November 02, 2020, 10:15:59 PM »

Like the looting and destruction of the precinct in Minnesota, and many of the businesses, that were later proven to be caused by right-wing extremists trying to create violence and terror.

Yep.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/23/texas-boogaloo-boi-minneapolis-police-building-george-floyd

https://m.startribune.com/charges-boogaloo-bois-fired-on-mpls-precinct-shouted-justice-for-floyd/572843802/

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #687 on: November 02, 2020, 10:17:46 PM »
Right wing extremists are out there killing people - including cops - and Lenny is outraged because a Wendy's got torched and the Apple store got looted.
Interesting priorities.

Left wing extremists:”what do we want? Dead cops! When do we want ‘em? Now!” Cops ambushed, cops shot in their squad cars, etc. - lots of “Missions accomplished!”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #688 on: November 02, 2020, 10:27:54 PM »
Left wing extremists:”what do we want? Dead cops! When do we want ‘em? Now!” Cops ambushed, cops shot in their squad cars, etc. - lots of “Missions accomplished!”

What you describe, Tony ... I wish folks wouldn't riot or loot, because I believe it is usually counterproductive to their own cause.

However ...

One problem is that every time there is any violence anywhere, some folks immediately scream about left-wing radicals, antifa, BLM, "anarchists," etc. They never even CONSIDER that it could be right-wing agitators. And certainly their leader -- whose job description is that he is supposed to be the president for ALL Americans -- does not consider it.

Even after the police or FBI or other law enforcement confirm something has been done by right-wing terrorists, those folks don't want to believe it and continue to push that all violence in all cities is being done by leftists or Marxists or "thugs" (to use a racist code word).

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #689 on: November 02, 2020, 10:31:38 PM »

You're more concerned about left extremists who talk about dead cops than right wing extremists who actually kill cops.
Like I said, interesting priorities.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #690 on: November 02, 2020, 10:35:02 PM »

The chant you are referring to refers to a chant by 15 people in 2014, that was disavowed by everyone, on all sides.

Boogaloo has been gunning down police officers this year, with the admitted goal of trying to blame it on BLM and left-wing protesters.

I'm not saying there isn't left-wing violence.

Just indicating that if you are not aware of the massive problem of right-wing extremism, that the FBI and intelligence agencies saying is the number 1 cause of domestic violence and extremism/terror.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 10:50:37 PM by forgetful »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #691 on: November 02, 2020, 10:46:25 PM »

Thanks for putting my mind at ease Lenny.

You’re welcome.

As you (and all other Scoopers) know, I am not in any way, shape or form a Trump supporter. But I am an avowed capitalist who leans right on most issues. As “non political” Scoop has become uber political and devolved into a mostly left wing echo chamber, those sort of ideas are decidedly unwelcome here. I’ll get out of the way (as many others have generally done) so that Scoop can get one step closer to becoming MSNBC North. Not quite the “Duke North” that you promised, but whatever.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #692 on: November 02, 2020, 10:49:59 PM »
You’re welcome.

As you (and all other Scoopers) know, I am not in any way, shape or form a Trump supporter. But I am an avowed capitalist who leans right on most issues. As “non political” Scoop has become uber political and devolved into a mostly left wing echo chamber, those sort of ideas are decidedly unwelcome here. I’ll get out of the way (as many others have generally done) so that Scoop can get one step closer to becoming MSNBC North. Not quite the “Duke North” that you promised, but whatever.

Lenny, just for the record. I was not trying to attack you for your statements. Just presenting other evidence, that you may or may not been aware of.

I hope you don't "get out of the way". I think people speaking their mind is important and helpful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #693 on: November 02, 2020, 11:00:44 PM »
It would be a shame if Lenny or any other Scooper left simply because he was presented with the facts. And it’s a shame when simply stating the facts is viewed as “political.“

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #694 on: November 02, 2020, 11:07:13 PM »
Lenny can come and go as he pleases, but I hope he sticks around.
At least long enough to explain what pointing out the violence of right wing extremists has to do with capitalism and MSNBC.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #695 on: November 03, 2020, 12:10:21 AM »

Lenny, living in Portland, having seen my wife’s office building badly vandalized Saturday night by Antifa groups during their “capitalism is scary” riot, and being honestly worried about violence from left wing groups tomorrow night, understand that these people are extremist anarchists. They do not support Joe Biden nor the Democratic Party. They are radicals. However, the white supremacy groups and the militias are not only open and proud Trump supporters, but Trump openly encourages them.

It’s not binary. Those of us left of center can condemn all violent groups, not lower ourselves to “yeah, but they did this” to defend one side.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #696 on: November 03, 2020, 04:50:32 AM »
I’m pretty sure they are boarding up buildings because of extremists and not those sincerely interested in the political or governance process.  It’s profoundly sad that this is occurring in America and that the leader of the country is encouraging some and confronting other fringe groups with selfish intent and not for the good of us all. 

The fact that ‘all sides’ are trying to put these people on a team is even sadder.  I hope everyone stays safe today if you still have to exercise your right to vote.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #697 on: November 03, 2020, 05:13:49 AM »
Cliven Bundy.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #698 on: November 03, 2020, 06:08:54 AM »
Revoking birthright citizenship? Yes.
Having Obergfell overturned (a promise made by Justice Stepford), invalidating gay marriages? Yes
Continuing to ignore COVID and implementing herd immunity? Yes (which affects those of us in Higher Ed).
Where did she promise she would overturn this? She has always stated she will not bring her personal beliefs into her decisions. And BTW, your Justice Stepford is not original, and crap like that is what keeps people divided.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #699 on: November 03, 2020, 06:28:18 AM »
You’re welcome.

Aka I’ll claim only the left incites violence in this country, then when court cases are brought up show it’s actually the extreme right causing violence and destruction I’ll talk about a chant (oh no!) and take my ball and go home, rather than reflecting on what’s really happening in America because it challenges the views I’ve always held that have always benefitted me.

Not your fault. Everyone else’s for being an echo chamber.