[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vote!  (Read 87281 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Vote!
« Reply #225 on: October 28, 2020, 08:18:07 AM »
I just want to make sure I understand your position: Lying is bad, really, really bad, and no one should vote for candidate the lies, is that correct?

Absolutely hysterical that 45 is able to brainwash people like this.  The things that have been staring them in the face with 45 are now becoming issues with our political leaders in this country?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #226 on: October 28, 2020, 08:29:02 AM »
The need for people to not admit they were wrong, or to justify why they are going to act how they will act, is a strong one.

At least people who say say "F*ck it.  I don't care about any of that.  I want to own the libs." is being more consistent than someone who looks at the speck of sawdust in their brother’s eye and pays no attention to the plank in their own.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #227 on: October 28, 2020, 08:43:24 AM »

The downside of this is we get bombarded with outright misrepresentations, lies, nonsense and glittering generalities on television. 24 hours a day of silly political ads. Would you guys PLEASE spend you money someplace else???!!!!

like that only happens in FL?

I can't wait for regular ads to return next week lol

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #228 on: October 28, 2020, 08:57:01 AM »
Pretty sure Scoop's second-most grammatically challenged plaque scraper is just trolling at this point.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #229 on: October 28, 2020, 09:17:28 AM »
I don't think the strategy of limiting those who can vote, making it harder for people to vote, and putting limits on how and when votes can be counted, is a long-term winner.

Eventually broadening your appeal is going to have to be the way to grow your party.

Yep.
This sums up where Trump has put the GOP:

@JimVandeHei
🚨 Trump’s GOP relies almost exclusively on a shrinking demographic (white men), living in shrinking areas (small, rural towns), creating a reliance on people with shrinking incomes (white workers without college degrees) to survive.

https://www.axios.com/republican-voters-rural-suburbs-future-trump-38bd5273-7584-4d69-834d-dc4d9e3c8ac8.html

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #230 on: October 28, 2020, 09:20:39 AM »
Yep.
This sums up where Trump has put the GOP:

@JimVandeHei
🚨 Trump’s GOP relies almost exclusively on a shrinking demographic (white men), living in shrinking areas (small, rural towns), creating a reliance on people with shrinking incomes (white workers without college degrees) to survive.

https://www.axios.com/republican-voters-rural-suburbs-future-trump-38bd5273-7584-4d69-834d-dc4d9e3c8ac8.html

And weirdly dentists seem to be a big portion of those demographics. Even beyond scoop.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #231 on: October 28, 2020, 09:25:19 AM »
The liberal playbook just before a general election is to lie about their positions so they don’t expose themselves as the radicals they are.  Biden’s already lied about not wanting to ban fracking, even though he’s on record proclaiming he wants to do exactly that, and he’s had to walk back his debate pledge to kill the oil industry.  So why he’s not following suit about his position on packing the court is surprising because lying is what he does.  And that’s solely why I brought that point up.

At least you admit the left wants an activist judiciary.  You may not like arguments why liberal ideas you like aren’t constitutional, but that is not our sides version of judicial activism.  The duty of The Supreme Court is to interpret and uphold our Constitution, not blindly follow legal precedent that goes against our Constitution.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/sep/01/joe-biden/fact-checkin-joe-biden-pa-his-fracking-policy/
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2020, 10:06:05 AM »
You now have a Big Guy who's a traitor and sold out the U.S.A. for personal gain. Bobulinski is the 2020 version of Monica's blue dress, aina?

AND, NO ONE COVERED THE STORY except fox news.  this is exactly why i continue to say "journalism" is dead.  people don't realize that if they can withhold this from the public, what else can they/do they withhold.  are they telling the american people the truth?  all i ask is that everything is presented so people can make an informed choice based on their belief system
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2020, 10:17:50 AM »

AND, NO ONE COVERED THE STORY except fox news.  this is exactly why i continue to say "journalism" is dead.  people don't realize that if they can withhold this from the public, what else can they/do they withhold.  are they telling the american people the truth?  all i ask is that everything is presented so people can make an informed choice based on their belief system

The news division of Fox passed on the story.  The Wall Street Journal went through Bobulinski’s claims and shrugged their shoulders.

Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2020, 10:18:22 AM »
Yeah butt, Biden will bring honor and stability to the presidency. He such a nice man. Devoted his entire life's work to the American people, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #235 on: October 28, 2020, 10:19:00 AM »
Yeah butt, Biden will bring honor and stability to the presidency. He such a nice man. Devoted his entire life's work to the American people, hey?

Yup
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #236 on: October 28, 2020, 10:23:09 AM »

Agreed.

What is Trump hiding by withholding his tax returns from the public?  Is he telling the American people the truth?  I'd love to make an informed choice based on my belief system, but I haven't been presented with the information I need.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #237 on: October 28, 2020, 10:26:31 AM »
Only 43% of Philadelphia USPS first class mail is being delivered on time.

https://twitter.com/Dan_F_Jacobson/status/1321466466244403201?s=19

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #238 on: October 28, 2020, 10:29:13 AM »

Simple question: Do you believe Fox News to be fair, unbiased and properly fact checked news?
Maigh Eo for Sam

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #239 on: October 28, 2020, 10:42:11 AM »
Biden will never fulfill his term. Since it is evident he isn't physically or mentally capable, he's merely an electable conduit for the Squad and other radicals. He'll take their deal and buyout, Harris becomes da Prez and the U.S. and all it fought for and stands for, is flushed forever more, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2020, 10:44:21 AM »

The conservative-leaning, Rupert Murdoch-owned Wall Street Journal covered the story.
And determined it was false.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hunter-bidens-ex-business-partner-alleges-father-knew-about-venture-11603421247

The notion that media organizations are somehow obliged to report every
scurrilous allegation, crackpot theory and baseless conspiracy theory - facts be damned - is about the dumbest thing posted in this thread. And that's quite an accomplishment.

Four years ago, every major media organization - from the Times to the Post to CNN - took a pass on reporting the Steele dossier just before the election because it couldn't be supported.
Do you believe they should have put it out there anyhow?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2020, 10:47:19 AM »
Biden will never fulfill his term. Since it is evident he isn't physically or mentally capable, he's merely an electable conduit for the Squad and other radicals. He'll take their deal and buyout, Harris becomes da Prez and the U.S. and all it fought for and stands for, is flushed forever more, hey?

Been hitting the nitrous oxide a bit hard lately? Or is this something Q told you?
People who actually believe any of this are in no position to question the mental acuity of others.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #242 on: October 28, 2020, 10:48:02 AM »
The conservative-leaning, Rupert Murdoch-owned Wall Street Journal covered the story.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hunter-bidens-ex-business-partner-alleges-father-knew-about-venture-11603421247

Right.  This is actually a great example of how journalism ISN'T dead.  People looked at the story, determined it didn't hold up to facts, and didn't report it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 10:49:39 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2020, 10:52:53 AM »

Come' on, MAN  8-)
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2020, 10:56:37 AM »

scurrilous allegation, crackpot theory and baseless conspiracy theory - facts be damned - is about the dumbest thing posted in this thread. And that's quite an accomplishment.

Four years ago, every major media organization - from the Times to the Post to CNN - took a pass on reporting the Steele dossier just before the election because it couldn't be supported.

I can't believe the fake news media has covered up Pizzagate for this long.  Terrifying.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2020, 11:02:53 AM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2020, 11:05:26 AM »
Removed. Not worth it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 12:51:33 PM by forgetful »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2020, 11:11:15 AM »

but they continued to report russiarussiarussia without any substantiation for over 3 years.  what is happening is NEWS regardless.  your post pakman is beyond comprehension.  what you are saying is exactly what has been happening for years except it is more blatant now.  they have been reporting "facts be damned" on things they want(anti trump) and not reporting ANYTHING on biden except what flavor ice cream he picked out.  they get some tough questions and their heads explode.  why not ask uncle joe about mr bobolinski?  when he has responded with another smear and russian disinformation campaign, that is another whopper

just saying, if we allow the media to censor their reporting, we've all lost our checks and balances.   
don't...don't don't don't don't

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2020, 11:17:36 AM »
just saying, if we allow the media to censor their reporting, we've all lost our checks and balances.

So you're mad that the media isn't reporting on a story that has been proven false? Got it.
Answer my question ... should the media have reported on the Steele Dossier before the 2016 election? Or were you OK with them censoring their reporting then?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #249 on: October 28, 2020, 11:25:07 AM »

AND, NO ONE COVERED THE STORY except fox news. 
And you still can't understand why.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback