'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU 9th in ESPN Poll  (Read 9759 times)

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: MU 9th in ESPN Poll
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 03:51:45 PM »
Sounds like a cardboard box and one defense to me.

Lol...can't wait for the weekend of Feb 17  ;D

Getting slow over here.. I read COS' post at least 7 times trying to figure out what he was talking about.. didn't get it until rocky posted..  :D man.. do you even remember the recipe?  Frangelico and something... tequila?
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2006, 04:25:47 PM »
As great as we looked against Duke and Texas Tech, i don't see how we can be ranked higher than OSU, Florida, Pitt and Kansas.  Those teams are definitely a notch above ours so I don't think we will get any first place votes.

How are those teams "definitely a notch above ours"?  I don't think this has been established yet.. by ANY team.  Florida was viewed as untouchable by many yet they dropped 4 places themselves even though they played a very close game to a highly regarded top-10 ranked kansas team (and lost).  I thoroughly expect a good and fairly evenly matched game vs. Pitt -  no disrespect to them but I have no significant basis of comparison between the teams to expect otherwise.  Do you have any reasoning behind your "notch above" comment?

Please note that this is NOT a hostile challenge response but rather a search for insight in that realm as I know I am traditionally optimistic about the teams I root for.  You can't just make a statement like that without backing it up...  ;D

No hostility taken just good discussion.  I look at Florida and their roster and what they accomplished last year and they are just a better rounded team than ours.  Good guard play and great frontcourt.  They win 8 out of 10 games against us.  Kansas might have lost to Oral Roberts but they looked scary good against Florida.  Julian Wright is a monster.  Again I think they are a better rounded team than ours.  Pitt is closer to us than Florida and Kansas but I love their front court.  They have great talent on that team and I would lay down money that they would beat us more times than they would lose to us.  Ohio State I have not seen but I have bought into the talent that Matta has accumulated.  Player for player the majority of theirs is way more highly regarded than ours from top to bottom.  Oden is a beast and when he actually plays everyone will see that he is the most dominant big man in college hoops.

We have a good team but not number 1.  I will be thrilled beyond all belief if we finish top 10. 

That is just my opinion but we have only beaten one top 25 team to date and Duke was not and rightfully so considered a legit contender for the title.  Also we did almost lose to Id. St.  A Wisconsin win would be 2 top 25 victories but I still don't think we should be receiving number 1 votes at that point in time.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2006, 04:28:42 PM »
fair enough...
I just wish we were playing more of those top 3-4 teams sometime this season to get a decent look-see at how we stack up  ;D  either way, it's a heck of a season and just getting started!
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2006, 04:32:37 PM »
Oh we'll know where we stand halfway through conference play.  I'm just hoping for a very solid road win tonight.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2006, 04:33:48 PM »
Oh we'll know where we stand halfway through conference play.  I'm just hoping for a very solid road win tonight.

hear hear!!

DoubleMU0609

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 04:44:44 PM »
Sounds like a cardboard box and one defense to me.

Lol...can't wait for the weekend of Feb 17  ;D

Getting slow over here.. I read COS' post at least 7 times trying to figure out what he was talking about.. didn't get it until rocky posted..  :D man.. do you even remember the recipe?  Frangelico and something... tequila?

Sounds like there's a story here... ;)  Maybe a blog post or wiki entry???

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 05:11:47 PM »
Sounds like there's a story here... ;)  Maybe a blog post or wiki entry???

I hate it when too many inside jokes are posted, so I'll share the short version of the story.  Cos, Spiral and I were throwing some dice at Hegarty's last year during the weekend of the GTown and Pitt matchup. Twenty-One Aces I think was the game.  Some nasty shots were created by the #7 roller, the most creative of which was given the name "the box" shot, because it surprisingly tastes just like you ate a cardboard box (honestly...it's crazy).  It's mostly tequila, topped with frangelico if you ever want to try it.

Or maybe we'll organize a MUScoop dice game when we're in town for the UL / 'Nova games and get lots of people to join in  ;D

feedback