'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Would Diamond Stone be a 1 and done?  (Read 33693 times)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Re: Would Diamond Stone be a 1 and done?
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2014, 02:19:15 PM »
I know plenty.  Out of respect for the family, the kid and the recruiting process I choose not to disclose any information that ultimately could hurt any of the people or processes I listed.  Saying what I said about him originally was the most respectful way I could put my concerns.  If me saying that he may not reach his potential because of his attitude is too negative, perhaps we should just shut down scoop all together.  If you don't like it don't read it. 
Marquette basketball will continue to be successful with or without DS.  My  hope is with.

Buzz clearly wants Stone. It would be a program changing commit if he pulled the trigger for MU. Why write something in a public forum that could potentially undermine that?  Even if it's only a 0.0001% chance that it affects anything? I think that's the point.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2014, 02:19:40 PM »
I thought Vander decommitted because details of a private meeting regarding academics were leaked by someone on the UW side?

Did you read the article?  It has direct quotes from Vander.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2014, 02:22:01 PM »
I know plenty.  Out of respect for the family, the kid and the recruiting process I choose not to disclose any information that ultimately could hurt any of the people or processes I listed.  Saying what I said about him originally was the most respectful way I could put my concerns.  If me saying that he may not reach his potential because of his attitude is too negative, perhaps we should just shut down scoop all together.  If you don't like it don't read it. 
Marquette basketball will continue to be successful with or without DS.  My  hope is with.

So you went from some random statement about watching him play and commenting on his demeanor on the court, to "I know plenty."  Well...OK.

BenCat12

• Team Captain
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2014, 02:35:07 PM »

So you went from some random statement about watching him play and commenting on his demeanor on the court, to "I know plenty."  Well...OK.
Says the message board police man.  The point is I didn't say anything all that negative and I went on to say how I still hope we land him.  Shame on me. ::)

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2014, 02:36:09 PM »
Mods can we lock this thread? I feel like its going nowhere good... sort of regret starting it.

Maybe we can at least get back to the original topic?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2014, 02:39:17 PM »
Says the message board police man.  The point is I didn't say anything all that negative and I went on to say how I still hope we land him.  Shame on me. ::)

Why are you so defensive about it?  I accurately quoted your first post, and summarized your second.

And I most certainly don't want to be a policeman about anything.  I have not reported your post to the mods or anything.  Feel free to say whatever you want to say.  I will exercise the same right however.

BenCat12

• Team Captain
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2014, 02:45:18 PM »

Why are you so defensive about it?  I accurately quoted your first post, and summarized your second.

And I most certainly don't want to be a policeman about anything.  I have not reported your post to the mods or anything.  Feel free to say whatever you want to say.  I will exercise the same right however.
I don't want to get into personal attacks.  You questioned my comments and credibility, knowing full well there is no way to prove them without disclosing the information I know.  The op wanted opinions on DS, I gave mine, the end. 

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2014, 03:03:01 PM »
Did you read the article?  It has direct quotes from Vander.
Sorry I was unclear. 

The Badger boards lit up because someone inside the program leaked info from a private meeting to Erick the Red and the other Badger azzhats.

My point is an insider leaked, and that was what really caused him to leave.  I think he proved to be a tough minded player at MU, and normal internet chatter wouldn't have chased him away.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2014, 03:18:53 PM »
I don't want to get into personal attacks.  You questioned my comments and credibility, knowing full well there is no way to prove them without disclosing the information I know.  The op wanted opinions on DS, I gave mine, the end. 

I questioned your comments.

I did not question your credibility.

feedback