Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Would you have a press conference to announce you're going to Marquette?!?  (Read 2727 times)

Wade for President

• All American
Just got a bad vibe on this all of a sudden...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
I did.

AZFBAT

larrym

• Starter
I'm listening to Tony Smith on the radio right now.  He held a press conference during the 85-86 season to announce he was going to Marquette.

SqueallyDRyan

• Starter
it is really not that uncommon. a couple of my friends had a press conference in high school to say where they were going to play soccer. and nobody really cares about soccer. so it doesn't seem that uncommon to me
It's not the size of your Diener; its how you use it

mwbauer7

• All American
Its a big deal because he is the #1 prospect from IL. People in IL want to know where he's going. It probably wasn't his idea to have it on CSN.

mufan924

• Starter
  • we are marquette
lol you make a great point
"it's over...it's been over" -George Carlin

superfan1387

the tip off dinner is in chicago tomorrow night. maybe iman is going to make this decision while coach crean is in town.

The Lens

• All American
TC is supposed to be in NYC right now for a MU Circle Dinner.  I would imagine his cellphone is not being silenced during the dinner / speeches.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Dry White Toast

• Starter
I DID have a presser to announce I was going to MU.  I don't play a major sport, nor am I famous...so it wasn't well attended.  Just me actually.  But it's always fun to have a press conference.

In other news, I'll be taking a dump later.  A press conference to discuss the details will immediately follow.

bs4173

• Team Captain
Yeah, when a girl from my high school (nearby in Milwaukee suburbs) announced she was playing soccer for MU, her "press release" at the high school was picked up by the local news later that night. If she was on tv, I can't imagine why Shumpert wouldn't be televised.

I don't see why it matters what school Shumpert chooses as much as it is just a big deal because he is such an important prospect, especially for those in IL.

MUshrooms

• Starter
Re: Would you have a press conference to announce you're going to Marquette?!?
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 06:13:09 PM »
HA!

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 06:14:26 PM »
I DID have a presser to announce I was going to MU.  I don't play a major sport, nor am I famous...so it wasn't well attended.  Just me actually.  But it's always fun to have a press conference.

In other news, I'll be taking a dump later.  A press conference to discuss the details will immediately follow.

Will you be taking questions or just giving a statement?

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 06:16:10 PM »

we can't just take your word for it, we need a link!
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Dry White Toast

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 06:17:06 PM »
Of course I'll take questions.  I'm an open book.  I can't expect fans of mine, my dumps, or the program to be truly engaged unless I let them in.  Just try to be orderly.  I'll get to everyone, I promise.