'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: No Athletic Events if No Students on Campus BE  (Read 23233 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: No Athletic Events if No Students on Campus BE
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2020, 03:09:37 PM »
It is a debunked conspiracy theory.

Debunked by who?? Who you want to believe?? I gave you a well sourced fact that this is happening, and she's in a high enough position that she sees numbers and has contacts in many different hospitals across the country. This is a real life thing that is happening whether you want to believe it or not. Not only that but I heard a national radio guy say a couple of days ago that he had two relatives die from what they "labeled" covid-19, but said he knows for a fact that isn't what they died from. Quite frankly it's disgusting and abhorrent that people would go to these extremes to push an agenda, but the world we live in now, it's filled with agenda driven people that have HATE for one individual and will do anything to try to take him down. FACT.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2020, 03:22:02 PM »
Debunked by who?? Who you want to believe?? I gave you a well sourced fact that this is happening, and she's in a high enough position that she sees numbers and has contacts in many different hospitals across the country. This is a real life thing that is happening whether you want to believe it or not. Not only that but I heard a national radio guy say a couple of days ago that he had two relatives die from what they "labeled" covid-19, but said he knows for a fact that isn't what they died from. Quite frankly it's disgusting and abhorrent that people would go to these extremes to push an agenda, but the world we live in now, it's filled with agenda driven people that have HATE for one individual and will do anything to try to take him down. FACT.
Because it is the new spin being put forth to try to adjust for the bad response. It is a known fact that it is next course of action. Actually since the first cases are now traced to January and there was a surge in pneumonia deaths in many areas they might revise and test for the virus accordingly. And it is easy to debunk the theory. Go look at normal death rates and what is happening, there is a huge spike. We will have near 100k dead by end of May and around 200k by August. And I did deal with that certain individual late 80's and early 90's.
Goal is National Championship

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2020, 03:22:06 PM »

You didn’t answer this question before. How do you explain the refrigerated trucks in New York if the death count is exaggerated?  Do you think a bunch of people coincidently died?

I really doubt you know someone who has more than a narrow knowledge of what she is talking about. And I think you are diving way too far into bizarre conspiracy theories.

And Trumps horrendous performance goes well beyond the death toll.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2020, 03:41:15 PM »
You didn’t answer this question before. How do you explain the refrigerated trucks in New York if the death count is exaggerated?  Do you think a bunch of people coincidently died?

I really doubt you know someone who has more than a narrow knowledge of what she is talking about. And I think you are diving way too far into bizarre conspiracy theories.

I never said that every single case is being mislabeled, there are people dying from Covid-19, but there are also many many others that are dying from things that are not related to covid-19 that are being labeled as such, but the times we live in now, it's easy to say that, and the gullible part of society believes it and they leave it at that(They say it so it must be true).

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

• All American
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2020, 03:48:01 PM »
I never said that every single case is being mislabeled, there are people dying from Covid-19, but there are also many many others that are dying from things that are not related to covid-19 that are being labeled as such, but the times we live in now, it's easy to say that, and the gullible part of society believes it and they leave it at that(They say it so it must be true).

Well someone is certainly being gullible here...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2020, 03:52:52 PM »
but there are also many many others

I heard it was four many’s big

muguru

• All American
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2020, 03:53:24 PM »
How did this thread dissolve into a covid-19 and Trump bashing thread anyway?? Can we get back to talking about having students on campus etc.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2020, 03:59:25 PM »
How did this thread dissolve into a covid-19 and Trump bashing thread anyway?? Can we get back to talking about having students on campus etc.

Because having students on campus requires people feeling reasonably safe from COVID-19 and the reason they don't is because of inadequate action from 45. The three things are inextricably linked.

If we had enough testing, it would help to contain the virus and insure people felt safe from COVID-19 which would allow students to return more safely to campus. It's not thread dissolution but rather a natural evolution.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2020, 04:00:32 PM »
Isn't there a COVID thread elsewhere? 

IMO, the Big East is in a pretty strong spot in advance of basketball season.  Since none of us sponsor football at the FBS levels, the schools can truly take a wait and see approach with what college football ends up looking like, and then making the necessary adjustments if needed.  College football will definitely happen in the Fall, in some form or another.

If, for example, St. John's and Seton Hall, due to their location, are unable to play this season, I strongly doubt the conference would instruct teams to fold-up their seasons as well. I also wonder what the "back-up" site for the BET would be next year.  Considering their numbers, I wonder if Creighton (Omaha) would be considered. 

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2020, 04:14:06 PM »
Isn't there a COVID thread elsewhere? 

IMO, the Big East is in a pretty strong spot in advance of basketball season.  Since none of us sponsor football at the FBS levels, the schools can truly take a wait and see approach with what college football ends up looking like, and then making the necessary adjustments if needed.  College football will definitely happen in the Fall, in some form or another.

If, for example, St. John's and Seton Hall, due to their location, are unable to play this season, I strongly doubt the conference would instruct teams to fold-up their seasons as well. I also wonder what the "back-up" site for the BET would be next year.  Considering their numbers, I wonder if Creighton (Omaha) would be considered.
Reserving a public venue on a short time frame could be difficult.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2020, 04:49:03 PM »
Because having students on campus requires people feeling reasonably safe from COVID-19 and the reason they don't is because of inadequate action from 45. The three things are inextricably linked.

If we had enough testing, it would help to contain the virus and insure people felt safe from COVID-19 which would allow students to return more safely to campus. It's not thread dissolution but rather a natural evolution.

I'm one person so obviously I can only speak for myself, but I am in the "high risk" group in more ways then one, and I haven't let this change how I do things. My employer is requiring wearing masks starting Monday and that does not sit well with me at all. I could get it anywhere at anytime, and if I do, I do. If it's my time to go...not much I can do about it.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2020, 04:54:30 PM »
I'm one person so obviously I can only speak for myself, but I am in the "high risk" group in more ways then one, and I haven't let this change how I do things. My employer is requiring wearing masks starting Monday and that does not sit well with me at all. I could get it anywhere at anytime, and if I do, I do. If it's my time to go...not much I can do about it.

The mask isn't for you. It's for other people. It's so you don't spread the disease while asymptomatic. Current CDC guidelines say if 80% of the population wore masks that were 60% effective, it would virtually eliminate the spread.

Ultimately, this comes down to one thing: do you give a s**t about any other human beings you interact with? If yes, just suck up your pride and wear the damn mask.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2020, 04:58:15 PM »
And there, in purest terms, is the crux of the debate, hell, society at large.   

What I want vs what is best for the most people.

Facts vs what I believe.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 05:01:15 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2020, 04:58:51 PM »

You wearing a mask may have help someone else avoid it.  You could be a carrier and not know it.

It's beyond me how American's can feel so threatened when told to do something.  My grandmother went through the death of her father at age 7 (the oldest child) with a Polish speaking mother, quitting school at that time and working and living in a boarding house during the week, 2 world wars, Spanish and Polio epidemics and never complained about it and frankly, never bitched about anything other her utility bill being too high.

Suck it up buttercup.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2020, 05:01:08 PM »
You wearing a mask may have help someone else avoid it.  You could be a carrier and not know it.

It's beyond me how American's can feel so threatened when told to do something.  My grandmother went through the death of her father at age 7 (the oldest child) with a Polish speaking mother, quitting school at that time and working and living in a boarding house during the week, 2 world wars, Spanish and Polio epidemics and never complained about it and frankly, never bitched about anything other her utility bill being too high.

Suck it up buttercup.

Listen, having to wear a mask is part of a vast conspiracy
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2020, 05:20:08 PM »

Suck it up buttercup.

If I was carrying it, believe me, I'd know, I'd be sick...very sick if not dead. My point is, masks or no masks(and there are many studies that say masks aren't as effective as people believe), all the hand washing in the world, and people can STILL get it. You, I or anyone could get it from simply going to the grocery store, or work or wherever.

• All American
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2020, 05:20:17 PM »

And it’s against our civil liberties. You know, the rights of free speech, religion and to be selfish.

• All American
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2020, 05:20:56 PM »
If I was carrying it, believe me, I'd know, I'd be sick...very sick if not dead. My point is, masks or no masks(and there are many studies that say masks aren't as effective as people believe), all the hand washing in the world, and people can STILL get it. You, I or anyone could get it from simply going to the grocery store, or work or wherever.

It’s called minimizing risk.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2020, 05:21:36 PM »
Never mind.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 05:24:00 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2020, 05:22:29 PM »
And it’s against our civil liberties. You know, the rights of free speech, religion and to be selfish.

Civil liberties don’t apply to everyone

muguru

• All American
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2020, 05:30:08 PM »

How about freedom of choice?? So people say it's not about me(even though if I get it, I'd likely die), it's about other people, when I'd be willing to bet most of the people that are TERRIFIED of getting this are healthy people that are low risk?? Makes sense. It started with the last occupant in the WH where we have our freedoms and rights trampled on, and told it's not important, but others rights are. Where terrible rules/laws and regulations were crammed down our throats and told we WILL/HAVE to accept this. Now, the same party wants to keep america down that path. You wonder why we got p*issed off and rose up and took the country back??

muguru

• All American
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2020, 05:31:02 PM »

You seem like such an angry Bernie supporter.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2020, 05:33:12 PM »
You seem like such an angry Bernie supporter.

Nah, I’m just a dude who cares about his fellow citizens and wears a mask in public

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2020, 05:37:55 PM »
The agenda is revealed.

• All American
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2020, 05:39:49 PM »
The agenda is revealed.

The truth is an agenda?

feedback