'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vander disses Derrick Wilson for a slap of 5 on bench...  (Read 55528 times)

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
Re: Vander disses Derrick Wilson for a slap of 5 on bench...
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2012, 04:33:57 PM »
Got any actual facts to back up your statements here?

Vander Blue charged with assault, brushes with the law.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/120171494.html

On the other stuff, you can talk to plenty of students and alumni if you wish.  Certainly some have expressed those same feelings here in this and other threads.  All you have to do is look or ask some students yourself.  He's a young guy that continues to mature.  Some guys take longer.  I was pleased to see his actions yesterday after being pulled out of the game.  Thought he was in the game, supporting his mates.  That is a sign of maturity.

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

🏀

• All American
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2012, 04:39:02 PM »
Strange. Blue logged less than 20 minutes the last 3 games. Before that, he logged 19 minutes the first game. Every other game he has logged over 20 minutes. Thats it.

First four games in the BE, he averaged 27mpg. Last three, 16mpg. If he is playing so great, why the drop in minutes? I guess Buzz wouldn't agree with what you just said.

Again, nobody else think Vander is playing awful basketball. Only you and a select group of others.

Get over your hard on for the kid.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »
Again, nobody else think Vander is playing awful basketball. Only you and a select group of others.

Get over your hard on for the kid.

If the coach is benching you, you are not playing well. Get your head out of you know what.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2012, 05:01:44 PM »
Because Vander's behavior off the court has not been great. That is why.  His selfishness on the court at times is the other reason.  There are a number of students who will back up this statement in a second.  It also doesn't reflect well on Marquette's almuni and students when people on this board took crap shots at females that accused MU players of sexual assault, now did it?   You seem to want it both ways.

He definitely had off-court issues in his first year. We haven't seen that since, however. I'm willing to give him the benefit that a few trips to court may have convinced him to clean up his ways a bit. By continuing to attack him without further incident, does that show an unwillingness to forgive?

As far as his selfishness on the court...hmm, not sure I can agree there. He's taken 26 shots in Big East play, an average of less than 4 per game. And he has tallied 26 assists in Big East play. Generally, selfish players don't have as many assists as they do shots taken.

Vander came out of high school with a head that could barely fit through the door.  It rubbed many a student the wrong way.  It led to fights.  It led to skirmishes with the law.  Ask the students, or do they not count?  Does it still reflect badly on MU's alumni and students when they were there to see it? You can't have it both ways.

Yes, he made mistakes. But is it a chronic thing? I haven't heard anything since early last year. Pretty much everything you are referring to happened in his first 6-7 months on campus. But freshman become sophomores in more ways than just on the court. Maybe it's time for the haters to give Vander a second chance. Or are you incapable of ever looking at his current actions rather than his past ones?

I commend coach Williams for sitting him now in situations where he has hurt us, mostly down the stretch of games.  If Vander can mature off the court and get better offensively on the court, then that will be a win for those MU alumni, the students, the basketball team and Vander himself.  Some guys just take a little longer to get the maturity thing through their head, especially if they've been told how great they are most of their lives and then they find out they really weren't that great but merely pretty good.  I wish Vander well, but I also don't blame some of the students for having their issues with him.

Seems like he has started to mature off the court. And his assists and shot selection indicate he's also gotten better offensively on the court. Some guys just take a little longer to realize what's happening in front of their eyes, especially if they have a long-standing bias against a player and don't want to let go of things that happened a year ago. I'm sure Vander wishes you well too, but probably wouldn't mind if you stopped slamming him online after every single game.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #179 on: January 22, 2012, 05:21:12 PM »
Hows blue doing?

You come on here to take a shot at me after Jamil has a good game.

I offer to take the bet again, and now you're bringing up Vander?

Vander has had an up and down season. Still shows good potential. Not unlike Jamil Wilson.

Are you taking the bet or not?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2012, 05:29:23 PM »
If the coach is benching you, you are not playing well. Get your head out of you know what.
Or, it could be that you are playing pretty well, but somebody else is playing better. 

See how easy that was?  Get your head out of your you-know-what. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2012, 05:34:22 PM »
The camera actually showed Vander givin' 5 to Wilson.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2012, 05:36:16 PM »
The camera actually showed Vander givin' 5 to Wilson.
Which one?  The victim of Vander's most recent crime against humanity or the other one?

NoCheese

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2012, 05:41:35 PM »
Is this thread still going on? Shut it down already

🏀

• All American
« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2012, 05:46:40 PM »

Benched like Jamail Jones? Where is your OUTRAGE over his performance.

My head isn't anywhere except in reality, hence why I'm not continually taking pot shots at the underclassmen on these team.

Again, did he eff your face up at Qdoba or did he eff your girlfriends face?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2012, 05:46:56 PM »
Which one?  The victim of Vander's most recent crime against humanity or the other one?

Derrick
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #186 on: January 22, 2012, 05:58:52 PM »
Is this thread still going on? Shut it down already

Why don't we just start a "I hate Vander Blue because I am a bitter, joyless person" thread, and all of the trolls can go post there.  Apparently to a few (thankfully, it's only a FEW) posters, the kid won't ever do anything right. 

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #187 on: January 22, 2012, 06:13:18 PM »
Because Vander's behavior off the court has not been great. That is why.  His selfishness on the court at times is the other reason.  There are a number of students who will back up this statement in a second.  It also doesn't reflect well on Marquette's almuni and students when people on this board took crap shots at females that accused MU players of sexual assault, now did it?   You seem to want it both ways.

Vander came out of high school with a head that could barely fit through the door.  It rubbed many a student the wrong way.  It led to fights.  It led to skirmishes with the law.  Ask the students, or do they not count?  Does it still reflect badly on MU's alumni and students when they were there to see it? You can't have it both ways.  

I commend coach Williams for sitting him now in situations where he has hurt us, mostly down the stretch of games.  If Vander can mature off the court and get better offensively on the court, then that will be a win for those MU alumni, the students, the basketball team and Vander himself.  Some guys just take a little longer to get the maturity thing through their head, especially if they've been told how great they are most of their lives and then they find out they really weren't that great but merely pretty good.  I wish Vander well, but I also don't blame some of the students for having their issues with him.

Thanks for coming off your fainting couch, and clutching your pearls, to deliver that sermon. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2012, 06:21:03 PM »
Strange. Blue logged less than 20 minutes the last 3 games. Before that, he logged 19 minutes the first game. Every other game he has logged over 20 minutes. Thats it.

First four games in the BE, he averaged 27mpg. Last three, 16mpg. If he is playing so great, why the drop in minutes? I guess Buzz wouldn't agree with what you just said.

Let's discuss the actual numbers here.

Vander Blue has averaged 4 less minutes per game after the Syracuse game then he did prior to the Syracuse game.

Since you're hanging your hat on this statistic, we can all learn so much from this team and sample size:
1. Vander Blue has averaged 4 less minutes per game since Syracuse, VB is the worst player on the team.
2. DJO has averaged 2 less minutes per game since Syracuse, DJO is the second worst player on the team. Buzz must be sending a message.
3. Gardner has averaged 2 less minutes per game since Syracuse, DJO is tied for the second worst player on the team then.
4. Jamil has averaged three more minutes per game since Syracuse, JW is the best player on the team.

More importantly if take the minutes played and average them with our wins versus losses in your sample size we get the following:
1. Jamil Wilson has averaged 20 more MPG in wins than losses. He is the best player on the team, when teamed with the information above.
2. Caddy averages 15 more MPG in losses than wins, second most talented on the team.

We can do this all night with such a small sample size.

If you really think Buzz is benching Vander, then why would be ever start a game?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2012, 06:22:46 PM »
Thanks for coming off your fainting couch, and clutching your pearls, to deliver that sermon. 

GOLD!

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #190 on: January 22, 2012, 06:35:05 PM »
Speaking of sermons... today's reading was the story of Jonah. Perhaps some people could find some answers there. Vander is not a bad player, he may not be the player every one hoped was walking through that door, but someone who gets 20 minutes per game on a top 20 team is not a bad player. Does Mayo deserve more minutes than him? Buzz thinks so, but that doesn't mean Vander sucks, it just means Mayo is playing better.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #191 on: January 22, 2012, 06:44:13 PM »
Let's discuss the actual numbers here.

Vander Blue has averaged 4 less minutes per game after the Syracuse game then he did prior to the Syracuse game.

Since you're hanging your hat on this statistic, we can all learn so much from this team and sample size:
1. Vander Blue has averaged 4 less minutes per game since Syracuse, VB is the worst player on the team.
2. DJO has averaged 2 less minutes per game since Syracuse, DJO is the second worst player on the team. Buzz must be sending a message.
3. Gardner has averaged 2 less minutes per game since Syracuse, DJO is tied for the second worst player on the team then.
4. Jamil has averaged three more minutes per game since Syracuse, JW is the best player on the team.

More importantly if take the minutes played and average them with our wins versus losses in your sample size we get the following:
1. Jamil Wilson has averaged 20 more MPG in wins than losses. He is the best player on the team, when teamed with the information above.
2. Caddy averages 15 more MPG in losses than wins, second most talented on the team.

We can do this all night with such a small sample size.

If you really think Buzz is benching Vander, then why would be ever start a game?

The last three games he has averaged 2 points, 2 assists, 2 TOs, 3 rebounds, .3 steals, 0 blocks. He is not playing well. You think he is a key player that should be getting 30 minutes a game while I think he should be getting 10-15 minute and a pure role player. I am just happy that I am in the same boat as Buzz and we are collecting some wins. You can continue to think that Blue averaging 16 minutes a game the last three games (opposed to the 27 minutes a game he was averaging in the first four conference games) has nothing to do with his performance.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #192 on: January 22, 2012, 08:24:03 PM »
Spending all your online time dedicating yourself to hating on a teenage kid seems a bit sad and pathetic. I hope your kids never disappoint you, or that if they do, you only channel this kind of bitter vitriol toward complete strangers.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #193 on: January 22, 2012, 08:30:52 PM »
You see it as swipes at a kid. I posted simply to rub it some posters' faces when they thought I was crazy for believing that Blue's play and progress warrants fewer minutes. Within these opinions, posters mentioned that JW is a disappointment while I mentiond that I was seeing real progress and I thought we would start seeing some solid performances from JW as he got more PT. Then people didn't believe that would happen either. Sometimes, people have to eat a hot pile of crow and I don't might serving it every now and then.

Honestly, of your last 25 posts, something like 22 of them have some sort of negative comment about Vander Blue, including such gems as "He's not good" (last night) and "I don't think he's very good" (Monday.)  So if you want to serve a "hot pile of crow" over these pearls of wisdom, feel free.  You might as well be a dick about that too.

But don't expect people to take you seriously.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2012, 08:36:47 PM »
Benched like Jamail Jones? Where is your OUTRAGE over his performance.

My head isn't anywhere except in reality, hence why I'm not continually taking pot shots at the underclassmen on these team.

Again, did he eff your face up at Qdoba or did he eff your girlfriends face bungholio?

fixed.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #195 on: January 22, 2012, 08:38:39 PM »
Sometimes, people have to eat a hot pile of crow and I don't might serving it every now and then.

I think most people would prefer the hot pile of crow versus the hot pile of negative bulls*** you keep serving up.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2012, 08:53:10 PM »
I think most people would prefer the hot pile of crow versus the hot pile of negative bulls*** you keep serving up.
+ infinity  

Erik is getting old and stale.  He really has little to offer but his hate for Blue.  If he took a vacation, this board would be the better for it.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2012, 08:55:47 PM »

Honestly, of your last 25 posts, something like 22 of them have some sort of negative comment about Vander Blue, including such gems as "He's not good" (last night) and "I don't think he's very good" (Monday.)  So if you want to serve a "hot pile of crow" over these pearls of wisdom, feel free.  You might as well be a dick about that too.

But don't expect people to take you seriously.

I said that in response to a poster who wondered why Blue wasn't playing. Some thought it is because he was sick. It is really because he very ineffective on the offensive end. He is a solid defender but he is not SO good that you can overlook his poor offensive play. He is not ill. He is not "in a funk". At this stage of his career, that is the player he is. And for that type of player, he should be a 15 minute a game role player. Come in, play defense, get rebounds and don't do anything fancy with the ball and give the other teammates a breather. Sorry if that sounds negative. Sometimes people don't like hearing the truth.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2012, 09:32:03 PM »
I said that in response to a poster who wondered why Blue wasn't playing. Some thought it is because he was sick. It is really because he very ineffective on the offensive end. He is a solid defender but he is not SO good that you can overlook his poor offensive play. He is not ill. He is not "in a funk". At this stage of his career, that is the player he is. And for that type of player, he should be a 15 minute a game role player. Come in, play defense, get rebounds and don't do anything fancy with the ball and give the other teammates a breather. Sorry if that sounds negative. Sometimes people don't like hearing the truth.

I am officially marking you down for stating that sophomore Vander Blue has reached his full potential. He will only be a defensive role player and nothing more.

If he blows this ceiling wide open, you will have to apologize to MUScoop for being a dumbass, or refrain from enjoying the Marquette/Vander success by leaving the board.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2012, 09:52:55 PM »
I am officially marking you down for stating that sophomore Vander Blue has reached his full potential. He will only be a defensive role player and nothing more.

If he blows this ceiling wide open, you will have to apologize to MUScoop for being a dumbass, or refrain from enjoying the Marquette/Vander success by leaving the board.

Clearly you did not read my post. I said "At this stage of his career,...". If he takes the summer to learn how to finish, he will be pretty good. Right now, he is a marginal player.

feedback