Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser against Bucks  (Read 25058 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Re: Sam Hauser against Bucks
« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2022, 01:43:18 PM »
Did he never watch Marquette before he arrived at Marquette?  The program his brother was playing for?  Did he not know what year Markus was when he committed to Marquette?

This is all reasonable.  Yet, I'd imagine knowing it going in, and then experiencing repeatedly not being passed the ball for a better shot, while watching Markus launch at will still was incredibly frustrating.

From my recollection you've never been a fan of hero ball.  Marquette under Markus was ultimately hero ball on steroids. 

Some here want to devalue the Hausers and are angry because their leaving derailed a pre-season Top 5 projection in 2020 by some college basketball experts.  After they left, under Markus's 1st Team All-American play, the team finished 8-10 in the Big East and lost 6 of its last 7.  So, one can say the Hausers never won big after leaving MU, but neither did Markus at MU.  Clearly they had a lot of value to MU/the team so its foolish for some to chide their abilities.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2022, 01:53:55 PM »
DJO

Do you read my posts? Do you really think I care about have a "told you so" moment on scoop? I think my batting average on being right vs. wrong is OK, but plenty of missteps over the years. I do apologize for mentioning the Hauser/Howard saga because I stopped caring about that quite some time ago. I will not say when I stopped caring because I do not want to be called a liar if I am off by a month or two, but I have stopped caring about that season.

Now, I do hope I am proven correct with my support of Shaka. I will not quote the exact date I started supporting him, but I think I was an early occupant on the Shaka train. No, I want to retract being an early occupant because maybe I was not as early as I remember and do not want to be disingenuous.

Speaking of disingenuous, the Jan. 16th post was in a reply to my post on Sam being frustrated at the Buffalo game. As I noted in previous post, I backpedaled because I was in the minority in my opinion of Sam/Joey at the Buffalo game and that is what I was responding to in the 1/16 post. Sharing my earlier post might have put things into context.

As I said the posts are there.  You can interpret them however you will, I will interpret them how I will.  I'm sorry I upset you as evidence by your overly obvious sarcastic response.  I thought, and will continue to think that you were lying, because this is the internet, and everyone is always looking for an "I told you so" moment.

As for Shaka, I hope you're right and he can deliver.  Due to the experiences of the last decade of MUBB I will remain hesitant until I see a coach put together a complete season.  I think he is going about it the right way, building culture and targeting good fits for said culture, but at the end of the day, results are what will determine success/failure.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2022, 01:57:49 PM »
DJO

Happy Easter!

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #203 on: April 15, 2022, 01:58:48 PM »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #204 on: April 15, 2022, 01:59:53 PM »
DJO

That greeting was disingenuous on my part ;D

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2022, 03:08:34 PM »
I can envision the scenario where Markus was ripping into Joey about effort, and Joey responded in kind with: I didn't come here to play defense only, and watch you take 37% of the shots.  You want more effort, stop being a ball hog.

FIFY
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #206 on: April 15, 2022, 08:19:45 PM »
Why do you think I "hate" Markus?  I don't. Yet to absolve him of any responsibility in the rift that occurred between him and Joey/Sam is illogical. 

I can envision the scenario where Markus was ripping into Joey about effort, and Joey responded in kind with: I didn't come here to play defense only, and watch you take 37% of the shots.  You want more effort, stop being a ball hog.

Virtually every player at the high major level was a prolific scorer in high school.  Virtually anyone who plays basketball finds shooting the ball/scoring fun.  Most players don't find playing defense "fun."

Vanilla Soft Serve was an OK freshman on a team with 2 junior standouts: one being one of the best players in the entire nation and the other being an outstanding forward. And the team was winning.

But Joey wanted his, and he ended up killing a great season with his whining, pouting, turnovers and his allergy to defense.

But sure, everyone involved could have handled Hausershima better, starting with the head coach.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #207 on: April 15, 2022, 08:44:01 PM »
This was a hell of a thread to read through in its entirety in one sitting

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2022, 09:21:17 PM »
Hait has know hom heer, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #209 on: April 15, 2022, 09:24:40 PM »
Vanilla Soft Serve was an OK freshman on a team with 2 junior standouts: one being one of the best players in the entire nation and the other being an outstanding forward. And the team was winning.

But Joey wanted his, and he ended up killing a great season with his whining, pouting, turnovers and his allergy to defense.

But sure, everyone involved could have handled Hausershima better, starting with the head coach.

Joey killed the season, not the guy with the 40% usage who’s game went south down the stretch or the coach who let it (encouraged it to) happen. You’re one funny guy, Mike.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2022, 09:33:29 PM »
Joey killed the season, not the guy with the 40% usage who’s game went south down the stretch or the coach who let it (encouraged it to) happen. You’re one funny guy, Mike.

There is clearly blame to go around but Joey has run into issues at MSU as well as MU, and has clearly been disappointing for both programs.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2022, 09:44:20 PM »
There were no issues before Joey got to MU. Halfway through the season I could tell he was an entitled pr*ck, then he f*ck it all up. Joey is an pretty boy period, has no where to go now.
Goal is National Championship

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2022, 09:51:19 PM »

There is clearly blame to go around but Joey has run into issues at MSU as well as MU, and has clearly been disappointing for both programs.

No disagreement there - I don’t absolve Joey of any blame for our collapse. But to say that he’s THE reason or even the biggest reason that season cratered just isn’t true.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #213 on: April 15, 2022, 10:34:20 PM »
No disagreement there - I don’t absolve Joey of any blame for our collapse. But to say that he’s THE reason or even the biggest reason that season cratered just isn’t true.
BS he was the biggest reason an entitled pr*ck period. If you don't see it, well you have issues understanding human behavior.
Goal is National Championship

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #214 on: April 15, 2022, 11:22:01 PM »
BS he was the biggest reason an entitled pr*ck period. If you don't see it, well you have issues understanding human behavior.

We can’t all just look at a guy and tell he’s an entitled prick, Newsboy. That takes special talent. One that people who know the kid and have coached him evidently don’t have.

Further, I disagree that I have issues understanding human behavior. I know biased, unfair and judgmental behavior when I see it.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #215 on: April 16, 2022, 07:31:32 AM »
sometimes a little hate is…good.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #216 on: April 16, 2022, 08:04:04 AM »
Lenny

There are double standards on Scoop. It is 100% acceptable by some to complete bash the Hauser's, especially Joey, with most having zero to little knowledge of what type of character they may or may not possess. On the other hand, if you question Lewis on his body language you are bashed in similar fashion. The bias shown by those who claim to be unbiased is very predictable to me every day on scoop.

• All American
« Reply #217 on: April 16, 2022, 08:06:43 AM »
Lenny

There are double standards on Scoop. It is 100% acceptable by some to complete bash the Hauser's, especially Joey, with most having zero to little knowledge of what type of character they may or may not possess. On the other hand, if you question Lewis on his body language you are bashed in similar fashion. The bias shown by those who claim to be unbiased is very predictable to me every day on scoop.

That's rich coming from the guy who claims he made an important observation about team chemistry after the Buffalo game but actually never did.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #218 on: April 16, 2022, 08:14:43 AM »
Fluff,
I actually did say Sam looked frustrated, see below. As for bashing someone's character vs. making a comment on a player being frustrated or possible team chemistry issues, I think there is a difference. As for my quote below, I do not think that was hard hitting attack on my part, simply an observation.

Hangin' at the Al / Re: Not surprised
« on: January 16, 2019, 08:46:41 AM »
IMO, the Hauser boys were licking their chops when Howard went down. There have been several times over the past month that I have felt Sam is frustrated with Howard and high shot output. Late in the Buffalo game it looked like when Sam got the ball he was going to pass it to anyone but Howard. No doubt in mind that Hauser boys are legit college big time college players.

• All American
« Reply #219 on: April 16, 2022, 08:17:35 AM »
Ah...so I guess "after the Buffalo game" is pretty broad then.  ::)

Goose

• All American
« Reply #220 on: April 16, 2022, 08:22:29 AM »
Fluff

I stated yesterday that my timing was off on when it was posted. Again, unlike many on here, I admit being wrong in stating it was after the Buffalo game. It was three plus years ago and apologize for being off on my timing. That said, it obviously was something I noticed, or I would not have brought it up three weeks later.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #221 on: April 16, 2022, 08:23:22 AM »

Says the "crean sucks" guy.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #222 on: April 16, 2022, 08:23:34 AM »
Nm

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #223 on: April 16, 2022, 08:24:05 AM »
Lenny

100% of my Hauser bashing is teal
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #224 on: April 16, 2022, 08:44:45 AM »

Joey was an OK freshman? I think you may have had different thoughts when he actually was a freshman. If memory serves me, you thought he might end up in the NBA before he graduated from MU.