Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser against Bucks  (Read 25101 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Sam Hauser against Bucks
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2022, 11:49:24 AM »
Fluff

I would love to hear your 20-30 list of favorite post Al MU players. It has to be some list.

Here you go.  This is just off the top of my head without much thought so I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

Doc Rivers
Tony Smith
Tony Miller
Damon Key
Jim McIlvaine
Robb Logterman
Ronny Eford
Aaron Hutchins
Brian Wardle
Dwyane Wade
Travis Deiner
Robert Jackson
Dom James
Wes Matthews
Jerel McNeal
Steve Novak
Lazar Hayward
Jae Crowder
Jimmy Butler
DJO
Jamil Wilson
Vander Blue
Markus Howard
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2022, 11:52:56 AM »

Sam Hauser is not my favorite Sam, post Al either. I loved Sam Worthen.

I'd buy a Sam Worthen jersey circa 1978-80. That would be a cool memento.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2022, 11:55:48 AM »
Fluff

For the record, not a bad list. That said, I would not challenge you for having Robb Logterman or Brian Wardle on your list, but feel free to question that I liked Sam Hauser as a player at MU.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 11:59:07 AM by Goose »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2022, 12:01:09 PM »

Here you go.  This is just off the top of my head without much thought so I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

Doc Rivers
Tony Smith
Tony Miller
Damon Key
Jim McIlvaine
Robb Logterman
Ronny Eford
Aaron Hutchins
Brian Wardle
Dwyane Wade
Travis Deiner
Robert Jackson
Dom James
Wes Matthews
Jerel McNeal
Steve Novak
Lazar Hayward
Jae Crowder
Jimmy Butler
DJO
Jamil Wilson
Vander Blue
Markus Howard

Good list, though certainly could nitpick a few. I mean, Logterman? But it's your list, and I won't tell you who to have as a favorite.

I'd keep most of those and certainly add Sam Worthen to very near the top of that list.

Though if I'm to be honest, when Hauser actually was playing ball at Marquette, he'd have been on that list, right with or ahead of several of those. He played hard, played well and even played hurt. It's a shame that he pretty much had no choice but to go along for the ride with Vanilla Soft Serve.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2022, 12:04:02 PM »

Seriously, anyone that questions if Sam was a very good MU basketball player is doing so to be difficult. I am not a Markus Howard fan, but cannot argue that he was a very good player at MU. Now, I can argue how he ranks all time, but not that he was borderline great player at MU.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2022, 12:04:42 PM »

Doc Rivers
Tony Smith
Tony Miller
Damon Key
Jim McIlvaine
Robb Logterman
Ronny Eford
Aaron Hutchins
Brian Wardle
Dwyane Wade
Travis Deiner
Robert Jackson
Dom James
Wes Matthews
Jerel McNeal
Steve Novak
Lazar Hayward
Jae Crowder
Jimmy Butler
DJO
Jamil Wilson
Vander Blue
Markus Howard
Davante?

• All American
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2022, 12:08:06 PM »
Fluff

For the record, not a bad list. That said, I would not challenge you for having Robb Logterman or Brian Wardle on your list, but feel free to question that I liked Sam Hauser as a player at MU.

Brian Wardle was a four year starter and all conference player who was the only bright spot on some pretty terrible teams as they transitioned to Crean.

I have a soft spot for Logtermann since I saw him match up with my brother in high school a number of times - with Rob by far getting the better end of that match-up. 

I don't have players like Worthen on the list because that was a little bit before I was playing close attention to MU basketball.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2022, 12:38:56 PM »
If Charles Luter isn’t on the list it’s not legit.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2022, 12:42:25 PM »
If Charles Luter Joe Nethen isn’t on the list it’s not legit.

FTFY

Goose

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2022, 12:50:35 PM »
Fluff

I have no problem with your list. Simply saying that I have other people on my list, like Sam Hauser.

Shooter
I was a big Charles Luter fan. I think he had a chance to be a very good player prior to the injuries. I have always had a soft spot for him and Shannon Smith.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2022, 02:17:56 PM »

Is a grown adult purchasing a '78-'80 Sam Worthen jersey on bar with calling him 'my guy"? I don't want you crossing over any clown line and having emoji's thrown your way. Now, I have no idea if it is crossing the clown emoji line, more curious if you think it is crossing the line or not.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2022, 02:44:12 PM »

Is a grown adult purchasing a '78-'80 Sam Worthen jersey on bar with calling him 'my guy"? I don't want you crossing over any clown line and having emoji's thrown your way. Now, I have no idea if it is crossing the clown emoji line, more curious if you think it is crossing the line or not.

I'll stay out of the little war between you and Sultan. I already have a couple of fine gentlemen who "love" me enough here.

As for the Worthen jersey, if anybody knows where I can get one I'd be very interested. If that happens, this thread will not have been for naught.

• All American
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2022, 02:55:42 PM »

I am of the opinion that the best type of jersey that a grown adult should wear is a classic, somewhat obscure one.  That's why when you see a guy wearing a Javon Walker #84 jersey at Lambeau Field, it is very likely me.

So Sam Worthen fits that bill.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2022, 03:15:22 PM »

I am of the opinion that the best type of jersey that a grown adult should wear is a classic, somewhat obscure one.  That's why when you see a guy wearing a Javon Walker #84 jersey at Lambeau Field, it is very likely me.

So Sam Worthen fits that bill.

The bigger question is if a 1979
Sam Worthen jersey fits a 2022 Vestie Scooper?

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2022, 03:19:39 PM »
Oooo....  Throwback sweater-vests?  That could be fun...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2022, 03:31:40 PM »
Markus kept Marquette relevant, in the headlines. AA, national POY candidate. If I was a pt guard, I’d love playing with Markus Howard. An easy 10-15 assists per.

Nobody was getting 10-15 assists playing with Markus. To get assists you have to handle the ball. No way Wojo was taking the ball out of Markus’s hands and no way Markus would have stood for it if he tried. The only way Markus was making a real splash in the NBA was as a PG, so if he was going to move up the ladder in the draft he had to prove he could handle the PG position. Unfortunately all he proved was that he was a world class shooting 2G trapped in a 5’10” body.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2022, 04:06:02 PM »
Nobody was getting 10-15 assists playing with Markus. To get assists you have to handle the ball. No way Wojo was taking the ball out of Markus’s hands and no way Markus would have stood for it if he tried. The only way Markus was making a real splash in the NBA was as a PG, so if he was going to move up the ladder in the draft he had to prove he could handle the PG position. Unfortunately all he proved was that he was a world class shooting 2G trapped in a 5’10” body.
work with me. Gimmie some leeway.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2022, 04:20:42 PM »

Goose

I was fortunate enough to wear a lot of jerseys of my own as a younger man. I feel zero compunction to wear someone else’s. Not a big fan of the whole “jock sniffer” culture.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2022, 04:27:36 PM »
Lenny

I was happy that Sultan noted his Walker #84 jersey because I found that to be a more interesting fact than the thread he started on a interesting fact. I have to say, your post sure sounds like a guy that never had an HR department to report to:)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2022, 05:58:56 PM »
I own 2 Panthers jerseys - a Greg Olsen one that my wife bought me for my birthday 4 years ago, and a Keyshawn Johnson one that I bought for myself off a clearance rack about 10 years ago.

The Olsen one is the much nicer jersey, but I don't really like wearing jerseys of active players (which he was at the time). The Keyshawn one is a fun conversation-starter. He played his final season with the Panthers (and actually was pretty good - 70 catches) before he retired.

I also have a Larry Csonka Dolphins jersey and a 1990 game-worn Minnesota North Stars jersey (#36 - Link Gaetz, aka "The Missing Link"). That's it. That's my entire jersey collection.

I'd wear an MU Worthen jersey with pride.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2022, 06:05:30 PM »
Goose

I was fortunate enough to wear a lot of jerseys of my own as a younger man. I feel zero compunction to wear someone else’s. Not a big fan of the whole “jock sniffer” culture.
Lenny, you're on a message board for Marquette basketball. It doesn't get much more "jock sniffer" than that.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2022, 10:00:33 PM »
Lenny, you're on a message board for Marquette basketball. It doesn't get much more "jock sniffer" than that.

Yep.  The lack of self awareness is mind numbing.  “One big circle jerk scoop is” Yoda

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2022, 03:10:12 AM »
I own 2 Panthers jerseys - a Greg Olsen one that my wife bought me for my birthday 4 years ago, and a Keyshawn Johnson one that I bought for myself off a clearance rack about 10 years ago.

The Olsen one is the much nicer jersey, but I don't really like wearing jerseys of active players (which he was at the time). The Keyshawn one is a fun conversation-starter. He played his final season with the Panthers (and actually was pretty good - 70 catches) before he retired.

I also have a Larry Csonka Dolphins jersey and a 1990 game-worn Minnesota North Stars jersey (#36 - Link Gaetz, aka "The Missing Link"). That's it. That's my entire jersey collection.

I'd wear an MU Worthen jersey with pride.
A Larry Csonka #39 jersey!? Wow...one of my favorite teams and players growing up. Nice.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2022, 07:49:00 AM »
A Larry Csonka #39 jersey!? Wow...one of my favorite teams and players growing up. Nice.

Well, it's an official replica!

I was a huge Dolphins fan when they were a dynasty because I was a kid drawn to winners, and Zonk was my favorite.

I'll wear the jersey out on the NFL's opening day or on Super Sunday, and it always gets a positive reaction.

feedback