[Today at 11:36:18 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 11:23:04 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Article on MU/Junior in ESPN  (Read 7929 times)

pjk2234

• Walk-On
Article on MU/Junior in ESPN
« on: May 18, 2009, 01:52:16 AM »
Nice to have a mention of Marquette and Junior on ESPN. Hopefully he can end up filling the shoes that DJ left. After seeing him at the WBY Shootout I'm sure excited to see him play with all the athletes MU has coming in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=4160736

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
Re: Article on MU/Junior in ESPN
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 02:58:19 AM »
From the article:

"The Golden Eagles will be trading in a sub-compact in the diminutive 5-10, 165-pound James for a Hummer in 6-2, 220-pound Cadougan. The point guard has been a featured position within Buzz Williams' offense."

1st, This is the first place I have seen Junior listed as 6-2.  I have read elsewhere that he is in the 5-11 to 6-0 range. 

2nd, I fear that he may be truly pushing 220 lbs.  Simply too heavy to be quick enough at this level, especially if he is 6-0. 

3rd, I thinks its pretty funny they call him a Hummer.  Perhaps the nickname, "Hummer" will stick!  Junior will be H1!

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 03:43:34 AM »
"marquee programs"
"top-tier teams"
"major programs"

Just sayin'.  :D
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 06:39:28 AM »
Yeah I don't know about the nick name "Hummer"......

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 06:44:55 AM »
+1
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

nyg

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 07:18:05 AM »
If he's 6ft and 220, he will soon be called "dumptruck".

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 07:52:18 AM »
Not that it matters, but I don't see how DJ could have weighed only 165 lbs-he had to be 175-180 with all that muscle, unless he's really only about 5'8".

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 08:04:44 AM »
If he's 6ft and 220, he will soon be called "dumptruck".

"Beer truck?"
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 08:48:44 AM »
He needs to get in shape. For a young backcourt player, he is way, way too big.
We Are Marquette

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 08:49:45 AM »
I am 5'7 and was at eye level with DJ whenever I talked with him at humphrey.....He's probably more like 5'9

bma725

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 08:51:23 AM »
I am 5'7 and was at eye level with DJ whenever I talked with him at humphrey.....He's probably more like 5'9

His official NBA Draft camp measurement two years ago was 5'10.5 without shoes, 5'11.75 with shoes.

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 08:51:47 AM »
Everyone give the kid a break.....T. Smith will get his butt into shape there should be no doubt but he is built much like levance fields and will never fit the body type we are seeking.  If the kid can dish out assists, score and rebound he could have the weight of a fing elephant and I could care less.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 10:01:17 AM »
Everyone give the kid a break.....T. Smith will get his butt into shape there should be no doubt but he is built much like levance fields and will never fit the body type we are seeking.  If the kid can dish out assists, score and rebound he could have the weight of a fing elephant and I could care less.

And let's be honest: If we get the same career as Levance Fields out of Junior, we'll all be completely fine with that.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 10:53:05 AM »
Also its not like the kid is not trying to get in shape.  He knows what he has to do and by all accounts he is getting himself in shape.  Come November he will be in better shape then he is now and I expect that it will only improve during his stay at MU. 

soloWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 12:27:42 PM »
You guys keep comparing this kid to Levance Fields...I'm not sure about that.  Fields is 5-10 and 190 lbs.  BIG BUT not totally FAT!

Junior is 5-10 or 5-11 and 220 lbs.  THAT's  flat-out FAT!

He reminds me much more of Khalid El-Amin from UCONN.  EL-Amin was 5-10 and 203 lbs when he played at UCONN. 

El-Amin was a Fat*ss when he played...completely out of shape and self-admittedly ate doughnuts and HO HO's non-stop during the playing season. 

I'm praying that Junior get his Fat*ss in shape. Otherwise I doubt he'll have the stamina to play at the Big East level.  Hopefully, he'll be an anomaly...FAT but FIT!

bma725

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 12:42:58 PM »
Cadougan is neither 6'2 nor 220, ESPN has been incorrectly reporting that for over a year.

He's 6'1 and close to 200 right now.

soloWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 12:51:06 PM »
right...he can list whatever he wants but "my eyes don't lie".

the kid is like 5-11 and 200+...no doubt

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 12:51:13 PM »
As long as it's not fat weight I'm fine with him being "300"-jacked.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 12:55:28 PM »

Your eyes definitely lie.  I've stood next to the kid, I'm 6'2 and he was just a bit shorter than me.  According to his coach, he was down to 210 back in April and was working out to be 200 or under by the time he reported because Buzz wanted him around 195.

4thAndState

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 12:59:48 PM »

Frankly, I'll take bma's word on Junior. 6'1"/200 sounds about right. I saw JC play at the Al last winter with his Christian Humble team. He has a Big East-ready body that needs a little work/definition. He was surprisingly quick and had incredible court sense.

soloWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 01:21:19 PM »
As you say -
If he comes in at 6'2 and a buck 85...I''l be happy as a lark.

I look forward to seeing that. We'll see...

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 01:27:21 PM »
I am willing to bet that have seen/stood next to/talked to JC more recently than anyone on this board, and he is not a "fatass" as some people think.

My guess is 6'0" 200 lb.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »
From the article:

"The Golden Eagles will be trading in a sub-compact in the diminutive 5-10, 165-pound James for a Hummer in 6-2, 220-pound Cadougan. The point guard has been a featured position within Buzz Williams' offense."

1st, This is the first place I have seen Junior listed as 6-2.  I have read elsewhere that he is in the 5-11 to 6-0 range. 

2nd, I fear that he may be truly pushing 220 lbs.  Simply too heavy to be quick enough at this level, especially if he is 6-0. 

3rd, I thinks its pretty funny they call him a Hummer.  Perhaps the nickname, "Hummer" will stick!  Junior will be H1!

Considering GM is dumping HUMMER, maybe we could change it to a different comparison. 

soloWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 02:24:53 PM »
canadian bacon  :o

4thAndState

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 02:48:53 PM »
canadian bacon  :o

Junior will be a special player. When his career is done in 2013, he could easily be in the top five in assists. Again, after seeing him at the Al last winter, he is an incredible pass-first PG with a good offensive game to keep defenses honest. With the surrounding cast the Buzz has/will be assembling with him, look out.  :o

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 02:58:11 PM »
I hope you're correct!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 03:31:18 PM »
6'1" 195 would be pleasing to start.

I'm a bit over 6', 203 pounds, and a complete and utter larda$$.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 03:39:21 PM »
Well then, by Golly, pull his scholarship, coach!
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 06:27:28 PM »
PG is the most important defensive position on the floor because his counterpart PG is most endowed with the talent to breakdown defenses. I saw Junior play against Dominican and was very disappointed with his defense-----rather the lack thereof------just took up space on D-----doesn't have the feintest idea of what to do or how to do it-----he's a project on defense, which will give the starting nod to Acker.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 07:49:38 PM »
PG is the most important defensive position on the floor because his counterpart PG is most endowed with the talent to breakdown defenses. I saw Junior play against Dominican and was very disappointed with his defense-----rather the lack thereof------just took up space on D-----doesn't have the feintest idea of what to do or how to do it-----he's a project on defense, which will give the starting nod to Acker.

I certainly hope Acker is not the starting point for MU.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 08:37:58 PM »
Yeah I don't know about the nick name "Hummer"......

Hummers are to be enjoyed. I think it's a great name.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JimmyBIToldYa

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 09:41:55 PM »
caddy... cadillac's are big, comfortable. his name is cadougan... seems perfect to me

soloWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 10:08:22 PM »

You seem to be a pragmatic soul Murf...I share your concerns re this kid.  I don't think he can step in and lead this team immediately.  Most posters here seem to disagree with that reasoning...they've already christened the kid Levance Fields Part II.  I hope they're right. 

If Junior does get a lot of PT next year...he likely have stamina problems.  He'll be running his A$$ all over the floor chasing the opponents PG...a little different from his HS or AAU experience where he dishes the ball and pops J's all day.  His first year should be quite the learning process.

bartmiller#1

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 11:48:17 PM »
You guys keep comparing this kid to Levance Fields...I'm not sure about that.  Fields is 5-10 and 190 lbs.  BIG BUT not totally FAT!

Junior is 5-10 or 5-11 and 220 lbs.  THAT's  flat-out FAT!

He reminds me much more of Khalid El-Amin from UCONN.  EL-Amin was 5-10 and 203 lbs when he played at UCONN. 

El-Amin was a Fat*ss when he played...completely out of shape and self-admittedly ate doughnuts and HO HO's non-stop during the playing season. 

I'm praying that Junior get his Fat*ss in shape. Otherwise I doubt he'll have the stamina to play at the Big East level.  Hopefully, he'll be an anomaly...FAT but FIT!

All that and a national champ.  I'd take a player like El Amin (on the court) any day.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2009, 12:01:36 AM »
I second bart. The kid could weigh 300+ for all I care. As long as he's still running our offense effectively and playing sharp D on the other end, that's all I ask.

And lets not all act like we know what the kids weight is, how he plays, or what his work ethic is. Just cuz you saw a YouTube video from three years ago or read a scouting report from someone who saw a game at an AAU tournament does not give you special insight into a player. We'll just have to be content to wait until November
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2009, 12:11:06 AM »
I certainly hope Acker is not the starting point for MU.

Yeah... god forbid we have someone consistently posting zero turnovers a game =/

He may not be a rockstar, but he proved that he was a solid PG last season.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2009, 07:01:35 AM »
As far as endurance goes, hopefully Cubes can contribute in practice and stick him all day long. 

Some are mentioning that this kid is going to be the next greatest player as a freshmen and I think those are going to be some of the posters that will say he sucks because they will be disappointed.  I mean he could be good but to expect anything out of a freshmen is setting yourself up for disappointment.  Next season is a rebuilding season so I hope he fills the starting spot at some point.  I expect him to have a bunch of TO's and to contribute to a collapse at the end of a game.  And growing pains are fine.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2009, 10:46:58 AM »
caddy... cadillac's are big, comfortable. his name is cadougan... seems perfect to me

Loving it!!!

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2009, 12:38:20 PM »
I also think its a mistake to make predictions on his movement, or lack thereof, based on reports (which may not be accurate) of his weight and height.  If you had never seen Serena William's movement on the tennis court, but you know her height and weight, you'd probably make a very inaccurate prediction about her movement.

I for one am looking forward to seeing this guy run the point.   ;D
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

feedback