[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vander Blue reopening his recruitment according to Rivals  (Read 36266 times)

Moonboots

• Starter
Re: Vander Blue reopening his recruitment according to Rivals
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 12:37:26 AM »
**** at 12:24am May 13
Hahahahahahaha

**** at 12:25am May 13
thats [edited]

**** at 12:28am May 13
The same source is now reporting that Blue is choosing between two schools... one of which being Marquette.

**** at 12:28am May 13
yeah....he's gonna go to marquette, already found out

**** at 12:30am May 13
Where did you hear that? I thought he was gonna take some time to figure out his other options?

**** at 12:33am May 13
A friend of a friend is real cool with vander blue and he said he's pretty certain he's gonna go to marquette cuz yall have a run and gun offense where here at madison its slow pace n what not....its not official yet but its pretty likely that he'll go to marquette

Posted the link on Facebook a few minutes ago, had a high school classmate from Wisconsin comment on it.  This isn't official obviously, but it's an interesting tidbit.

Names edited, and edited for foul language.  Make of it what you will.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 12:38:03 AM »
Also if Vander wants to play in the NBA he's most likely going to have to develop some pg skills unless he grows a few more inches.  

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 12:40:10 AM »
Posted the link on Facebook a few minutes ago, had a high school classmate from Wisconsin comment on it.  This isn't official obviously, but it's an interesting tidbit.

Names edited, and edited for foul language.  Make of it what you will.

Keep our fingers crossed it is true. 

This was from last year.    Hopefully he still wants to stay close to home and knows our coach better........

Q: Did you take unofficial visits to any other place besides Wisconsin?

A: I did. But Marquette, I wasn't really sure because they just got a new coach. I don't have any background on him. I don't know how he does things. And with Indiana, I don't know, I just feel comfortable at home so my mom can come straight home from work and go straight to the Kohl Center to watch me play with no confusion. Everything is cool here. I'm staying home. I'm being around my family and that's why I'm going to do this.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:43:23 AM by Stone Cold »

Badgerhater920

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2009, 12:59:30 AM »
 ;D

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2009, 01:01:19 AM »
Just to provide another link, something a bit different.  Let's just see how it all plays out.

http://www.badgerbeat.com/blog/blog/id/450884

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 06:47:19 AM »
This may be sacrilege for the Wisconsin HS hoops fans here ... but should MU be recruiting Blue? Does MU need Blue?

The #37 player in the country?  From one of your rival's backyard?  Who decommitted from that rival?

F*ck yeah! 

If he comes here, he will come off the bench for a year behind Buycks.  However, he probably is a three year starter after that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2009, 06:50:36 AM »
Blue was the most talented player on the floor in the championship game. He's Big East ready to be a Warrior. Gotta get him.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 07:25:56 AM »
This will pump a little extra into the rivalry if we get him.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 07:39:41 AM »
I would have to believe Wes's mother and Van Der Blue's mother have talked alot about Wes's experience at MU.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 07:42:26 AM »
Hell, I'll pick her up and take her to the games myself if we get vander.   

That's got to be a violation.   ;)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009, 07:50:06 AM »
Just point to all of the WI playas that went there and went bust after leaving there: Reece Gaines and Jerry Smith (not yet!).

I have a feeling that neither Gaines nor Smith regret choosing Louisville.  If I was a scoring guard that can play at that level, they would certainly be on my short list.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2009, 08:28:47 AM »
Just curious...

IF Blue commits to MU, does that FINALLY make Buzz a great recruiter in some people's eyes?  Because if it doesn't, I don't know what will.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2009, 08:33:17 AM »
This may be sacrilege for the Wisconsin HS hoops fans here ... but should MU be recruiting Blue? Does MU need Blue?
When the class of 2010 arrives, MU will have a sophomore point guard (Cadougan), a senior shooting guard (Buycks), a junior combo guard (DBO) and a freshman shooting guard (Bowen).
Is MU better off using it's last 2010 scholie on a big or a true point? Where does another shooting guard fit in?
I'm not saying MU shouldn't recuit Blue, just asking the question.

we should absolutely go after him.  That is only 5 guards with one of them being a senior and two of them being Freshman.  Absolutely does not cause a probelem 7 gueards too many 5-6 is a good number.  Also my guess is Bowen ends up more of a 3 over time.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2009, 08:33:43 AM »
Just curious...

IF Blue commits to MU, does that FINALLY make Buzz a great recruiter in some people's eyes?  Because if it doesn't, I don't know what will.

Bucky fans will accuse Buzz of being dirty, even though there was nothing official tying Blue to UW.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2009, 08:35:09 AM »
Hell, I'll pick her up and take her to the games myself if we get vander.   

That's got to be a violation.   ;)

That's a paddlin'.

Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2009, 08:36:18 AM »
If Vander Blue commits to MU and Roseboro bolts from MU I will say Buzz is a great recruiter. Anyone hear that Roseboro might be going to prep school?

bma725

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2009, 08:37:51 AM »
If Vander Blue commits to MU and Roseboro bolts from MU I will say Buzz is a great recruiter. Anyone hear that Roseboro might be going to prep school?

Blue and Roseboro aren't the same class, a Blue commit would not require losing anyone as there is a scholarship open in that class. 

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2009, 08:38:17 AM »
Has anyone on this board seen Blue and Bowen play?  How do they compare?  How are their game's different?  Who's better?  Scout has Blue rated as a 3star and Bowen a 4 star.  But I don't trust the ratings of one service.  

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2009, 08:40:19 AM »
Just curious...

well he better stock pile talent now becuase we all know that if he makes a final 4 that recruits will run and hide.  Buzz wont have the added negatives of having the AL built and joining the BE or having an NBA superstar hurting his recruitng so he may be able to over come this overwhelming negative unlike our last coach who could only sign players like Kinsella, hrsitopherson, Berkowitz, etc.  and if you dont beleive this logic just look at geoge MAson!

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2009, 09:01:16 AM »
Just curious...

Winning games will most likely convince everybody that Buzz is a great recruiter.

If Buzz just brings in highly rated kids who can't play together and transfer out... well... then he's probably not a great recruiter (ie he can recognize talent, but cannot assemble a team)

Also what's with some people rushing to judgment on Buzz? Can't we actually see how he does for a couple of years before we use words like "great" or "terrible"?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2009, 09:07:32 AM »
An in-state player with mad talent? Absolutely you get him if you can. Not to mention taking him from your in-state rival's hometown, after he had already committed to that school. There has never been a bigger no-brainer.

I'm no expert, but based on what I have seen, this kid would be a star at a place like MU.

If he ends up here, I will forever assume that Wes Matthews played a significant role in making it happen.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2009, 09:09:28 AM »
Just curious...

There's no finally until the highly ranked players actually get on the court and prove the rankings and hype were correct.  Every year, a large portion of the top 100 doesn't pan out, and there's nothing to show that it couldn't happen with MU's players that are coming in.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2009, 09:20:25 AM »

well he better stock pile talent now becuase we all know that if he makes a final 4 that recruits will run and hide.  Buzz wont have the added negatives of having the AL built and joining the BE or having an NBA superstar hurting his recruitng so he may be able to over come this overwhelming negative unlike our last coach who could only sign players like Kinsella, hrsitopherson, Berkowitz, etc.  and if you dont beleve this logic just look at geoge MAson!

Nor will he have the burden of playing for a legendary coach either. If only in Crean's own mind.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2009, 09:29:39 AM »
There's no finally until the highly ranked players actually get on the court and prove the rankings and hype were correct.  Every year, a large portion of the top 100 doesn't pan out, and there's nothing to show that it couldn't happen with MU's players that are coming in.

Exactly.  A large portion of the top 100 does not pan out.  But a much LARGER portion of those outside the top 100 don't pan out.  So you bring as many top 100's in as you can, and your hit rate is much higher.  That's what a great recruiter does.

Can you imagine if one of the three amigos had not panned out?  Crean would have been dead in the water, because he didn't bring in any top 100's outside of Hayward, and he certainly wasn't bringing any top 100's off the bench.  His margin for error was razor thin.  His backup plans were Lott, Blackledge, Cubillan, Acker, Burke, etc.

Now, had Buzz stopped with Maymon, Williams, and Cadougan, he would have had no room for error, just like Crean.  If one didn't pan out, he would have been toast.  But the more you bring in, the better your chances.  Buzz' backup plans are first team All-American JUCO players (a.k.a. top 100 level talent), not JUCO scrubs; not to mention he's still reeling in top 100 HS commits.  That's my definition of a great RECRUITER.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2009, 09:38:32 AM »

It's possible that some or all of these players won't pan out. This might be attributed to poor coaching/development, misjudgements regarding talent or attitude or just bad luck. Regardless, the fact will remain that Buzz signed kids highly sought after by other top programs. By definition, that makes him a great "recruiter".