[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette's not done recruiting for 09?  (Read 16245 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Marquette's not done recruiting for 09?
« on: May 06, 2009, 09:39:15 PM »
I just heard that we will be hearing about Marquette signing Deshawn Painter.  He's the 4 star power forward that originally committed to Florida and then backed out of it.

Supposedly it is very likely, but not 100% for sure.  Has anybody heard about this?  I heard about us being on his list after he decommitted from Florida, but figured we were done after getting Mbao.  That'd be insane if it is true.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 09:42:11 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
Re: Marquette's not done recruiting for 09?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 09:44:27 PM »
I'll apologize if I'm wrong, but no.  If you're right, then congrats on hearing it first, but until then, I'm not buying.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 09:45:25 PM »
I should clarify... I would believe it if they're still recruiting, but I don't believe we'd get Painter.

Buzz4Prez

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 09:48:03 PM »
I believe Buzz was quoted after they signed DJO that they could sign another player or two. I have no idea about Painter, that would be pretty sweet, but I am not sure about that.

Was your source reliable?

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 09:54:12 PM »
WHAAA?!?!

That would be insane...it's already ridiculous with Mbao and the whole "WHO'S GOING?!" mystery...but dude, I'd be floored like Ricky Hatton if we sign another dude for 2009.

I could dig the whole Painter-going-prep-for-a-year-then-signing-for-2010 deal, but I don't get how he could come in for 2009.

We're already gonna have a bajillion new faces next year!

Cadougan, Buycks, DJO, Maymon, Williams, Roseboro, Mbao, and then maybe McMorrow/Fulce/Otule (all three have been mentioned as possible candidates on this board...but McMorrow as the most likely candidate)...cuz I mean, yeah, Fulce and Otule played last season but barely d/t their injuries.  We'd essentially have TEN new guys on the team!  The only vets will be Hayward, Butler, and maybe Acker/Cubillan (both also speculated as possibly leaving on these boards).

Man oh man...I can't wait for some clarity up on this motherlover.   

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 10:03:50 PM »
It was a reliable source but again said it was not 100% for sure.  This is very interesting.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 10:40:02 PM »
Wait...let me see...

Yup, I think we have room for one more in this phonebooth! ;)

SS Marquette

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 10:44:54 PM »
Buzz has to sign as many guys as he can now, because once he goes to a Final Four (or two), no recruits will want to play here.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

HoopDreams

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 01:32:23 AM »
It was a reliable source but again said it was not 100% for sure.  This is very interesting.

Who is your source? This better not be a complete joke, did Painter even make a visit? he was recently at NC State.
Tradition Never Graduates..

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 01:35:59 AM »
Who is your source? This better not be a complete joke, did Painter even make a visit? he was recently at NC State.
It's reliable, but like I said, he said it is not 100% for sure.  I'm not trying to just make a BS rumor, so if he ends up not committing I apologize, but it is likely he will.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 07:23:12 AM »
I just spoke with a buddy at work who is the biggest florida fan I have ever seen and had the following to say...  "The reason Painter is not going to Florida, is because he can't make grades, so he is backing out of his committment."

Now let me get up on my ivory tower.. Seriously, is it easier to get into Marquette than Florida?  If so, I don't know why, but I would find that dissapointing.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

nyg

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 07:36:52 AM »
Painter is scheduled to visit University of Maryland tommorow. 

sgurgs

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 08:55:54 AM »
well, i love marquette, but florida is actually pretty highly ranked. as one of the few truly legit schools in the south, its admissions are incredibly competitive, especially because anyone in-state with above a 3.5 and a 1200 SAT gets free tuition there (and anyone with over a 3.0 and a 1000 gets 75%). i coached track down there for a few years and had runners who had decent grades who had to do juco before going there, of course those are runners, not bb players.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 09:08:09 AM by sgurgs »

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »
well, i love marquette, but florida is actually pretty highly ranked. as one of the few truly legit schools in the south, it's admissions are incredibly competitive, especially because anyone in-state with above a 3.5 and a 1200 SAT gets free tuition there (and anyone with over a 3.0 and a 1000 gets 75%). i coached track down there for a few years and had runners who had decent grades who had to do juco before going there, of course those are runners, not bb players.

Thanks.  I didn't know that.  I guess I just let my state school / big athletic school stereotype cloud my vision.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 10:06:05 AM »
I won't question the academics at Florida - while I have no idea what standard they apply for football and basketball players, I have heard that they are generally pretty respectable.  Still, I'd be surprised (and disappointed) if MU would be a "fallback" for a player who can't get in there.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 10:25:52 AM »
I have no doubts Buzz is still recruiting because he flat out said he is.  If one of the incoming recruits doesn't qualify, Painter would be a very good backup plan.  The longer Painter waits on his commitment the better for us.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 11:59:31 AM »
Wow, interesting news.  A recruiting class of 8 would be crazy, and it's not like 7 already isn't  :)

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 12:31:09 PM »
Anyone know how do academic standards differ between Florida and FSU?  Just curious.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 01:41:11 PM »
Anyone know how do academic standards differ between Florida and FSU?  Just curious.

Just taking a guess that they are close to Marquette and UW-Waukesha standards
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 01:48:37 PM »
per us news, florida is #49, mu #77, fsu #102

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 02:15:42 PM »
Painter is scheduled to visit University of Maryland tommorow. 

and in an article on Rivals dated 5/4, he said that he wants to make a decision after the visit to Maryland... 

"I want to visit Maryland next weekend, and then make a decision after that"
http://marquette.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=942506

From what I can piece together, it sounds like he was originally thinking of taking all of his visits (incl. MU) but has since changed his mind.  Perhaps we had an offer and pulled it back after we got Mbao.  ?-(

"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

jt92

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 03:04:16 PM »
I wouldn't mind dropping Rosboro and Otule.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 03:19:24 PM »

Explain your reasoning.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 03:27:55 PM »

That's what I'm afraid of: Pulling a Crean. ;)
SS Marquette

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 03:40:11 PM »
Crean still pulls his crean.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

nyg

• All American
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 04:41:10 PM »
Keep Roseboro and Otule, they will be great practice players and not complain about playing time.  Another four star recruit, good grief, what is going on here?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2009, 04:44:01 PM »
Keep Roseboro and Otule, they will be great practice players and not complain about playing time.  Another four star recruit, good grief, what is going on here?

Obviously, if we can get another four star recruit, that would be great.  But, someone would have to go.  Who would it be?  Liam was the easy one to figure out.  I don't know who the next one would be.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Buzz4Prez

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009, 06:36:11 PM »
There is a rumor that he could reclassify to a 2010 by going the prep route.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2009, 08:21:39 PM »
we need another PG in 2010 before another 4/5.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2009, 08:33:14 PM »
My guess is that McMorrow frees up a scholarship for painter. Mbao's scholarship was already covered by something else. The question is what? Before Mbao signed Buzz had been quoted as saying he may sign up to two more players, so something else must be happening. I wonder if it has to do with the open assistant coach position? Could the father of a Marquette player become an assistant coach and then the player would not need a scholarship? I do not know the rules, but find the idea intriguing. Buzz seems to consider all possiblities(no stone left unturned) so if it is possble he has thought of it. Imagine UW fans uproar if we made Maymon's father an assistant coach. Imagine the effect on Van der Blue who is good friends with Maymon and therefore must know Maymon's father. Maymon's father did play basketball, so he must know something about the game. Now I do not really believe this will happen but the thought of the Badger's reaction to this especially if Van der Blue came along would be very enjoyable.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2009, 08:42:28 PM »
My guess is that McMorrow frees up a scholarship for painter. Mbao's scholarship was already covered by something else. The question is what? Before Mbao signed Buzz had been quoted as saying he may sign up to two more players, so something else must be happening. I wonder if it has to do with the open assistant coach position? Could the father of a Marquette player become an assistant coach and then the player would not need a scholarship? I do not know the rules, but find the idea intriguing. Buzz seems to consider all possiblities(no stone left unturned) so if it is possble he has thought of it. Imagine UW fans uproar if we made Maymon's father an assistant coach. Imagine the effect on Van der Blue who is good friends with Maymon and therefore must know Maymon's father. Maymon's father did play basketball, so he must know something about the game. Now I do not really believe this will happen but the thought of the Badger's reaction to this especially if Van der Blue came along would be very enjoyable.

Man... that's taking a pretty big leap.

From how our team looked last year, I'd have to say that Coobie not playing  any longer is more likely than whatever it is you just suggested *boggle*

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2009, 08:46:05 PM »

Dude, are you for real? This scenerio won't play out. If another recruit is signed, rest assured someone won't qualify freeing up the needed schollie.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2009, 08:56:18 PM »

Dude, are you for real? This scenerio won't play out. If another recruit is signed, rest assured someone won't qualify freeing up the needed schollie.

There is another option.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2009, 08:58:46 PM »

So before the kid's even stepped on campus, you've already relegated Roseboro to the status of "practice player"?
Call me crazy, but I'm going to give the kid a year, maybe even two, before deciding that's he's essentially a glorified walk on.
But at least you know him well enough to say he'll be satisfied with that role.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2009, 09:13:56 PM »

There is another option.

OK, hit me up with it.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2009, 09:30:54 PM »

OK, hit me up with it.

Look up at the post by Buzz4Prez...

Regardless...the playes and coaches know with 99% certainty (a "Trevor" accounts for that last 1%) what is going on with the roster.

redbirdwarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2009, 10:27:54 PM »
Check CCAP.  Buzz will not have Maymon's dad coaching.

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2009, 10:40:42 PM »
There is a rumor that he could reclassify to a 2010 by going the prep route.

Then he would be a 2010 recruit along with Bowen and Clark.

Which leaves open the question as to whether or not we are done for 2009.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2009, 11:38:25 PM »
Crean still pulls his crean.

Nah, don't you read his Twitter?

Joanie made him stop pulling his crean. Something about too much would make him go blind.

VwArrior1

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2009, 02:52:00 PM »
This isnt the first place I've heard Painter has a good chance of commiting to marquette.  Can I have the link?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2009, 03:45:16 PM »
This isnt the first place I've heard Painter has a good chance of commiting to marquette.  Can I have the link?
I don't have a link or a written source.  I heard it from somebody who has some inside sources on Marquette basketball (it is not Marquette employee though).  Like I said, it is not 100% for sure, but it is likely that he will do so.  If it turns out to be false I apologize.

Just out of curiosity, where did you hear this from?

VwArrior1

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2009, 03:59:19 PM »
It was in another forum somewhere.  I'll look for it and try to post it asap.

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2009, 05:08:01 PM »
In a comment below the article in the JS about changing the injured player FT rule, somebody stated that he would sign with MU.

He has been to VT, NCST, and he is at Maryland this weekend and a  few articles are saying he is done with Visits and he will pick between the 3 schools. 

Does anybody know if he is going to visit MU?  Or is it possible he would pick us without visiting?

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2009, 11:22:44 PM »
Just throwing this out there...

I know MoAck has one year of eligibility left, but is he in any position to pull a "Kelly Lam" - graduating with one year of eligibility left?

They both were transfers so I figured the year sitting out should have made him on the graduation track...no?
SS Marquette

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2009, 05:53:31 AM »
Obviously, if we can get another four star recruit, that would be great.  But, someone would have to go.  Who would it be?  Liam was the easy one to figure out.  I don't know who the next one would be.

I bet it won't be this kid: 

"When I was at (The Montclair (N.J.) Kimberley Academy), Coach Crean was at Marquette and they sent me my first big-time letter," Irving recalled. "He went to Indiana, and the relationship developed. They have showed me a lot of support and love."
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

dennycrane

• Starter
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2009, 09:48:59 AM »

This could be one of the dumbest posts I have ever read. Maybe you missed the news that Tim Maymon is an ex con and former drug dealer? You want to see the Badgers reaction to something like this? I would hope the reaction from the Marquette community put to rest such an idiotic idea before it ever got off the ground.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2009, 01:01:26 PM »
This could be one of the dumbest posts I have ever read. Maybe you missed the news that Tim Maymon is an ex con and former drug dealer? You want to see the Badgers reaction to something like this?

The NCAA's reaction would be much more interesting.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2009, 01:01:17 PM »
Virgina Tech took a commitment from a Power Forward today which should eliminate them from Getting Painter.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2009, 01:14:24 PM »
why, has having 7 recruits stopped us from recruiting painter, including 2 PF's?

bma725

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2009, 01:18:44 PM »
why, has having 7 recruits stopped us from recruiting painter, including 2 PF's?

There's really only one PF recruit coming in, Roseboro.

Maymon may be listed as a PF by some of the services, but he's really more of a 3.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2009, 01:25:48 PM »
There's really only one PF recruit coming in, Roseboro.

Maymon may be listed as a PF by some of the services, but he's really more of a 3.

blows my mind that people see Maymon as a 3 and also see Hayward as a 4.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2009, 01:31:30 PM »

Regardless of who is the "3" or the "4"...it should be fun watching both of them on the court at the same time.

Hayward can best be described as an undersized 4.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2009, 01:32:48 PM »

I wouldn't say Hayward is a 4.  He may play the 4 out of necessity but that doesn't make him one.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2009, 01:38:05 PM »

Hayward's experience at the 4 rebounding still make him a good candidate while our young guys learn.  We can always switch it up with Maymon/Lazar, but I think Hayward will be inside quite a bit still playing the 4 (at least at the start of the season).

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2009, 01:38:19 PM »

Hayward can best be described as an undersized 4.

It's been mentioned on here before that Hayward should play his "natural" position, the 3 but it's also been argued that he's better as an undersized 4 because he's not quick enough to play against most BE 3's and even though he's shorter than most 4's he's tough enough to battle down low and quicker than them to cause some match-up issues for other teams.  i hope Maymom plays the 3 and Zar plays at the 4 next year.

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2009, 01:52:28 PM »
In regard to Roseboro, I see him playing more of the 5 than the 4.  I really wonder at 6-10 if he would have the foot speed for the 4 in the big East.

Also the Reason I said it eminated VT, Is because they are now over the limit by either 1 or 2.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2009, 02:00:21 PM »
In regard to Roseboro, I see him playing more of the 5 than the 4.  I really wonder at 6-10 if he would have the foot speed for the 4 in the big East.

Also the Reason I said it eminated VT, Is because they are now over the limit by either 1 or 2.

not sur about the Roseboro comment, in his video's he seemed surprisingly mobile for his size... he certainly isn't a donkey of a big man like in the old days... Clausen I am looking at you.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2009, 09:53:31 PM »
This Hayward talk is confusing me.  Did I watch the right season?  Last season, I saw Hayward score a majority of his points at the three and 12 to 15 foot range.  I saw Hayward as one of the biggest bodies on the floor (sadly) and forced to play a 4 or 5.  I saw a team who had outstanding guard play and never had to ask Hayward to create.  I saw Buzz comment about Hayward saying he was playing out of position.  Where is this small 4 coming from?  Plus, I don't think there will be much distinction between the 2, 3, 4.  Based on last season's offense and Buzz's recruiting, it seems like the offense will be a PG, C, and three wings.

I think Hayward will be huge next season and contend for BE POY.   
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2009, 10:08:01 PM »
This Hayward talk is confusing me.  Did I watch the right season?  Last season, I saw Hayward score a majority of his points at the three and 12 to 15 foot range.  I saw Hayward as one of the biggest bodies on the floor (sadly) and forced to play a 4 or 5.  I saw a team who had outstanding guard play and never had to ask Hayward to create.  I saw Buzz comment about Hayward saying he was playing out of position.  Where is this small 4 coming from?  Plus, I don't think there will be much distinction between the 2, 3, 4.  Based on last season's offense and Buzz's recruiting, it seems like the offense will be a PG, C, and three wings.

I think Hayward will be huge next season and contend for BE POY.   

Was he covered by another 3 or by a 4?  I think that's the question.  If he was covered by a traditional 4, then he has an edge on the perimeter because of his range, they can't keep up with him. 

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2009, 08:12:56 AM »
It's been mentioned on here before that Hayward should play his "natural" position, the 3 but it's also been argued that he's better as an undersized 4 because he's not quick enough to play against most BE 3's and even though he's shorter than most 4's he's tough enough to battle down low and quicker than them to cause some match-up issues for other teams.  i hope Maymom plays the 3 and Zar plays at the 4 next year.

I agree with this completely.

I think one of Lazar's strengths is his ability to play both positions. I don't think playing "the 3" exclusively would help him in the least.

His versatility and ability to play both positions provide him with an advantage over most forwards, and that needs to be used.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 11:49:46 AM by 2002mualum »

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2009, 08:21:41 AM »
I think this Thread started about Painter, This is from a Maryland site:  I'm not sure we are still in the running or not.  It sure seems like we are not.

DeShawn Painter Eliminates Virginia Tech–Will Announce on May 18
May 12th, 2009 · No Comments
One of the final pieces on th 2009 Basketball puzzle for Coach Williams is the addition of 6′9″ power forward, DeShawn Painter to the roster. DeShawn had his official visit to College Park this past weekend. Terrapintimes.com reports that DeShawn will make his announcement of where he plans to matriculate on May 18. The choice is down to 2 schools, Maryland and NC State.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2009, 10:14:08 AM »
Wadesworld, any followup to what you originally heard on Painter?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
Painter to NC State
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2009, 11:35:05 PM »
Well, so much for wadesworld's sources...

"ESPNU 100 forward DeShawn Painter made his decision on Wednesday, choosing the N.C. State Wolfpack over Maryland. Painter signed with Florida in the fall but was released from his scholarship in April.

Painter will join fellow ESPNU 100 prospects Lorenzo Brown and Richard Howell along with Scott Wood, Josh Davis and Jordan Vandenberg in the 2009 Wolfpack class."

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=152&page=briefingroom&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d152%26page%3dbriefingroom%26season%3d2009

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2009, 11:59:32 PM »
Yup sorry, I apologize.  I believed a person that I believed to be a reliable source and it turned out he was wrong.  He said it wasn't 100% for sure but that it was likely to happen, but it turns out it won't happen.  My apologies.  Hopefully we can get Vander Blue.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
Agreed, as good as Painter is we really could use Vander Blue more.  We have been spoiled by incredible ball handling the last few years, and with only one year of Acker left I sure would like to know we have two guys who can play the point for 2010-11, preferably both with a year under their belt.  On Hayward, even if he plays a 4, I'm just thrilled he won't have to be our best rebounder on the court all the time so that he can float out and hit threes knowing he will still have two guys who can crash the boards.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).