[Today at 03:27:33 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 03:22:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 12:46:07 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nick Williams Leaving Indiana  (Read 8995 times)

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
Re: Nick Williams Leaving Indiana
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 03:02:06 PM »
Apparently he's heading to Mississippi.

Good for NW. I wish him the best at Ole Miss. Seems like a good kid.

I've tried to keep my silence regarding the anti-Crean faction of posters on this board. But I can't hold my tongue any longer. So here's my small rant, and then I will never speak of this again.......

For the posters that continue to bash our former head coach...GET OVER IT ALREADY! Yes...he was, is, and always will be a slick, slimy, publicity seeking d bag. But most of you never had a problem with it when he was here because he was OUR slick, slimy, publicity seeking d bag.

Haywire...why do you have to turn every thread into a "here's why I hate Tom Crean" thread? He's not here to ruin your life anymore. Instead of saying good riddance (which I will never do because he brought us to the Big East, helped get our players a state of the art practice facility in the Al McGuire Center, brought us all time MU greats like Wade, Diener, Novak, James, McNeal, and Matthews), instead, you continue to act like a jilted lover who still can't seem to get over an ex even though she's moved on.

Who cares what players have transferred from MU during TC's time here, nor should it matter who leaves his program at Indiana now and in the future.  The past is the past. Now is the time to get excited about a new era of Marquette basketball. We've got seven new players suiting up next season and I for one cannot wait to see this new group in action.

Rant over!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 03:13:14 PM by mosarsour »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 04:02:32 PM »
I'm on record as not being able to stand the slimey db for the last 5 years that he was on MU's payroll.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 04:08:59 PM »
I'm on record as not being able to stand the slimey db for the last 5 years that he was on MU's payroll.
And...we should give you a gold star or something for that opinion....get over it.... ::)

Rockmic87

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 05:58:21 PM »
You can bet that Crean is starting to feel pressure from Calipari now that he has turned the kentucky program around soo quickly!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 06:21:18 PM »
You can bet that Crean is starting to feel pressure from Calipari now that he has turned the kentucky program around soo quickly!

I think you'll need to wait a few years to tell if Calipari was a good hire.  Sure he landed a great recruiting class, but can he get them to win.

Well, at least that's the line I've heard repeatedly about Buzz...

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 12:30:49 PM »
Quote from: Rockmic87 on May 19, 2009, 05:58:21 PM

I think you'll need to wait a few years to tell if Calipari was a good hire.  Sure he landed a great recruiting class, but can he get them to win.

--- haha now that's clever.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2009, 12:54:45 PM »

Rocky,
Probably the best post I've ever seen on this board.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 01:51:43 PM »

edit:

Absolutely.  Why should we restrict ourselves to Calipari's 17 year record of being a collegiate head coach, which includes two final four appearances?

Now, if his sole head coaching experience was a 14-17 record at New Orleans, and then a 25-10 record with someone else's recruits, then we could give him the benefit of a doubt right away.

Before this kicks off any sort of crappy message board exchange, or lest I be labeled a Buzz Basher (the horror!), this post was entirely tongue in cheek.  For the record, I think Buzz did a fine job coaching this past year and I'm mostly confident he'll be a good head coach.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 02:06:59 PM by Henry Sugar »
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 06:04:32 AM »
Apparently he's heading to Mississippi.

A cautionary tale of why "immediate playing time" may not be the best reason for a kid to choose a school.  Sometimes coming off the bench for 15 minutes a game is a better option early on.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 11:38:14 AM »
There was no way in hell MU ever, EVER would have taken a look at someone like Calipari. A slimy weasel who would drag MU's graduation rate into the gutter.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 03:06:57 PM »
There was no way in hell MU ever, EVER would have taken a look at someone like Calipari. A slimy weasel who would drag MU's graduation rate into the gutter.

Do you like winning?  I would take 30 win seasons year in and year out.  I agree the graduation rate would take a backseat.  But lets face it, come March as we are arguing whether we should have been a 1 or 2 seed, no one would give a crap about the grad rates.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2009, 03:12:04 PM »
Do you like winning?  I would take 30 win seasons year in and year out.  I agree the graduation rate would take a backseat.  But lets face it, come March as we are arguing whether we should have been a 1 or 2 seed, no one would give a crap about the grad rates.

I'll throw a poll up.  I'd bet that residents of this forum are split pretty well on that issue.  I'd have a hard time giving up our graduation rate for a few basketball wins.

*edited to add the link to the poll
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 03:22:09 PM by Skatastrophy »

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2009, 03:31:26 PM »

ya know, I don't mind if they admit some stud players who aren't the best students, as long as they keep graduating these kids.

If they start taking kids and not graduating them, I'll still be a fan, but definitely not proud of the program. MU is making a TON of money off of these kids, so I think it's the school's responsibility to recruit, coach, teach, and graduate these kids.

Just my opinion.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2009, 04:58:12 PM »
ya know, I don't mind if they admit some stud players who aren't the best students, as long as they keep graduating these kids.

If they start taking kids and not graduating them, I'll still be a fan, but definitely not proud of the program. MU is making a TON of money off of these kids, so I think it's the school's responsibility to recruit, coach, teach, and graduate these kids.

Just my opinion.

That's pretty much how I see it.  Ska, maybe you could add that as a poll choice.  You already know everyone loves pancakes.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2009, 07:41:49 PM »
That's pretty much how I see it.  Ska, maybe you could add that as a poll choice.  You already know everyone loves pancakes.

I can't think of a concise way to word that idea to add it as a poll option.  If you help me out with the wording I'll throw it up there.

feedback