collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OT accessing MU scout?  (Read 2009 times)

mug644

• All American
OT accessing MU scout?
« on: January 16, 2015, 07:33:38 AM »
I know many folks here aren't so keen on the Scout board, but I also know that many people read and post to both.

Is anyone having trouble getting to the site lately? Since they changed the format a few weeks ago, I've periodically been unable to access it, typically getting an "Error! Could not fetch Forum information" message. It's been especially a problem in the last 2-3 days. On the other hand, it will suddenly work too.

Can't figure it out.

Any similar experiences, or explanations?

(Funny, as I'm typing this, I'm finally been able to get in. I guess I'll post a similar thread there.)

tower912

• All American
Re: OT accessing MU scout?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 09:10:08 AM »
  Maybe Scout is having technical issues because of Ners posting so much there.   ;D    FWIW, I haven't had any problems. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 09:16:59 AM »
Why would anyone wanna go to that site with the strong arm tactics employed by the moderator. I was banned years ago for saying, "who in the hell is IWB"?
Guess I was way ahead of the curve, hey? Fook 'em
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 09:21:11 AM »
Perhaps Dodds has banned everyone but himself.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 09:23:55 AM »
  Maybe Scout is having technical issues because of Ners posting so much there.   ;D    FWIW, I haven't had any problems. 

That's the kind witty response I figured I'd get.

Why would anyone wanna go to that site with the strong arm tactics employed by the moderator. I was banned years ago for saying, "who in the hell is IWB"?
Guess I was way ahead of the curve, hey? Fook 'em

That's the kind of dumb-a$$ remark I worried I'd get. Thanks for your help and insight.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 09:28:24 AM »
Perhaps Dodds has banned everyone but himself.
You may dig it there Sultan, he is a big Derrick slurper. More than he was a Buzz slurper.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 09:29:24 AM »
Dude, I hope you find your way navigatin' Scout, 'cuz that's where you belong.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 09:31:15 AM »
I enjoy both.   Its variations of the same conversations from different perspectives.   I appreciate the minimalist approach by the mods here.   Dodds moderates much more tightly.   It is his board and his choice.   
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:35:26 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 09:49:43 AM »
Why would anyone wanna go to that site with the strong arm tactics employed by the moderator.

A question I ask myself every day; it's just something you learn to live with after a while... it was nice touch that they started a thread where we could vent about their tyrannical strong-armedness recently that gave the impression of a softened moderator image, but when they shut it down a couple days later, it was pretty clear it was nothing more than a propaganda effort.  I suppose you're willing to deal with hard-ass mods when you really love to chat MU with your fellow Scoopers.

Oh wait... you were talking about Scout there, aina?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 02:56:01 PM »
it was nice touch that they started a thread where we could vent about their tyrannical strong-armedness recently that gave the impression of a softened moderator image, but when they shut it down a couple days later, it was pretty clear it was nothing more than a propaganda effort. 

Scoop's very own Prague Spring...

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 03:16:50 PM »
Dude, I hope you find your way navigatin' Scout, 'cuz that's where you belong.

Hahaha +1
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter