Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: One good thing.  (Read 1168 times)

Marquette84

• All American
One good thing.
« on: February 26, 2009, 06:14:03 PM »
Buzz won't have to go far to find bulletin board material.  He won't have to wait and hope that Pitino says something that gets picked up by the Courier Journal.

Nope, all Buzz has to do is look here, on the MARQUETTE board to find the lack of confidence,

Here's all Buzz has to say:

Guys, let me give you a sense of what people expect from us.  Here's is what our most ardent fans are saying about us, from our very own message board.

Usually I tell how that the other team doesn't respect us, and I ask you to get mad and prove them wrong.

Well, men, OUR OWN FANS are disrespecting us.  If there was ever a time to be mad, this is it.  If there was ever a time to step up, do it now. 

• "we lost about three seeding positions (which assumes a win last night), and went from a Sweet 16, maybe more, to a one win, maybe one and done team."
  • "I think people are going to immediately see how much we miss james when we go against louisville this weekend and pitino's constant press."
  • "You are delusional if you think the loss of James doesnt create new problems."
  • "I'm sorry, but it is the end of the world if your hopes were for an elite 8/final 4 run.....there is NO way they make that run without James."
  • "He is very ineffective in the half court set both on offense and defense. "

Guys, go out there and prove them wrong!

avid1010

• All American
Re: One good thing.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 06:22:48 PM »
As long as Buzz is reading this thread for motivational material I'd like to ask him how he keeps his players focused, and also how he feels about his high salary being paid for by MU students' tuition.

Here's a thought for motivation.  Go out and give it your all, like you have all year, and do so with the leadership of DJ in mind.  I think they have plenty of motivation, but I'm not sure they need it.  That's what has been so great about this team all year long.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 07:12:27 PM »
Yes. He should definitely do that. Look out Louisville!  ::)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 08:20:43 PM »
Buzz knows the score. In the postgame he allowed as to how MU had gone from a team with a small margin for error to one with none. He would be the first to agree that the team has been significantly weakened. That doesn't mean that he and the team will throw in the towel - their goal, like any true competitor, is to win every time they step on the court. Unfortunately, achieving those goals has become much less likely.