[May 13, 2024, 07:04:22 PM]

Ben Gold's summer by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 05:58:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 04:51:05 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by tower912
[May 13, 2024, 04:33:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Crazy Stampede in Israel  (Read 1096 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Crazy Stampede in Israel
« on: April 30, 2021, 06:57:23 AM »
Awful news at that festival.  And bizzare.  I guess they are investigating how this happened but it may just be a terrible accident.  Still, since they have this celebration every year at that spot you do have to wonder?   Condolences to that community and Israel. 

MU82

• All American
Re: Crazy Stampede in Israel
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 07:13:09 AM »
Dozens dead. Police and the government getting blamed.

Velvel Brevda, a rabbi who witnessed the stampede, accused police of putting up barriers that had prevented people from leaving through exits that were usually open in past years.

“Where should we leave from?” he said. “And the officers who were there couldn’t care less.”

He said the government was responsible for the deaths of “beautiful holy Jews that were killed here for no reason whatsoever, just to prove a point that they’re in charge of this place instead of the Orthodox Jews being in charge.”
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 09:28:18 AM »
It sounds like this was a death-trap for years.  Where did you read  this quote that police were preventing them from getting out? 

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 10:47:28 AM »
Just awful. My heart goes out to them. Getting trapped and trampled is one of my biggest fears. I did the Fire Science program at MATC and in the fire inspector class we did a deep dive into the Station Nightclub fire from 2003. Seeing the footage of the crowds desperately pressing toward the exits while an immovable pile of humans blocked their way is seared into my brain.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 01:28:46 PM »
Very tragic outcome. But it appears as if there really was no root cause of a stampede, rather just people impatiently trying to get out of an exit and too many people present at once.

I really don't understand, how with no external threats, people couldn't be patient, and literally trampled people to death simply wanting to leave.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 02:06:49 PM »
Very tragic outcome. But it appears as if there really was no root cause of a stampede, rather just people impatiently trying to get out of an exit and too many people present at once.

I really don't understand, how with no external threats, people couldn't be patient, and literally trampled people to death simply wanting to leave.

Yep, it was largely impatience and then some unfounded panic once some people fell.  My fiancee’s BIL is Israeli and I asked him about it and he said it had a reputation for being a bit chaotic and lacking control.  He also said the blaming of the government was preposterous

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 04:13:03 PM »
Perhaps, but I read that in past years there were 400K at this event and there were 100K a few days ago.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 05:48:03 PM »
It sounds like this was a death-trap for years.  Where did you read  this quote that police were preventing them from getting out?

I think it was an AP article, but I'm not 100% sure anymore.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson