collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 188064 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #2225 on: July 15, 2021, 10:53:04 AM »

Shorter turn around AND the Bucks had to travel.

I didn’t understand why they came home after game 6 in Atlanta. I know people who went to the “welcome back” from Atlanta at the airport, where the team landed at 2 AM and then probably took an hour to get home since they had to drive through a crowd of people. Then I know others who went to the “send off” to Phoenix at 5 PM that same day. Why would they not have just flown Atlanta to Phoenix?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2226 on: July 15, 2021, 10:55:52 AM »
Likely had ta use up sum Kohl's Cash four fresh tidy whities, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2227 on: July 15, 2021, 10:58:52 AM »
I also think what Sultan said is key. Bud took some flack for both resting guys and experimenting with defenses this year. Clearly the record wasn't what it was the past two seasons, but no matter what happens from here the end result is better. They have to win on the road, but they got wins in Miami, Brooklyn, and Atlanta. No reason to think they can't do it again.

No doubt they are capable. Every time I've doubted them they've given me the finger and proved me wrong. Gotta stick with what works.  ;D

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #2228 on: July 15, 2021, 12:07:59 PM »
Seeing it in slo-mo, I'm not 100% positive Ayton gets this one down - he only had it by the fingertips, not sure how much control he actually had - but WOW what a play by Giannis.

https://twitter.com/BillyHeyen/status/1415519196541243392?s=20

Also, slightly casual from Book there. I know Ayton is 7 feet but he made the big man reach for that one. Should have been an easier catch closer to the rim.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

roadwarrior3

• Walk-On
« Reply #2229 on: July 15, 2021, 01:12:02 PM »
This won't be a popular opinion...but I absolutely hate the way Jae Crowder plays. I know part of it is due to the way the NBA is officiated but man I've never seen a 6-6 235lb man end up on the ground as often and easily as he does. That combined with his whining and trash talking makes me just view him as a punk instead of the tough gritty player he was at MU.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2230 on: July 15, 2021, 01:15:00 PM »
You now sound like a fan of other Big East teams while he Jae was at MU.   Andre Drummond and Huggy wonder what took you so long.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2231 on: July 15, 2021, 01:15:16 PM »
This won't be a popular opinion...but I absolutely hate the way Jae Crowder plays. I know part of it is due to the way the NBA is officiated but man I've never seen a 6-6 235lb man end up on the ground as often and easily as he does. That combined with his whining and trash talking makes me just view him as a punk instead of the tough gritty player he was at MU.

He's learned how to flop with the best of them no doubt.  But he trash talked at MU just as much as he does now.  (Throat slash anyone?)

He's still a tough and gritty player - just not on the team you are rooting for.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #2232 on: July 15, 2021, 01:30:55 PM »
At least you didn't call him a thug.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2233 on: July 15, 2021, 01:32:56 PM »
Love Jae. Always will.

Hope he goes 0 for the rest of the series.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2234 on: July 15, 2021, 02:36:14 PM »
Chris Paul- 5 turnovers
Milwaukee Bucks- 5 turnovers.

Giannis- 5 ORB
Phoenix Suns- 5ORB

As a result, the Bucks took 19 more shots and 10 more free throws.

That is how you survive when your PG goes 4-20 from the field

Excellent stats, excellent point.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2235 on: July 15, 2021, 03:24:26 PM »
Bradley Beal out of the Olympics due to COVID.  Grant in protocols.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2236 on: July 15, 2021, 03:38:51 PM »
I guess it hasn’t come out if Beal is vaccinated or not. If not, I can’t understand how someone would travel to Japan for the Olympics and not be vaccinated.

• All American
« Reply #2237 on: July 15, 2021, 03:51:21 PM »
I guess it hasn’t come out if Beal is vaccinated or not. If not, I can’t understand how someone would travel to Japan for the Olympics and not be vaccinated.

He'd be in good company.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2238 on: July 15, 2021, 05:55:05 PM »

Crowder in the NBA is like a Dennis Rodman type. Does the little things, tons to help you win, but opponents will hate his tactics. He really oversells fouls and does the annoying dirty work.

It's different than at Marquette in that he's no longer among the most talented players on the court, but what hasn't changed, and what made him a great college player and made me completely confident he'd be a good NBA player is that he's willing to do whatever it takes to win.

That sounds like hyperbole, but whether it's being first to the floor for a loose ball, selling a foul, or just outworking everyone to a rebound, he's relentless. That's why he's always a fan favorite for his team, but will be anathema to opponents.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2239 on: July 15, 2021, 06:00:09 PM »

Multiple of the Yankees who tested positive were vaccinated, so people probably shouldn’t be quick to assume he wasn’t

• All American
« Reply #2240 on: July 15, 2021, 06:35:07 PM »
Multiple of the Yankees who tested positive were vaccinated, so people probably shouldn’t be quick to assume he wasn’t

Vaccinated people shouldn’t be tested unless symptomatic.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2241 on: July 15, 2021, 07:05:52 PM »

He shoulda been a soccer player the way he flops. On defense, he whines over every foul.

roadwarrior3

• Walk-On
« Reply #2242 on: July 15, 2021, 07:14:41 PM »
Crowder in the NBA is like a Dennis Rodman type. Does the little things, tons to help you win, but opponents will hate his tactics. He really oversells fouls and does the annoying dirty work.

It's different than at Marquette in that he's no longer among the most talented players on the court, but what hasn't changed, and what made him a great college player and made me completely confident he'd be a good NBA player is that he's willing to do whatever it takes to win.

That sounds like hyperbole, but whether it's being first to the floor for a loose ball, selling a foul, or just outworking everyone to a rebound, he's relentless. That's why he's always a fan favorite for his team, but will be anathema to opponents.

His flopping can be so over the top. It isn't just him, there are obviously plenty of players in the NBA who do it, but it just seems so fraudulent for a guy like him who carries himself as a tough guy, grinded through juco, was on the boot-camp Buzz teams, worked his way up from end of the bench player etc to now play like that.

Your perception of him doing whatever it takes to win though is an interesting viewpoint I hadn't really looked at it as but it's a fair one...if the refs are going to call it you might as well do it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2243 on: July 15, 2021, 07:59:32 PM »

Love Jae.

I can see why Miami wanted to keep him, and why the Suns went out and got him. He's the kind of player every winning team needs.

Saturday night, he might get hot from 3 and score 24 points ... and help the Suns win. Or he might score 3 points all night, dive on the floor a bunch of times, commit hard fouls, draw a few fouls, battle for rebounds, make Giannis work, flop a couple times to drive some people nuts ... and help the Suns win.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2244 on: July 15, 2021, 08:07:17 PM »
His flopping can be so over the top. It isn't just him, there are obviously plenty of players in the NBA who do it, but it just seems so fraudulent for a guy like him who carries himself as a tough guy, grinded through juco, was on the boot-camp Buzz teams, worked his way up from end of the bench player etc to now play like that.

Your perception of him doing whatever it takes to win though is an interesting viewpoint I hadn't really looked at it as but it's a fair one...if the refs are going to call it you might as well do it.

Fraudulent? LMAO. He still plays tough, doesn’t back down, does anything to help his team win.  If the refs stopped calling the flops, he wouldn’t do it anymore.  Imagine calling an undersized forward who has clawed out a starting spot on 2 different finals teams “fraudulent” cause of some twisted sense of what tough supposedly is to you. I’d love you to tell Jae he’s fraudulent to his face or that you think he’s soft cause he sells some fouls like 90% of the league.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #2245 on: July 15, 2021, 08:15:35 PM »
He shoulda been a soccer player the way he flops. On defense, he whines over every foul.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2246 on: July 15, 2021, 08:44:00 PM »

Crowder is a very good, if limited, player. Hard nosed, more than capable of holding his own in most match ups.

That's what last night was so irritating as a Bucks fan and a Jae fan. There are a lot of match ups that are not good for him in this series. That he's resorting to these antics is him telling on himself.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #2247 on: July 15, 2021, 09:17:53 PM »
I thought Jae was noticeably more obnoxious this past game which I think goes against the role he wants to play. I also think Booker has been more obnoxious though and I’ve lost a bit of respect for him after really only seeing highlights.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2248 on: July 15, 2021, 09:36:53 PM »
Crowder is a very good, if limited, player. Hard nosed, more than capable of holding his own in most match ups.

That's what last night was so irritating as a Bucks fan and a Jae fan. There are a lot of match ups that are not good for him in this series. That he's resorting to these antics is him telling on himself.

Jae “resorts” to what the rules allow and to how the refs call it.

He’s a winner, he’s not dirty, he doesn’t cheat, he plays hard, his teammates and coaches love him.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #2249 on: July 15, 2021, 10:10:39 PM »
Jae “resorts” to what the rules allow and to how the refs call it.

He’s a winner, he’s not dirty, he doesn’t cheat, he plays hard, his teammates and coaches love him.
Isn’t flopping cheating?

feedback