collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 188060 times)

LON

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #1125 on: June 11, 2021, 10:46:32 AM »
There should be no circumstances in which someone's personal detail should be allowed. No wonder Ham was pissed breaking it up.

Otherwise we dissolve into anarchy and end up with something like this.

#NeverForget

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1126 on: June 11, 2021, 10:49:16 AM »
There should be no circumstances in which someone's personal detail should be allowed. No wonder Ham was pissed breaking it up.

Otherwise we dissolve into anarchy and end up with something like this.

I think this Jonathan Xavier gets a bad rap for coming onto the court. The man clearly took all the necessary steps by calling timeout before stepping on the court.

In all seriousness, I have to imagine the Nets or KD will be fined. Or at least they should.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1127 on: June 11, 2021, 10:52:29 AM »
I think this Jonathan Xavier gets a bad rap for coming onto the court. The man clearly took all the necessary steps by calling timeout before stepping on the court.

In all seriousness, I have to imagine the Nets or KD will be fined. Or at least they should.

Jonathan's Cuddles > Wojo's

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1128 on: June 11, 2021, 11:18:30 AM »

EASILY the most hilarious thing about that entire situation.  The TO motion still cracks me up whenever I see it.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2021/6/11/22529547/kevin-durant-pj-tucker-fight-bodyguard-bucks-vs-nets-nba-playoffs

Hah.  I thought this was just a Fiserv security guard who overstepped his roll and thought it was a bad look for the Bucks.  Turns out the "security guard" is KD's personal body guard, who is on the Net's payroll.  The NBA should step in and do something about this.  If players cannot enter the court of play during scuffles, I can't imagine a personal body guard is allowed to...

I really want to hear KD's statement on this.  Cause not only is the whole thing patently absurd, but Tucker and KD are friends off the court.  Both have praised each other in the press.  Tucker is locked in, super intense lunatic on the court and KD is ruthless as we all know.  They always jaw at each other.  It wasn't like some bad blood where people were gonna swing on each other. 

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1129 on: June 11, 2021, 11:55:17 AM »
I never noticed the sweet handlebar on the security guard until now. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1130 on: June 11, 2021, 12:07:43 PM »
He may be Durant's personal security guard, but he is employed by the Nets.

Fines and suspensions should happen. The security guard should be treated the same way that any fan who ran onto the court is treated. At a minimum, he should be banned from FiServ.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1131 on: June 11, 2021, 12:51:35 PM »
He may be Durant's personal security guard, but he is employed by the Nets.

Fines and suspensions should happen. The security guard should be treated the same way that any fan who ran onto the court is treated. At a minimum, he should be banned from FiServ.

I would imagine that his salary is built into Durant's deal and he's employed by the Nets for access reasons, like this.

I agree he should be fined and suspended.  But if he is indeed a Nets employee, he shouldn't be banned the same way a coach or trainer wouldn't be banned for the same.  If he was truly a civilian in Durant's employ that rushed out of the stands, that would be a different story, but he's not.  From all accounts he was on the Nets sideline and baseline all game. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1132 on: June 11, 2021, 11:54:07 PM »
Jae is one win away from another conference final
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1133 on: June 12, 2021, 07:18:53 AM »
Jae is one win away from another conference final

Jae is a true impact player, even if he makes his money doing many of the little things that go unnoticed by all but his coaches, teammates and real close observers.

Defensively, he's doing much of what he did at Marquette, using his strength and intelligence to defend guys often much taller than he is. He has found himself isolated on Jokic in the post numerous times, and he has held his own.

Offensively, he's being used quite a bit differently than Buzz deployed him. He mostly hangs out around the 3-point line, waiting for kick-out passes from Paul or Booker. He does a great job of moving the basketball, making that "one more pass" to set up guys even more open than he is. And when he does shoot, he has made 43% of his 3s in the playoffs, and 52% in this series. At Marquette, he was more of a force in the lane because that's what we needed him to be.

One of my all-time favorites, a true warrior. Really happy for him for his NBA success.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1134 on: June 12, 2021, 11:53:02 AM »
I really thought Lazar would have a long career out of the Lazar/Jae/Jimmy group. Jae, and especially Jimmy, vastly outperformed my expectations.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1135 on: June 12, 2021, 09:39:37 PM »
Jae is a true impact player, even if he makes his money doing many of the little things that go unnoticed by all but his coaches, teammates and real close observers.

Defensively, he's doing much of what he did at Marquette, using his strength and intelligence to defend guys often much taller than he is. He has found himself isolated on Jokic in the post numerous times, and he has held his own.

Offensively, he's being used quite a bit differently than Buzz deployed him. He mostly hangs out around the 3-point line, waiting for kick-out passes from Paul or Booker. He does a great job of moving the basketball, making that "one more pass" to set up guys even more open than he is. And when he does shoot, he has made 43% of his 3s in the playoffs, and 52% in this series. At Marquette, he was more of a force in the lane because that's what we needed him to be.

One of my all-time favorites, a true warrior. Really happy for him for his NBA success.

I’m with you all the way, Mike. Very proud that Jae is an alum. Sad that his “kind” is no longer welcome at Marquette. Sadder still that so many Scoopers think that somehow makes us “special” and better than we were previously.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1136 on: June 12, 2021, 10:17:10 PM »
I’m with you all the way, Mike. Very proud that Jae is an alum. Sad that his “kind” is no longer welcome at Marquette. Sadder still that so many Scoopers think that somehow makes us “special” and better than we were previously.

I think it’s sad that you still can’t apparently grasp the issue at hand even after it’s been explained to you repeatedly.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 10:18:41 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1137 on: June 12, 2021, 10:26:08 PM »

Jae's kind isn't welcome at Marquette?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

• All American
« Reply #1138 on: June 12, 2021, 10:29:59 PM »

Lenny’s really isn’t all that with it so we need to be patient and explain it to him multiple times.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1139 on: June 13, 2021, 12:19:50 AM »
Lenny’s really isn’t all that with it so we need to be patient and explain it to him multiple times.

Explain yourself please.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1140 on: June 13, 2021, 07:49:40 AM »
In terms of being a juco with questionable academics to qualify, I think he is saying.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1141 on: June 13, 2021, 12:13:55 PM »

Obviously, Lenny is talking about JC players. We know why and that is on Buzz.

• All American
« Reply #1142 on: June 13, 2021, 02:10:47 PM »
Wojo recruited jucos. Believe he even had one on an official.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1143 on: June 13, 2021, 02:20:59 PM »

Correct. Gonna be a one and done with no intention of ever graduating? Welcome. Gonna be a freshman transfer who has no intention of graduating and is leaving after one year? Come on down.

But if you’re a juco who will be a semester short when your eligibility is up? No thanks. We don’t want your kind, MU is not for you. Anymore, at least.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1144 on: June 13, 2021, 02:28:16 PM »
Correct. Gonna be a one and done with no intention of ever graduating? Welcome. Gonna be a freshman transfer who has no intention of graduating and is leaving after one year? Come on down.

But if you’re a juco who will be a semester short when your eligibility is up? No thanks. We don’t want your kind, MU is not for you. Anymore, at least.

The NCAA rules changed. MU wants to be eligible to play in the post season. They’ll take JUCOs who don’t hurt the chances of that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1145 on: June 13, 2021, 02:35:32 PM »
Explain yourself please.

I’ll explain for him, Chili. He’s been beating this “Lenny is forgetful, Lenny doesn’t get it, Lenny’s out of it” drum for awhile.

Not sure if he’s trying to be funny or if he’s just being a Dick. If the former, epic fail. If the latter, mission accomplished.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 02:40:09 PM by Lennys Tap »

• All American
« Reply #1146 on: June 13, 2021, 02:40:49 PM »
I’ll explain for him, Chili. He’s been beating this “Lenny is forgetful, Lenny doesn’t get it, Lenny’s out of it” drum for awhile.

Not sure if he’s trying to be funny or if he’s just being a Dick. If the former, epic fail. If the latter, mission accomplished. Hi

Pretty good!  Must have been a nice nap!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 02:45:26 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »

• All American
« Reply #1147 on: June 13, 2021, 02:45:03 PM »
The NCAA rules changed. MU wants to be eligible to play in the post season. They’ll take JUCOs who don’t hurt the chances of that.

Again explained repeatedly. Again Lenny’s doesn’t get it. Sad.

• All American
« Reply #1148 on: June 13, 2021, 03:01:13 PM »
NBA playoffs are soooooo much better with crowds.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1149 on: June 13, 2021, 03:21:39 PM »

Glad we had Jae. Loved watching him play. Enjoy hearing announcers often say our alma mater’s name in association with him.

I also have no problem with Marquette no longer allowing athletes who have no chance to graduate.

Both can be true.

I mean, I appreciate the contributions to Marquette of both Buzz and Crean, too. Breaking one of Scoop’s unwritten rules, I know.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 03:36:40 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson