collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 188064 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #1050 on: June 07, 2021, 09:17:44 PM »
Who wins Jae or Markus?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1051 on: June 07, 2021, 09:45:47 PM »
Bam.  Markus just minced the mesh from the right corner.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1052 on: June 07, 2021, 09:51:14 PM »
If they get drilled again and lose in 4 or 5 what would you do if you were the GM?  That was atrocious.

I freshen up the old CV. .

If this keeps up I think you'll see a major house cleaning.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1053 on: June 07, 2021, 09:53:55 PM »
I freshen up the old CV. .

If this keeps up I think you'll see a major house cleaning.

Yep. If they don't win the next two everyone is gone.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1054 on: June 07, 2021, 10:11:47 PM »
I do love that the NBA nixed a trade for the Bucks because they were talking to a restricted free agent before free agency started (as if nobody “tampers” and multi year, multi million dollar deals are all negotiated and signed in 30 seconds after midnight strikes) because Woj got excited and Tweeted it was a #donedeal, take a 2nd round pick away on top of it, but they’ll let Harden go to strip clubs in a pandemic until he’s traded to one specific team and let Blake Griffin just not even leave the ground in basketball games until he’s free to go wherever he wants, as long as it’s NYC or LA.

The NBA is adult AAU. Sure a lesser known team can make a fun run by being well constructed and well coached, but ultimately the team that just gets their star to text other stars are going to win in the end.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1055 on: June 07, 2021, 10:12:50 PM »
Yep. If they don't win the next two everyone is gone.

Who would you go after coaching-wise if it comes to that point?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1056 on: June 07, 2021, 10:13:56 PM »

Juwan Howard. Or package Nick Nurse and Masai Ujiri.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1057 on: June 07, 2021, 10:23:23 PM »

Interesting choices.

I missed the 1stQ but it didn't look like Giannis played with any sense of urgency tonight.  And he still has no confidence with his jumper or free throws.  I'm no fan of Budenholzer but the bottom line is the Bucks did not show up   It kind of looked like me trying to guard Davante and I'm 5'4, 130 lbs.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1058 on: June 07, 2021, 10:32:43 PM »

It would be interesting if Howard would leave his alma mater for an NBA job.

Also, have there been reports that Nurse and Ujiri want out of Toronto? I'm not being snarky. I legit don't know.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1059 on: June 07, 2021, 10:50:35 PM »
It would be interesting if Howard would leave his alma mater for an NBA job.

Also, have there been reports that Nurse and Ujiri want out of Toronto? I'm not being snarky. I legit don't know.

Ujiri was basically crying at his press conference saying he’d have to think about his future. Definitely seemed like he knew it wouldn’t be in Toronto.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1060 on: June 07, 2021, 10:52:51 PM »
Ujiri was basically crying at his press conference saying he’d have to think about his future. Definitely seemed like he knew it wouldn’t be in Toronto.

Thanks.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1061 on: June 07, 2021, 10:55:32 PM »
Suns enter 3Q trailing by 1, end it up by 9.

Jae plays entire quarter for Suns. Markus doesn’t play for Denver.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1062 on: June 07, 2021, 11:04:50 PM »

Monte Morris is 1/10 and -28.

Might be time to give Markus some run
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1063 on: June 07, 2021, 11:06:50 PM »

Bad choice by Malone.  Denver's guards had a rough 3rd Q.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1064 on: June 07, 2021, 11:19:17 PM »
Watching Suns from about midway through 3Q, it’s like watching Hoosiers. Phoenix never seemed to miss.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1065 on: June 07, 2021, 11:31:05 PM »
Watching Suns from about midway through 3Q, it’s like watching Hoosiers. Phoenix never seemed to miss.

CP3 looks closer to back.  That changes everything.  Both Utah and Phoenix are really good.  Ayton has stepped it up. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1066 on: June 07, 2021, 11:37:59 PM »
Jae passed MJ and Dirk on the all time NBA playoff 3pt FG list tonight.

Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #1067 on: June 08, 2021, 12:06:33 AM »
I do love that the NBA nixed a trade for the Bucks because they were talking to a restricted free agent before free agency started (as if nobody “tampers” and multi year, multi million dollar deals are all negotiated and signed in 30 seconds after midnight strikes) because Woj got excited and Tweeted it was a #donedeal, take a 2nd round pick away on top of it, but they’ll let Harden go to strip clubs in a pandemic until he’s traded to one specific team and let Blake Griffin just not even leave the ground in basketball games until he’s free to go wherever he wants, as long as it’s NYC or LA.

The NBA is adult AAU. Sure a lesser known team can make a fun run by being well constructed and well coached, but ultimately the team that just gets their star to text other stars are going to win in the end.

Even if true (life is not fair) does not excuse the fact that the Bucks simply failed to show up  in Brooklyn. Looking like the problems are more intestinal fortitude and intelligence, not so much talent. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1068 on: June 08, 2021, 07:19:57 AM »
Jae passed MJ and Dirk on the all time NBA playoff 3pt FG list tonight.

Which tells you all you need to know about how much basketball has changed.

Michael's famous "Shrug Game," when he hit six 3's? Today, six 3's in a game really does elicit a shrug, because it's relatively common!

Still ...

I am 100% sure that if Michael needed to be a great 3-point shooter because that's what the game had become, he would have turned himself into a great 3-point shooter. Same with Stockton, Wilkins, Gervin, etc etc etc. It was still a novelty shot when they played, something a team used rarely. If the game then was played the way it is now, Frazier and Isiah would have turned themselves into great 3-point shooters.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1069 on: June 08, 2021, 07:22:36 AM »
Even if true (life is not fair) does not excuse the fact that the Bucks simply failed to show up  in Brooklyn. Looking like the problems are more intestinal fortitude and intelligence, not so much talent. 

The lights do seem a little too bright for the Bucks, but even if they were "bringing it," I just don't think they would be very competitive with the Nets.  I'll bump my post below.  The talent is nice for a regular season team, and Bud still coaches them like it's regular season basketball.  Come Playoff time in modern basketball, you need two MVP level players.  The Bucks have one, and his game doesn't carry over well into the Playoffs.  Things were falling their way in 2019 and they collapsed on their own.  That was the season to get their title.

Forbes and Portis couldn't guard Symir Torrence or Matt Heldt, let alone NBA caliber players.  If Forbes isn't completely on fire, he's a net negative.  Portis can play against smaller bigs that can't step out and shoot and aren't options on the roll in a pick and roll.  AKA nobody that will be playing in the Playoffs.  They can both get buckets offensively, but both give up many more than they get defensively.

Tucker will help make players uncomfortable on the defensive end, but he's averaging 2 points per game.  He's a complete and utter non-threat offensively.  He'll stand in a corner and opponents will have a big playing a complete free safety to help on Giannis's drive.

Pat C has been solid for a bench guy, but if I'm the Bucks opponent and that's the most complete player coming off the Bucks' bench, I'm feeling alright.  Teague won't get more than 12 minutes per game, nor should he.

Spoe>>>>>>>>Bud

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1070 on: June 08, 2021, 07:40:20 AM »

Go after a former player...not named Kidd. Its a joke that a lifelong coach like Bud, with a pedigree including sitting next to Pop, is getting his ass handed to him by a do nothing cat like Nash, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1071 on: June 08, 2021, 07:55:50 AM »
The lights do seem a little too bright for the Bucks, but even if they were "bringing it," I just don't think they would be very competitive with the Nets.  I'll bump my post below.  The talent is nice for a regular season team, and Bud still coaches them like it's regular season basketball.  Come Playoff time in modern basketball, you need two MVP level players.  The Bucks have one, and his game doesn't carry over well into the Playoffs.  Things were falling their way in 2019 and they collapsed on their own.  That was the season to get their title.

Yep.  This is why people are so hesitant on Middleton. 

Anyway, I am also not going to lay this all on the coach.  Yeah sure his rotations are questionable at times, but that's not why they lost.  I mean, no one can guard Durant.  That being said, in the NBA sometimes you just need a new voice.  And I think the Bucks are at that moment.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1072 on: June 08, 2021, 08:52:06 AM »
Which tells you all you need to know about how much basketball has changed.

Michael's famous "Shrug Game," when he hit six 3's? Today, six 3's in a game really does elicit a shrug, because it's relatively common!

I think some context is deserved. It wasn't just 6 threes in a game, it was 6 threes in the first half as part of a 35-point half. The shrug happened before halftime. Even in today's NBA, it would be impressive.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1073 on: June 08, 2021, 08:56:30 AM »
I think some context is deserved. It wasn't just 6 threes in a game, it was 6 threes in the first half as part of a 35-point half. The shrug happened before halftime. Even in today's NBA, it would be impressive.

Yes, very true, thanks for that.

I am also not going to lay this all on the coach.  Yeah sure his rotations are questionable at times, but that's not why they lost.  I mean, no one can guard Durant.  That being said, in the NBA sometimes you just need a new voice.  And I think the Bucks are at that moment.

Also very true. It might or might not be "fair," but a change would seem warranted. Same with Portland sacking their coach, who almost always seemed to get the most (or close to it) out of his teams. At some point, "a new voice" is necessary.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1074 on: June 08, 2021, 08:59:38 AM »
I almost hate posting this, because there are enough Scoopers already who hate LeBron more than most people should be hated, but here are the results of an interesting (albeit unscientific) "study" about the most hated NBA players ...

The study tracked negative tweets such as “I hate LeBron” or “LeBron sucks” and similar negative comments for many players. The data was then grouped by region and measured against which players received the most negative tweets across a map of states. James won it, going away with 24 states lining up against him. However, Kyrie Irving factored in second place, with 18 states hating him the most.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/06/07/study-finds-lebron-james-most-hated-player-in-the-nba/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+breitbart+%28Breitbart+News%29

feedback