[May 13, 2024, 08:40:15 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by brewcity77
[May 13, 2024, 07:04:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 04:51:05 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by tower912
[May 13, 2024, 04:33:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 188231 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #725 on: May 22, 2021, 04:14:47 PM »
Lotsa golf yet ta bee played, boychik, aina?

Shaddup an drill, nu?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #726 on: May 22, 2021, 10:28:35 PM »
“Markus Howard has really lit up that Nugget bench. Michael Malone calls him a ‘bucket getter.’”

- ESPN announcer Jason Benetti

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #727 on: May 22, 2021, 10:41:46 PM »
“Markus Howard has really lit up that Nugget bench. Michael Malone calls him a ‘bucket getter.’”

- ESPN announcer Jason Benetti

https://twitter.com/ryancbs4/status/1396306732628934659?s=21

Watching one of the biggest and brightest young stars in the NBA get this fired up and motivational for Markus is amazing.  Kid has made believers out of the Nuggets and their fans.  Incredible how good he’s been in meaningful minutes compared to how much he struggled in spot garbage time earlier in the year

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #728 on: May 22, 2021, 10:47:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/ryancbs4/status/1396306732628934659?s=21

Watching one of the biggest and brightest young stars in the NBA get this fired up and motivational for Markus is amazing.  Kid has made believers out of the Nuggets and their fans.  Incredible how good he’s been in meaningful minutes compared to how much he struggled in spot garbage time earlier in the year

Bam.  Don't forget the young man shot 54% from distance his Freshman year when he wasn't the first option.  The kid can shoot the rock, hopefully he finds a niche.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #729 on: May 23, 2021, 12:19:35 AM »
I still can't believe there are people (and Bucks fans) who think Khris Middleton is not good at basketball.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #730 on: May 23, 2021, 08:00:30 AM »
I still can't believe there are people (and Bucks fans) who think Khris Middleton is not good at basketball.

I don’t think there has ever been a doubt that he is good at basketball, just if he’s good enough to be the second star on a championship team and/or consistently produce like a max player

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #731 on: May 23, 2021, 09:00:33 AM »
I don’t think there has ever been a doubt that he is good at basketball, just if he’s good enough to be the second star on a championship team and/or consistently produce like a max player

I'm not sure about that and I was a doubter of Middleton.  The bottom line is Giannis has to step up his game in the playoffs.  From the little I've watched he's still far too hesitant with his jumper and his free-throw percentage is way too low.  In general I think the Bucks' problem is that they don't get as many transition hoops in the playoffs as they do in the regular season.  I'm not a huge fan of Budenholzer's h-c offense.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #732 on: May 23, 2021, 12:39:57 PM »

There are definitely people who think he's not good at basketball. Are those people who I should bother engaging with? Probably not.

The question about whether he can be the second star on a championship caliber team is a fair one.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #733 on: May 23, 2021, 12:53:55 PM »
Good thing Jrue > Middleton.

But that was a big time shot and he played well yesterday.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #734 on: May 23, 2021, 12:57:28 PM »
There are definitely people who think he's not good at basketball. Are those people who I should bother engaging with? Probably not.

The question about whether he can be the second star on a championship caliber team is a fair one.

Well he's not Anthony Davis or James Harden.  After those two teams however I'm not sure there's a clear #2 who is better.  It's certainly open for discussion.  It seems to me he has to be the #1 at times when Giannis is a little off or missing foul shots.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #735 on: May 23, 2021, 12:58:25 PM »
Apparently Middleton is good enough at basketball to go 27-6-6  — including the winning bucket in the final seconds — in a playoff game against a talented, proven, well-coached team that many are picking to return to the NBA Finals.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #736 on: May 23, 2021, 07:14:22 PM »
Another beautiful flop performance from Lebron today.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #737 on: May 23, 2021, 07:18:50 PM »

He'll never amount to anything.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #738 on: May 23, 2021, 07:32:10 PM »
It's hard to see Brooklyn losing with their overall talent. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #739 on: May 23, 2021, 08:36:41 PM »

And they are calling out Paul for a dirty play.

Paul boxed out the FT shooter. Lebron had both feet on the ground when the box out began. Lebron went over the back of Paul's boxout. But somehow it was a foul on Paul, and a dirty play by him...and Lebron had to writhe in pain on the ground.

All this could have been avoided if Lebron had been suspended for violating COVID protocols like he was supposed to be.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #740 on: May 23, 2021, 08:47:35 PM »

Paul boxed out the FT shooter. Lebron had both feet on the ground when the box out began. Lebron went over the back of Paul's boxout. But somehow it was a foul on Paul, and a dirty play by him...and Lebron had to writhe in pain on the ground.

All this could have been avoided if Lebron had been suspended for violating COVID protocols like he was supposed to be.

I didn't see it but very much appreciate the synopsis. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #741 on: May 23, 2021, 09:31:50 PM »

Paul grabbed Lebron’s arm. It was a clear foul. Did he oversell it? I have no idea, but it was undoubtedly a foul. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #742 on: May 23, 2021, 09:32:08 PM »
I didn't see it but very much appreciate the synopsis. 

It’s wrong.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #743 on: May 23, 2021, 09:53:29 PM »
Paul grabbed Lebron’s arm. It was a clear foul. Did he oversell it? I have no idea, but it was undoubtedly a foul.

So if a guy goes over the back on a man boxing out, and the man boxing out then grabs the persons arm, who is it a foul on? Not to mention that type of grab of the arm happens probably on 60% of box outs in the NBA.

I'd go with the person instigating the contact, the person going over the back.

Bottom line, most definitely not a dirty play as the Lakers are selling it now. And Lebron was once again flopping and acting. If that is what Lebron considers an aggressive and dangerous play, he wouldn't have made it a single season in the 80's/early 90's. Heck, he wouldn't have made it a single series against the bad boy pistons.

https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers/lebron-james-chris-paul-dangerous-play/

• All American
« Reply #744 on: May 23, 2021, 10:02:50 PM »
So if a guy goes over the back on a man boxing out, and the man boxing out then grabs the persons arm, who is it a foul on? Not to mention that type of grab of the arm happens probably on 60% of box outs in the NBA.

I'd go with the person instigating the contact, the person going over the back.

Bottom line, most definitely not a dirty play as the Lakers are selling it now. And Lebron was once again flopping and acting. If that is what Lebron considers an aggressive and dangerous play, he wouldn't have made it a single season in the 80's/early 90's. Heck, he wouldn't have made it a single series against the bad boy pistons.

https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers/lebron-james-chris-paul-dangerous-play/

You flat out have no idea what you are talking about. Paul cut in (early) from beyond the three point line and moved under Lebron and grabbed his arm.

Furthermore no one, including Paul, contested the call. Because it was obvious. Even the article you linked to doesn’t question the call.

Jeez I know you hate Lebron and all, but your bias is causing you to see things that aren’t there. Or you know jack sh*t about basketball. Which given your Bird>>>Lebron takes I’m not ruling out.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #745 on: May 23, 2021, 10:10:55 PM »
How serious is Donovan Mitchell's injury?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #746 on: May 23, 2021, 10:17:34 PM »
There are only three players playing right now that I would slot ahead of Wade all-time:  Lebron, Curry, and Durant.  I think people seem to forget what he did in the 2006 Finals.  It was as dominant a series in the history of the NBA.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #747 on: May 23, 2021, 10:49:35 PM »

You flat out have no idea what you are talking about. Paul cut in (early) from beyond the three point line and moved under Lebron and grabbed his arm.

Paul did not cut in early, he didn't cross the 3-pt line before Lebron released the ball. He initiated the box out when Lebron had both feet on the ground (not moving under). Lebron tried to go through Paul to get to the ball, their arms got tangled and Paul grabbed his arm. There is plenty commentary on the internet about whether it should have been a foul on Paul, and that it was a flop. Paul moved on, because thats pretty much who he is...a just play ball kind of guy. Can call a foul on Paul there, or Lebron.

If you want to see how common arms getting tangled like that is, go back and watch the Warriors v. Grizzlies game from a couple nights ago. Grabbing of arms like that happens on nearly every play with Looney and Valanciunas. Never called, because that physicality is part of NBA basketball and they aren't taking dives. It was called here only because Lebron took a dive.

If you want to find someone cutting in early, Lebron actually crosses the FT line a split second early. Would never be called as it was bang-bang, but that is the only person cutting in early.

Finally, I never said I have a problem with the foul being called, its fine. Rather pointing out as many on the internet have, that you could actually call a foul on Lebron there. My only point was the absurdity of Lebron and the Lakers. It was a dive. It was not aggressive or dirty, but they are playing it up as if Paul walked up to Lebron while he was shooting the free throw and kicked him square in the nuts.

That crap drives me nuts. I'm more like Paul, just play basketball. Hell, I've seen guys get elbowed in the face, a tooth pop out, and they just pick it up off the floor push it back in and finish the game, not even calling a foul.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:52:58 PM by forgetful »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #748 on: May 23, 2021, 10:51:41 PM »

Furthermore no one, including Paul, contested the call. Because it was obvious. Even the article you linked to doesn’t question the call.

Jeez I know you hate Lebron and all, but your bias is causing you to see things that aren’t there. Or you know jack sh*t about basketball. Which given your Bird>>>Lebron takes I’m not ruling out.

It was a foul, correctly called.  It also wasn’t dirty. Lebron had no reason to collapse to the ground like he did, holding his arm before he even landed.  It was egregious flopping and overacting.  But he was trying to create a mess and change momentum/steal points, it is what it is at this point. Shrug

Cam Payne somehow being the only one ejected during the scrum was bizarre. Also bizarre was AD deciding not to show up

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #749 on: May 23, 2021, 10:55:06 PM »
It was a foul, correctly called.  It also wasn’t dirty. Lebron had no reason to collapse to the ground like he did, holding his arm before he even landed.  It was egregious flopping and overacting.  But he was trying to create a mess and change momentum/steal points, it is what it is at this point. Shrug

Cam Payne somehow being the only one ejected during the scrum was bizarre. Also bizarre was AD deciding not to show up

Ty JWags, I was watching golf.  Did LeBron wear goggles or an eye-patch today?  How was he able to complete after getting that hammer elbow from JTA?

feedback