collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 188053 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #650 on: May 20, 2021, 08:02:26 AM »
LeBron isn't a loser.  He is about as big of a phony as you will find anywhere, in any field.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #651 on: May 20, 2021, 08:21:06 AM »
I totally believe he’ll need double surgery to replace his eyeballs. First ever person to get a new eyeball and be able to see with it. And that’ll be done by the weekend.

Anybody questioning that didn’t see the blatant and vicious elbow to the chin Juan gave him on the charge that got over called. I mean, LBJ was showing the refs what happened and it was clear as day he was exactly right.

(I love that even though they have it slowed down and zoomed in and Juan’s elbow never came close to LBJ’s chin, Breen can’t say “he didn’t get elbowed.” It has to be “I didn’t see anything from that angle.”)

Yes.  Let's not forget his reaction to Juan's "vicious elbow".  Excellent point on the gutless Breen with that one.  Anyone who doesn't think LeBron isn't one of the biggest phonies in the history of sports isn't dealing with reality.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #652 on: May 20, 2021, 08:45:43 AM »
Yes.  Let's not forget his reaction to Juan's "vicious elbow".  Excellent point on the gutless Breen with that one.  Anyone who doesn't think LeBron isn't one of the biggest phonies in the history of sports isn't dealing with reality.

Honestly the elbow one was worse for me.

At least with the Draymond one, he did legit get hit and in the moment while its complete cowardly he tried to sell the call.

The Juan play was a complete whiff, and he started trying to claim contact while sitting on the bench when the review was already going down. Everyone including the refs are at that point seeing its complete bs and there is nothing to try and sell.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #653 on: May 20, 2021, 09:04:34 AM »
Wags, you can call him anything you want. Free country, and all that. But personally, I don't think "loser" is the word I'd choose for one of the winningest players in basketball history. He's also a billionaire who has given tens of millions of dollars to charitable causes. I wish Marquette and the other teams and athletes I actually root for "lost" like he has.

Fine, swap out “loser” with phony, childish, etc

I don’t care what he’s done off the court with charity, cause it’s certainly admirable but not germane to this discussion. I’ve never said he’s a monster or that he should “shut up and dribble.”  I think much of his on court behavior, for a player of his ability and size and accomplishment is pathetic and always has been. And I also think he, very much like Aaron Rodgers, is OBSESSED with an ongoing narrative that paints him as heroic and overcoming, often to excess. A close win against an inferior team needs a brushing of personal adversity to show that he was really a dramatic victor, not that his team snuck past someone they should have handily beat. He’s been pretty consistent about it his entire career.  Just like all the books he pretends he reads for photo ops in the locker room yet doesn’t get past the first 20 pages  :o

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #654 on: May 20, 2021, 09:07:13 AM »
Bronnie's an idiot, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #655 on: May 20, 2021, 09:22:12 AM »
I can only imagine the carnage here if the Lakers win the title.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #656 on: May 20, 2021, 09:51:16 AM »
Bronnie's an idiot, aina?

Why go after the guy's kid, eh?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #657 on: May 20, 2021, 12:18:15 PM »

I don’t care what he’s done off the court with charity, cause it’s certainly admirable but not germane to this discussion. I’ve never said he’s a monster or that he should “shut up and dribble.”  I think much of his on court behavior, for a player of his ability and size and accomplishment is pathetic and always has been. And I also think he, very much like Aaron Rodgers, is OBSESSED with an ongoing narrative that paints him as heroic and overcoming, often to excess. A close win against an inferior team needs a brushing of personal adversity to show that he was really a dramatic victor, not that his team snuck past someone they should have handily beat. He’s been pretty consistent about it his entire career.  Just like all the books he pretends he reads for photo ops in the locker room yet doesn’t get past the first 20 pages  :o

Ty JWags.  I forgot about his photo-op fake reading.  Another very important example about his history of pathetic actions.  There's no way to sugarcoat any of his nonsense. 

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #658 on: May 20, 2021, 12:32:16 PM »
Ty JWags.  I forgot about his photo-op fake reading.  Another very important example about his history of pathetic actions.  There's no way to sugarcoat any of his nonsense.

I had never heard about the fake reading thing, but googling "lebron pretending to read" the first result is rt.com. I have no idea whether he fakes reading, there's an nbcsports.com article that talks about how he's always pictured reading the first few pages of a book, but I can tell you any time you end up in a hit piece published by Pravda 2.0, it's not as damning as the Borscht-Crew thinks it is.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #659 on: May 20, 2021, 12:44:49 PM »
I had never heard about the fake reading thing, but googling "lebron pretending to read" the first result is rt.com. I have no idea whether he fakes reading, there's an nbcsports.com article that talks about how he's always pictured reading the first few pages of a book, but I can tell you any time you end up in a hit piece published by Pravda 2.0, it's not as damning as the Borscht-Crew thinks it is.

I remember PMT calling him on it. He supposedly reads The Godfather every playoffs but is always on the first few pages.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #660 on: May 20, 2021, 12:54:10 PM »
This book reading thing is very serious. This is where we miss Bill Barr as he could open an investigation so we could get to the bottom of this. The depth to which LeBron haters will sink is astounding to me.

Whether he reads books or not means next to nothing. The only effect it might have is that young kids see him with an open book and they themselves become more likely to read. Wouldn't that be terrible.

But give it a bit more time. You guys will come up with something equally silly.

I am a big GS fan. They didn't lose because the refs gave it to LA or because LeBron conned people. They won because LeBron hit a very tough 3 and Poole missed a wide open easy 3. They also didn't lose because KCP travelled and it wasn't called because you could just as easily pick out 20 other plays where the refs didn't call something.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #661 on: May 20, 2021, 01:01:56 PM »
I find peoples' Lebron obsession to be really funny. The fact that he gets people all spun up is kinda amusing tbh. If the book thing causes people to melt down I hope he starts "reading" War and Peace in Russian, or Das Kapital in German, or an unabridged copy of "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" just to screw with people. Mix it up with a copy of One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, just for the lulz.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #662 on: May 20, 2021, 01:07:54 PM »
I find peoples' Lebron obsession to be really funny. The fact that he gets people all spun up is kinda amusing tbh. If the book thing causes people to melt down I hope he starts "reading" War and Peace in Russian, or Das Kapital in German, or an unabridged copy of "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" just to screw with people. Mix it up with a copy of One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, just for the lulz.

I root for the guy just to see people here get flustered because it's so amusing.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #663 on: May 20, 2021, 01:25:42 PM »
I have never rooted for any of LeBron’s teams to win the title, and I agree completely with Ficke and Sultan.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #664 on: May 20, 2021, 02:02:33 PM »

Its no different than Rodgers, but most of the people here are Packers fans so its a slanted perception.

I think Lebron gets a lot of Tebow factor in his coverage.  Everything he does is glorified (in no small part because he has an unreal support team.  As much as I don't care for Lebron, I admire the HELL out of Maverick Carter, despite not liking his primary product).  Couple that with Lebron fans who migrate from team to team with him and right now are bigger and louder and more boisterous Lakers fans than people who sat courtside during the Showtime era, and its a perfect cocktail.

I get Fluffy's stance and in many cases I'm the same way.  Chaos is endlessly amusing. 

But FOH with the high horse nonsense sneering at "Lebron haters".  Nobody is "melting down" over the book stuff.  It was a light hearted jab.  Same way people laugh at an athlete's fashion choice if they view themselves as a tastemaker.  Nobody is losing their mind over it.  Its just more phony behavior from someone who likes to portray themselves as "real".

Nobody is picking at little things.  In big moment in a one and done game, the best player of a generation got poked in the eye and crumbled to the floor holding his face in one hand and his hamstring in the other, for some reason, and rolled around for minutes trying to draw a flagrant.  Then hit a monster shot and when asked about it, unprompted, brought up getting hit in the eye and lied about supposed triple vision.  It would have been patently absurd if Kuzma did it or Draymond.  Hell if it was Draymond, the reaction would be even more crazed.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #665 on: May 20, 2021, 02:07:44 PM »

Nobody is picking at little things.  In big moment in a one and done game, the best player of a generation got poked in the eye and crumbled to the floor holding his face in one hand and his hamstring in the other, for some reason, and rolled around for minutes trying to draw a flagrant.  Then hit a monster shot and when asked about it, unprompted, brought up getting hit in the eye and lied about supposed triple vision.  It would have been patently absurd if Kuzma did it or Draymond.  Hell if it was Draymond, the reaction would be even more crazed.

You do realize that is just an opinion - you have no idea how bad he was poked in the eye. The fact is that it was clearly visible.

I would also advise you to look at the way he landed. A lot of guys might have torn up a knee on that landing.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #666 on: May 20, 2021, 02:30:30 PM »

As I said, call him whatever you want ... though calling a guy who wins big almost everything year a “loser” did seem pretty silly.

As for the rest of this thread, it’s pretty funny how obsessed folks are with LeBron.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #667 on: May 20, 2021, 02:51:49 PM »
As I said, call him whatever you want ... though calling a guy who wins big almost everything year a “loser” did seem pretty silly.

As for the rest of this thread, it’s pretty funny how obsessed folks are with LeBron.

Sorry we cant be all be so noble and detached and wise about sports as you, Mike. If only we were half obsessed with Lebron as you were about referencing a certain "emperor", "king", or "President Pandemic" in 75% of the threads here.  8-) 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #668 on: May 20, 2021, 02:52:18 PM »

Nobody's more obsessed with LeBron than LeBron.  Or, I should say King James.  Sorry LeBron!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #669 on: May 20, 2021, 03:25:19 PM »

I was gonna say. It is funny. And I think some people don't know it works both ways.

He's so polarizing. Some people go out of their way to hate him and some go out of their way to love him.

We got multiple guys saying they root for his teams to win simply to see his haters meltdown. Ironically I root for a collapse to see his fanboys meltdown.

Personally he doesnt bother me much. His flopping is over the top. And the thought of him ever playing football is hilarious. But hes a solid human being.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #670 on: May 20, 2021, 03:38:59 PM »
I was gonna say. It is funny. And I think some people don't know it works both ways.

He's so polarizing. Some people go out of their way to hate him and some go out of their way to love him.

We got multiple guys saying they root for his teams to win simply to see his haters meltdown. Ironically I root for a collapse to see his fanboys meltdown.

Personally he doesnt bother me much. His flopping is over the top. And the thought of him ever playing football is hilarious. But hes a solid human being got an incredible PR team around him, and has an absurd amount of money that allows him to donate a good amount to good things (which is good on him).

FIFY.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #671 on: May 20, 2021, 03:40:51 PM »
Man, ya lost a bunch of us wit dat last sentence, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #672 on: May 20, 2021, 04:00:15 PM »
Nobody's more obsessed with LeBron than LeBron.  Or, I should say King James.  Sorry LeBron!

You're sort of a close second tho

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #673 on: May 20, 2021, 04:23:50 PM »
You're sort of a close second tho

Maybe second.  But it's certainly not close.  Nobody is in the same stratosphere.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #674 on: May 20, 2021, 04:27:29 PM »

Personally he doesnt bother me much. His flopping is over the top. And the thought of him ever playing football is hilarious. But hes a solid human being.

Insert Mad Men "I don't think of you at all.gif." I'm mildly amused when people go to war over the guy, so I have no problem gently fanning the flames, but I can think of few things in major sports I care about less than the performance of the Lakers or any of their players not named Wesley.

feedback