collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 188060 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #550 on: May 02, 2021, 09:54:15 PM »
They need another guard. When you have to play one of DiVincenzo, Forbes, or Connaughton down the stretch it's not great.

This roster has some weird fits. Forbes and Portis can score off the bench but are unplayable defensively in closing minutes. Lopez is quickly becoming that way. Tucker helps, but they give up a ton on the glass when he's in.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #551 on: May 02, 2021, 10:28:52 PM »
Dante D from my eyes is a pretty good defender and rebounder.  Forbes is probably far worse and perhaps Portis is a chair out there.  But neither Lopez or Dante are going to stop the most skilled offensive players.  The question is who would you go with at 4 and 5 to close playoff games?  I was surprised to see Budenholzer primarily went with DiVincenzo and Connaughton this afternoon.  I'm just curious for those that have watched this Milwaukee team who you would have on the floor during crunch time when it counts? 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #552 on: May 03, 2021, 07:00:56 AM »
They need another guard. When you have to play one of DiVincenzo, Forbes, or Connaughton down the stretch it's not great.

I assume you are talking about for next season, because they aren't gonna get a guard who can help them this season.

Dante D from my eyes is a pretty good defender and rebounder.  Forbes is probably far worse and perhaps Portis is a chair out there.  But neither Lopez or Dante are going to stop the most skilled offensive players.  The question is who would you go with at 4 and 5 to close playoff games?  I was surprised to see Budenholzer primarily went with DiVincenzo and Connaughton this afternoon.  I'm just curious for those that have watched this Milwaukee team who you would have on the floor during crunch time when it counts? 

Floor spacing, perhaps? Giannis needs room to operate. Connaughton shoots 38% from 3 and DiVicenzo 37%. Those aren't Steph numbers but they're better than, say, Kemba. Just guessing that might be one reason they're playing.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #553 on: May 03, 2021, 07:05:53 AM »
LaMelo returned earlier than expected from his broken wrist. Almost got a triple-double in his return game vs Detroit, including an absolutely ridiculous, 70-foot, underhanded pass that hit Miles Bridges in stride for a layup. It's exciting to think how good an offensive player this kid -- he's 19! -- is gonna be, because he's already incredible.

“You know if you’re running and you’re open, you’re gonna get the ball,” Bridges said. “There’s a different type of energy when you know there’s always someone looking up.”

The one good thing about so many Charlotte players being hurt at once is that Bridges has become an absolute stud. Known primarily for his vicious dunks, he became the go-to offensive player with Ball, Hayward, Monk and others out. He had 27 points, seven rebounds and four assists in LaMelo's return.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 07:09:41 AM by MU82 »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #554 on: May 03, 2021, 07:35:47 AM »
Yeah, eye'd trade #12 four 'im straight up write now, boychik, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #555 on: May 03, 2021, 09:42:51 AM »
I assume you are talking about for next season, because they aren't gonna get a guard who can help them this season.

Yeah, looking forward. I think they win a series, maybe get to the ECF this year. But they don't have enough to get through Philly and Brooklyn.

Floor spacing, perhaps? Giannis needs room to operate. Connaughton shoots 38% from 3 and DiVicenzo 37%. Those aren't Steph numbers but they're better than, say, Kemba. Just guessing that might be one reason they're playing.

They're both serviceable shooters, who don't do anything else particularly well. Neither are good enough to close games for a contender. Donte's defense is okay... he's above average on-ball, but has really poor awareness off the ball. On a team with title aspirations, he's ideally a 20 minute guy off the bench.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #556 on: May 03, 2021, 11:08:49 AM »
Yeah, looking forward. I think they win a series, maybe get to the ECF this year. But they don't have enough to get through Philly and Brooklyn.

They're both serviceable shooters, who don't do anything else particularly well. Neither are good enough to close games for a contender. Donte's defense is okay... he's above average on-ball, but has really poor awareness off the ball. On a team with title aspirations, he's ideally a 20 minute guy off the bench.

All that seems fair.

Not many teams with three max players have a roster that's otherwise filled with outstanding role players, but you're no doubt right about the Bucks needing an upgrade.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #557 on: May 03, 2021, 11:56:06 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/HoodieKD7/status/1389068337812938752

Thoughts and prayers to LeBron. I really hope he doesn’t get CTE from the vicious hits to the head he takes like this.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #558 on: May 03, 2021, 12:25:04 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/HoodieKD7/status/1389068337812938752

Thoughts and prayers to LeBron. I really hope he doesn’t get CTE from the vicious hits to the head he takes like this.

That crap should just be turned into flagrant 2's, ejection. Drives me nuts. (And just to be clear, I mean Lebron or anyone else faking being hit should be a flagrant 2).

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #559 on: May 03, 2021, 01:19:19 PM »
That crap should just be turned into flagrant 2's, ejection. Drives me nuts. (And just to be clear, I mean Lebron or anyone else faking being hit should be a flagrant 2).

Couldn't agree more.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #560 on: May 03, 2021, 08:12:05 PM »
Nah, ya gotta furst have a brain ta suffer CTE, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #561 on: May 03, 2021, 08:52:32 PM »
Nah, ya gotta furst have a brain ta suffer CTE, aina?

Watch out 4ever.  LeBron could get mad you criticized his intelligence.  He might Tweet your picture and #You're Next.  Remember this is the same guy who brilliantly eviscerated  the former Houston GM because he had the gall to support freedom for Hong Kong.   In his mind LeBron has the intellectual capacity of a Da Vinci or Newton....assuming he knows who they were. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #562 on: May 03, 2021, 10:03:50 PM »
Watch out 4ever.  LeBron could get mad you criticized his intelligence.  He might Tweet your picture and #You're Next.  Remember this is the same guy who brilliantly eviscerated  the former Houston GM because he had the gall to support freedom for Hong Kong.   In his mind LeBron has the intellectual capacity of a Da Vinci or Newton....assuming he knows who they were.

Don’t be ridiculous, of course LeBron knows who Newton is.  He’s a popular guy after all. 

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/O5f9JGX7Ipk/maxresdefault.jpg

MU82

• All American
« Reply #563 on: May 03, 2021, 11:37:54 PM »
LeBron is reel stoopid. He might never make it as a Scooper, where all of us smart peeple are.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #564 on: May 05, 2021, 07:20:21 AM »
Dante played lights out in game 2 against the Nets. Pretty much the perfect game for his role.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #565 on: May 05, 2021, 08:33:57 AM »
LeBron is reel stoopid. He might never make it as a Scooper, where all of us smart peeple are.

Lebron believes the he (and all other black men) are “literally being hunted every day, every time we step out of our homes” in America. Hard to string together cogent thoughts when you’re living in a sh!thole country bent on genocide, ai’na?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #566 on: May 05, 2021, 08:39:32 AM »
Anyone notice we always get a “pile on the black guy” by the same posters here at Scoop? Tucker couldn’t do it any better.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #567 on: May 05, 2021, 08:41:51 AM »
Anyone notice we always get a “pile on the black guy” by the same posters here at Scoop? Tucker couldn’t do it any better.

BLM and forgetful usually "pile on the black guy?"
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #568 on: May 05, 2021, 09:14:30 AM »

Jockey

Just quoting one of the King’s musings, though I didn’t put it in CAPS, as he did. When you (or anyone) quote a stupid Trump tweet, I believe that you’re “piling on”, mocking or criticizing (fairly) Donald Trump and nobody else. But if someone criticizes Lebron, it’s not about Lebron, it’s about all black men?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #569 on: May 06, 2021, 07:22:50 AM »
LBJ is a flat out idiot regardless if he's blue, green, pink, or red, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #570 on: May 06, 2021, 07:32:00 AM »

Hardly an idiot...but does say some odd things occasionally.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #571 on: May 06, 2021, 07:42:05 AM »

BLM and forgetful usually "pile on the black guy?"

I first read this and thought, what are you talking about, have you lost your mind. Then realized it was about Lebron.

As an aside, even I was thinking of defending him in regards to intelligence. Like his game/politics or not, the man is clearly very smart. He doesn't dominate the market like he does by being stupid.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #572 on: May 06, 2021, 07:52:27 AM »
I first read this and thought, what are you talking about, have you lost your mind. Then realized it was about Lebron.

As an aside, even I was thinking of defending him in regards to intelligence. Like his game/politics or not, the man is clearly very smart. He doesn't dominate the market like he does by being stupid.

I'd counter that he dominates the market by being a top 3 player of all time. Mostly being facetious, but what I would say about Lebron is that he's always trying to educate himself. Doesn't always get it right (for example, lots of 'smart' NBA stuck their feet in their mouths on China), but tries. More than a lot of us can say about our willingness to expand perspectives.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #573 on: May 06, 2021, 08:08:58 PM »

This is false, and I hope you know it.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #574 on: May 06, 2021, 11:16:15 PM »

Has anyone else noticed that some people want to talk about all the colors of the rainbow when they criticize people of color?

feedback