collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 188087 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2020, 11:32:08 PM »
Every team has their “city” uniform. The Heat’s colors aren’t Miami Vice style neon pink and turquoise.  The Lakers are wearing light blue. Denver had rainbow colors in the past and now a city uniform that is red and orange. It’s meant to be an unrelated alternate Jersey related to something about the team or their city.  The Bucks wore a MECCA-floor uniform 2 years ago, this isn’t a new thing.  No different than Marquette wearing black or turquoise in certain games. It’s marketing and merchandising.  Soccer teams have been wearing road kits and “3rd” kits for years that don’t follow a very conventional color palette. Having only 2 jerseys both related to your “team colors” hasn’t been common in most leagues for a long time.

And if you want to be particular, the Bucks were purple and green for a long time in the 90s and 2000s before returning to the green and red/gold

Kind of figured it was something about selling jerseys. And yeah – I forgot about the purple era.

Anything for a buck…

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2020, 12:20:02 AM »
Every team has their “city” uniform. The Heat’s colors aren’t Miami Vice style neon pink and turquoise.  The Lakers are wearing light blue. Denver had rainbow colors in the past and now a city uniform that is red and orange. It’s meant to be an unrelated alternate Jersey related to something about the team or their city.  The Bucks wore a MECCA-floor uniform 2 years ago, this isn’t a new thing.  No different than Marquette wearing black or turquoise in certain games. It’s marketing and merchandising.  Soccer teams have been wearing road kits and “3rd” kits for years that don’t follow a very conventional color palette. Having only 2 jerseys both related to your “team colors” hasn’t been common in most leagues for a long time.

And if you want to be particular, the Bucks were purple and green for a long time in the 90s and 2000s before returning to the green and red/gold

We all know that.

The Cream City were awesome. Liked the MECCA floor unis. These are garbage.  1995 Cleveland Cavs surplus sale
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2020, 12:47:45 AM »
We all know that.

The Cream City were awesome. Liked the MECCA floor unis. These are garbage.  1995 Cleveland Cavs surplus sale

Clearly “we all” don’t as Goo took it to mean the Bucks changed their colors all together.

That being said they are terrible. Boring, unimaginative, and with lame significance. Especially disappointing as they are a hot team in the league right now and so many other teams have amazing City uniforms

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2020, 07:25:17 AM »
I loved Milwaukee's alternate blue jerseys.  Way cool.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2020, 09:27:29 AM »
Here is a breakdown of all the NBA players by college.  MU has 5 (Kentucky leads with 31, including four players on the Knicks).

https://www.si.com/college/unc/basketball/ncaa-division-i-nba-representation-202021

What caught my eye is Bucky has one player in the NBA, Frank Kaminsky.  And he was cut by Sacramento last week and picked up by Phoenix.  He was not in Uni for their first game (their second game is tonight).

So Bucky is close to having no NBA players.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2020, 12:15:18 PM »
Here is a breakdown of all the NBA players by college.  MU has 5 (Kentucky leads with 31, including four players on the Knicks).

https://www.si.com/college/unc/basketball/ncaa-division-i-nba-representation-202021

What caught my eye is Bucky has one player in the NBA, Frank Kaminsky.  And he was cut by Sacramento last week and picked up by Phoenix.  He was not in Uni for their first game (their second game is tonight).

As long as Gard or a Bo Ryan disciple is at the helm, this won’t change regardless of the success of the program.  It’s diametrically opposed to the style and needs of the NBA game in both style of play and type of player.

Kaminsky would be out of the league if he was 2-3 inches shorter.  He’s good enough shooter at 7 feet to stick around but he’s never gonna be a real rotation player again.

Dekker was unlucky with injuries, but he just wasn’t athletic enough to overcome the fact that he was an exceedingly mediocre shooter from distance when he was still in the league. He’s playing in Turkey and will continue to get nice paychecks at that level for years.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2020, 12:26:29 PM »

I’ll take their two recent Final Four banners over having NBA players any day.

They have three fifth year seniors starting. Trice is 24. While we may have upset them they’ll make a tourney run while we’ll hope to make it to the second round fir the first time since before their Final Four runs.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2020, 12:31:47 PM »
As long as Gard or a Bo Ryan disciple is at the helm, this won’t change regardless of the success of the program.  It’s diametrically opposed to the style and needs of the NBA game in both style of play and type of player.

Kaminsky would be out of the league if he was 2-3 inches shorter.  He’s good enough shooter at 7 feet to stick around but he’s never gonna be a real rotation player again.

Dekker was unlucky with injuries, but he just wasn’t athletic enough to overcome the fact that he was an exceedingly mediocre shooter from distance when he was still in the league. He’s playing in Turkey and will continue to get nice paychecks at that level for years.

Dis iz y Herro opted out, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2020, 03:38:46 PM »
Dallas up on the Clippers, 77-27 at the half.

No, that isn’t a typo. I had to do a double take when I saw the score.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2020, 04:12:11 PM »
Dallas up on the Clippers, 77-27 at the half.

No, that isn’t a typo. I had to do a double take when I saw the score.

No Kawhi. But thats obviously still an insane score. 27 first half pts in the NBA is pretty damn hard to pull off.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2020, 06:06:56 PM »
Clips not on a back to back, playing at home. That first half was something. Looked like the end of games when anxious backups miss everything short or way off due to nerves or jitters. It was a breathtaking display of garbage basketball. If you told me one team scored 77 and the total for the half was under 105, id call you a liar

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2020, 12:02:47 AM »
Bucks giving up 130 to a Knicks team on the second half of a back to back was eye opening.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2020, 06:39:03 AM »
Bucks giving up 130 to a Knicks team on the second half of a back to back was eye opening.

Not really. It’s early season NBA basketball.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2020, 07:23:52 AM »
Not really. It’s early season NBA basketball.
Plus a lot of new guys to work into that system. That cant continue though, Yikes.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2020, 08:30:23 AM »
Bud's already sold hiz Fox Point crib. Hiz ass has gotta bee feelin' da heet, aina?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 08:35:22 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2020, 08:19:39 PM »
Did TNT just change over to live look ins around the league because the Bucks-Heat game is too much of a blowout? I’ve never seen TNT do that before.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2020, 08:56:28 PM »
Giannis the only Buck not to make a 3.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2020, 09:56:54 PM »
Bud's already sold hiz Fox Point crib. Hiz ass has gotta bee feelin' da heet, aina?

Yeah. You’re a smart one.  ;D

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2020, 10:36:13 PM »
Giannis the only Buck not to make a 3.

Gets his huge contract and he’s already mailing it in , SMDH

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2020, 11:04:10 PM »
Interesting trend that teams that are getting torched aren’t on the second end of back to backs. Weird to see so many 30-50 point blowouts handed to decent to above average teams.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2020, 11:05:03 AM »
The Bucks are 2-2 with a 20 point loss this year and they still have a scoring margin of +16.25 points per game.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2020, 01:09:05 PM »
The Bucks are 2-2 with a 20 point loss this year and they still have a scoring margin of +16.25 points per game.

To be expected.

This is a whole new team. I believe 10 of the top 15 guys in minutes played last year are gone. Takes a while for a new team to get up to speed.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2020, 01:12:15 PM »
To be expected.

This is a whole new team. I believe 10 of the top 15 guys in minutes played last year are gone. Takes a while for a new team to get up to speed.

Agreed. Still, that scoring margin is pretty incredible for a 2-2 team.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2020, 01:18:20 PM »
Interesting trend that teams that are getting torched aren’t on the second end of back to backs. Weird to see so many 30-50 point blowouts handed to decent to above average teams.

My rough take is that without training camps there is some lacking team chemistry and understanding.  That leads to not only flat starts, but a lack of cohesive fight to claw back when you fall behind early.  I think it’s been interesting that not just are the blowouts happening, the losing team just goes onto cruise control insanely early.  You look at the Pelicans last night, they might as well have stayed in the locker room for the second half. You’re not even getting garbage scoring

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2020, 01:47:06 PM »
My rough take is that without training camps there is some lacking team chemistry and understanding.  That leads to not only flat starts, but a lack of cohesive fight to claw back when you fall behind early.  I think it’s been interesting that not just are the blowouts happening, the losing team just goes onto cruise control insanely early.  You look at the Pelicans last night, they might as well have stayed in the locker room for the second half. You’re not even getting garbage scoring

Well said.

feedback